XanderZane
Squire
Squire

Top 30 Heroes & Best 5 Heroes

Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 am

This is a question for players who have almost all the heroes. Which are the Top 30 Heroes in your stable. Out of those 30 Soul Heroes, which ones would be in your Top 5? I think this will help new players (including myself) on which Heroes they should be concentrating on and which ones they should just leave along.

divino
Baron
Baron

Re: Top 30 Heroes & Best 5 Heroes

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:00 am

My favourites ones are:

riley, arachna, tareth, xanos, amaterasu (jasmine), dokras, serafine, gale, elric, wraxius (he is my absolute favorite), gizmo, alana, ethera, cara, leah, mortus, osiris...

etc, top five? hard to say, but i would say arachna, dokras, jasmine, cara and choose one from the list above.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:58 am

XanderZane wrote:
This is a question for players who have almost all the heroes. Which are the Top 30 Heroes in your stable. Out of those 30 Soul Heroes, which ones would be in your Top 5? I think this will help new players (including myself) on which Heroes they should be concentrating on and which ones they should just leave along.

It is a long time to reaching level 90 (previous maximum) to awaken heroes. It is longer, by months, to reaching 100. At different parts of the game, heroes will be ascendant of descendent as to their usefulness. Looking ahead is good, but you also need to enjoy success at your current levels to keep playing. It is actually easier to inquire for the five worst heroes that you should definitely leave behind as that is a much easier (and likely useful) answer to come by. Be aware, that if a hero is not useful until the late game (say, level 80 and above), you will have plenty of time and sufficient resources to advance that hero in a few days. Otherwise, most heroes have some use and learning how to use them is much of the fun of the game.

One general rule is that the newer heroes are pretty good. A year ago, the choice was extremely limited. So the choices and experiences of many upper level players will not be relevant to the choices you face. There are few wrong ways to proceed in the beginning.

XanderZane
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Which 5 heroes are the worse? The 5 I use the most are Ezio, Gizmo, Cyana, Ariel and Ember. I just got Dokras & Xanos and they are great as well. Need to finish leveling them.

ThorAres
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Its tough because the meta changes alot thru leveling....slim is trash and so is kaneq til about lvl 85 then they dominate. Alistair is another thats op up to 85 then starts to drop off along with xanos. Elric is equal to drago then drops off from 75-90 but is better than drago once awakened. As said above the better question is to ask who to never touch or worst heros. The only real constant in game is that ember is horrible.

divino
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:09 pm

I dont understand why so much Ember hate, i have been kicked badly a couple of times by a team with ember.

XanderZane
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 pm

divino wrote:
I dont understand why so much Ember hate, i have been kicked badly a couple of times by a team with ember.

Ember seems to be decent when starting out, but she dies quickly when you get to high levels. I guess her "awakening" doesn't do much for her. I use her still because she's one of my only 4 star heroes right now. Ember and Elric are easy to get to 4 star.

ThorAres
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Ember doesnt have an awakening. The main issue with ember is she feeds the enemy team a ton of ultimate charge and doesnt do enough damage to mitigate that.

XanderZane
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:08 pm

So there are only certain heroes who have awakenings? Maybe I'll switch her out for Ariel instead.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 pm

ThorAres wrote:
Ember doesnt have an awakening. The main issue with ember is she feeds the enemy team a ton of ultimate charge and doesnt do enough damage to mitigate that.

Having started playing around 3-4 months ago, and being level 86 atm, I remember very well how Ember has been performing along the way (on opponents, since I don't use her). In the beginnning till around level 40-60 she was very, very powerful. At at 60ish she started to decline. At 70-80 she is getting worse and worse, she is not that bad, some teams do use her very effectively with lots of AOE magic and reducing opponent's magic defense. Those teams are squishy, but they DO kill fast! So, she is kinda ok in those teams. I feel like her ultimate is the worst thing about her though, her other skills deal pretty decent constant damage. Her ulti just gives everyone energy, does crap damage, is interruptible by almost everything... Horrible ultimate.

XanderZane wrote:
So there are only certain heroes who have awakenings? Maybe I'll switch her out for Ariel instead.

Ariel kinda suffers from the same problems as Ember. She destroys in the beginning, but later she just feeds the enemy with energy. She does have some utility later still, she is more resilient with her shield, her ulti does decent damage and is instant, the silence is pretty good. Definitely better than ember,