KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
Ling ling, Goram, Sylphi and desmond are never "released". Unless you are referring conjuring stone as a normal release

That's what I mean, afterall none of them were released in shops yet, so I take it that's what he meant by "released".

HunterXHunter wrote:
That's just an opinion just like any other players opinion. What you are saying is may be true for your level (100) but this is not going to be the case for every level and every server. At lower levels (especially below lvl 90) where less paying VIPs have to fight these conjuring heroes with non awakened heroes, these conjuring heroes are way more powerful.

They may powerful but, so are many other heroes that are already released in shops, and you can use them with more stars too. With the exception of Sylphi for HOL none of these heroes is a *must* have. Well ling ling kinda for HOL too.

kojixahi
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Raids and hol without the "trinity" means 300% less damage - 3 times! That puts them as "must have heroes" in my book. I'm guessing cof with them becomes a joke too. Even in arena with the exception of ling ling they aren't half bad.

Just because ling ling was available as an event in December doesn't mean is "available", one still needs over $150 to summon her too unless dumb luck comes into play.

They cannot be hired reliable because of one mercenary per run and one mercenary from player per day rule. One bad rng locks up one whale's 3-4 mercenaries for a day.

Everybody is talking about arena but arena is not even the main resource target of this game for non-whales. Sure we get crystals but they are enough for daily stamina even from top 20-30 which is easy for an active player. You will be a day or so behind every month, not a big deal! The heroes from arena aren't even that great or many while in hol and raids where is a consistent guild coins bonus based on damage are.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:51 pm

kojixahi wrote:
Raids and hol without the "trinity" means 300% less damage - 3 times! That puts them as "must have heroes" in my book. I'm guessing cof with them becomes a joke too. Even in arena with the exception of ling ling they aren't half bad.

You are exaggerating with the "300%". Maybe on a specific boss, but in general no, it's not true. And you're missing the fact that it is mostly because of Sylphi, she is the one that deals over 80% of the damage on the bosses where this happens... Ling Ling gives you a decent boost and... The 3rd you're talking about is Goram? He is nice indeed, but far from "you *must* have him" to break a HOL record.

It's also interesting to note that these 3 heroes, with the exception of maybe Sylpho, don't even have a spot in a top 5 COF heroes. And the best of the 3 for Arena is Goram.

Clerked
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 pm

feels a little off topic at this point lol you dont NEED any heros to play the game. You can play the game with whatever heros you want. Its your choice to hit the spend button.

Game is not pay to win
[SL]Clerked-

Proud Elder of Souls Legacy. Top Guild on Server 66.

frankyboy
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 am

Clerked, I don't really understand why you say that game is not pay to win. Sure, everyone make their own decision, spend or not. Maybe in lv 100, it does not matter anymore, but in the lower level it makes huge difference. At level 90+, some guys have a score 3M in HOL med 6-7 stars Goram, Ling and Syl. They also dominate in the areas with all the possible heroes fully equipped and enhanced. They buy all the events and everything they need in the shops. When you finally awake a hero, they have already done several. Other guys do not have a chance. I am not complaining, but it is the reality.
Last edited by frankyboy on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:14 am

Hm... interesting observation. Pay to win. To win what?
I would say more appropriate to speak about competitiveness.
Interesting enought that in any hol or arena rank you still getting some reward, and not so low.

If we turn discussion to being top, than yes, bigger wallet is needed. At early levels you just level quicker, get more heroes, equip them quicker, as result get better rewards in competitive events, and as result accumulating your power even more.
On higher levels you may need different heroes to stay competitive as level is out of equation. Sure person with all 7* conjuring stone heroes is in significant advantage.
In arenas you can outsmart him, in HoL unlikely yet, still possible via guild camp.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

What i believe for P2W is that when comparing two players who spend the equal amount of time on the game and does equal amount of research and work equally hard the one who pays is at a significant advantage, the higher the advantage the higher the P2W aspect, as for this game right now i would have to agree that no having Sylphi drops your HOL dmg at a significant 50% and not having Ling Ling further decrease it significantly. while the same can be said for Goram the difference is not very high however it's still very High in Rota and Raid 15+ bosses while Goram users does 25% more damage.

If i were to give a P2W percentage rating to overall current game at Level 80-95 i would say it's about 50% or more.

While this is mostly bad the number of held up heroes are increasing at current it's Ling Ling(S), Mirielle(A), Chrona(A+), Daphne(B+), Sylphi(s+), Goram(S), Desmond(A+), Orkon(?).

The number of bugs are increasing as well, As of now nearly each component of the game have approx 1 or more bugs.

And the degrading quality of customer support is troubling as well, while they are mostly uncontactable it's especially bad for players caught up in entire account bugs.

While all this is true there are various problems with the updates themselves, lately all new features are coming bugged, none of the old troubling bugs are fixed in the updates, the bug fixed no. is mostly 1 per update, and each brings it's own bugs as well, so as of now we are actually going in the negative direction with the bug, the amount of heroes released in updates are low as well, while updates generally contain two new heroes the current rate for hero release is 4 per month.
Last edited by HunterXHunter on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

frankyboy
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 am

ya, Ivanrgs! I understand your point. Still, in my level 90+, there are only VIP 15 player who are dominate in the server. Of course, as you said that I can outsmart those players in areas sometimes, but they bring me back to the same ranking right away. Anyway I am not complaining or criticize Lilith for been greedy. I will do the same if I am in their position. The big wallet makes difference, just like other things in our life. There is one thing for sure, you can still enjoy the game without spending money, if you don't have high ambition with the game. It is my level right now.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

HunterXHunter wrote:
What i believe for P2W is that when comparing two players who spend the equal amount of time on the game and does equal amount of research and work equally hard the one who pays is at a significant advantage, the higher the advantage the higher the P2W aspect, as for this game right now i would have to agree that no having Sylphi drops your HOL dmg at a significant 50% and not having Ling Ling further decrease it significantly. while the same can be said for Goram the difference is not very high however it's still very High in Rota and Raid 15+ bosses while Goram users does 25% more damage.

But if both players are vip the one who pays more has very little advantage. It most surely is noylt proportional to how much you spend. If you use your resources smartly you can spend 200 bucks and be as effective as someone who spent 10.000

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:26 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
But if both players are vip the one who pays more has very little advantage. It most surely is noylt proportional to how much you spend. If you use your resources smartly you can spend 200 bucks and be as effective as someone who spent 10.000

The difference is between those that have CS cards [approx 300$+ per month] and those that have not be they F2P or Monthly Diamond Card buyers.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk