Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I haven't read any posts so I'll just jump in here without response to anybody, but yes, I agree that this game has become a full blown pay2win.
I haven't paid too much, but ever since I got sylphi, I've been going ham everywhere. Everything has become so much easier. Currently #1 in Epic and #4 in Normal Arena. the 3 teammates above me are my guild mates, who spend money themselves.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 am

HunterXHunter wrote:
GreyWind wrote:
Zi0iP wrote:
On mobile? They are all pay to win. Here only Goram and Sylphi(HoL and Raid) + Ezio(Arena) are pay2win. Others are pretty easy to counter and you can access to them easily.

Don't you like your server? Start on a fresh new one where there are fewer spenders ;)

ezio and sylphis is easily countered...

How do you easily counter them? :D this is a friendly question in the name of knowledge.

Goram is way easier to counter than Ezio and Sylphi but:
- Ezio is dead to Serafine and Cara, while Lumos and Xanos are pretty good to deal with him;
- Sylphi is countered by everyone in the meta...just use damage instead of supports!

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
Goram is way easier to counter than Ezio and Sylphi but:
- Ezio is dead to Serafine and Cara, while Lumos and Xanos are pretty good to deal with him;
- Sylphi is countered by everyone in the meta...just use damage instead of supports!

I agree on the Ezio part, but he literally wastes Serafine's ultimate abilities potential, further he is dodgy bastard who is literally invincible for 70% of the battle you need stunners to keep him target able. but you know what he is countered extremely well by Sylphi.

about Goram well since he is frontline so there are multiple ways to kill the bastard.

But what are you saying about Sylphi? please enlighten me!. it's like your saying kill your enemies to win :P
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:02 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
I agree on the Ezio part, but he literally wastes Serafine's ultimate abilities potential, further he is dodgy bastard who is literally invincible for 70% of the battle you need stunners to keep him target able. but you know what he is countered extremely well by Sylphi.

about Goram well since he is frontline so there are multiple ways to kill the bastard.

But what are you saying about Sylphi? please enlighten me!. it's like your saying kill your enemies to win :P

Usually Serafine unleashes the ult after Ezio goes back to the frontline ==> you waste nothing
Sylphi counters Ezio only if you let Sylphi survive for 60+s...why should you use Ezio in a low damage team?

About Sylphi: use search button. I wrote a detailed guide on how to counter her in previous posts.
The majority of the community doesn't consider Sylphi a problem in Arena. If you have no dive nor combo heroes, the problem is not Sylphi but your roaster, because combo + dive is the meta(= the best heroes at O+2)!

Clerked
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Good counter to sylphi right now is prince and driller. Nylia is good at keeping her frozen and obsolete on the battle field as well

[SL]Clerked-

Proud Elder of Souls Legacy. Top Guild on Server 66.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 pm

...and Xanos, Ezio, Malrath, Taurus, Nilya, Kaneq, Arcturus, etc etc

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:09 am

kojixahi wrote:
With so many OP heroes available ONLY with insane amounts of cash - equivalent of several AAA games for one hero - I'd say is safe to say that there is no point to play this game anymore unless one has a masochistic desire to feed whales egos.

What other similar game where the developers are not in full greed mode would you recommend?

Hello Kojixahi, I think you are aware that Soul Hunters is a game that is 100% free, correct? You don't need to spend money in the game (just like thousands of players do). State that the game is pay to win when there are so many players that don't and are still competitive is just not right.

For new heroes you are able to get free login heroes and their Soulstones every month and with every update we release new heroes Soulstones in the game shops. These stones can be farmed for free using shop currency as you know.

Regarding the new heroes they also end up being released in the game shops, something that many games don't do. If you don't want to wait for the hero to be released you can buy it, if you don't want to buy please have some patience. You can always hire these heroes from your guild-mates and use counters when possible.

If you need strategy tips you can always use the Player Advice section from the forum and I am sure many players will help you to make nice counter teams.

kojixahi
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 pm

hengli wrote:
Regarding the new heroes they also end up being released in the game shops, something that many games don't do. If you don't want to wait for the hero to be released you can buy it, if you don't want to buy please have some patience.

1. Some heroes supposedly will never be released - like Ezio and PoP.
2. "you can buy it" is a very unfortunate choice of words when we DO NOT KNOW the price, feels more like helping a nigerian prince than buying something. That's why everyone is up in arms about CS drop rates and not so much about upfront priced events like souls bonus purchases. Sure, they make fun of cosmetic skins "valued at 30$" when they were never sold at that price but no one grabs a pitchfork over it.
3. When there are quite a few really good or even "must have" heroes released at the same time (Ezio, PoP, Ling Ling, Silphy, Goram, Desmond, Orkon, etc) and not available in game shops kills the competitive aspect of the game. The problem is not that they are released ahead of time for a high price but that there are so many and so powerful compared to farmable heroes released at once that the power creep becomes insane.
4. I'd play pokemon if I would want to wait and "collect them all". But wait, unlike pokemon, I need arena currency, epic arena currency and HoL currency to collect them.

PS. Welcome back, we missed you.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:30 pm

kojixahi wrote:
1. Some heroes supposedly will never be released - like Ezio and PoP.

Those are very special cases. Lilith has a contract with Ubisoft to not release them. Every conjuring stone hero is released in shops. Also note that those 2 heroes are not conjuring stone heroes.

3. When there are quite a few really good or even "must have" heroes released at the same time (Ezio, PoP, Ling Ling, Silphy, Goram, Desmond, Orkon, etc) and not available in game shops kills the competitive aspect of the game.

What? Ezio was released in May 2016, PoP was released just now... Ling Ling was released last year. Desmond was released last year too. Sylphi and Goram were released a few months ago, Desmond was released this week.

Also I'd argue about the "must have" part, since the only must have from those is Sylphi. And Desmond is meh.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:18 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
What? Ezio was released in May 2016, PoP was released just now... Ling Ling was released last year. Desmond was released last year too. Sylphi and Goram were released a few months ago, Desmond was released this week..

Ling ling, Goram, Sylphi and desmond are never "released". Unless you are referring conjuring stone as a normal release

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Also I'd argue about the "must have" part, since the only must have from those is Sylphi. And Desmond is meh.

That's just an opinion just like any other players opinion. What you are saying is may be true for your level (100) but this is not going to be the case for every level and every server. At lower levels (especially below lvl 90) where less paying VIPs have to fight these conjuring heroes with non awakened heroes, these conjuring heroes are way more powerful.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk