gamemodeaccnt
Squire
Squire

ZEM

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Why Zem skill always got cancel and even his thrid skill rarely to cast in battle? Do zem really weak? Orthey change this heroes attack pattern? Idk can anyone enlighten me LUL haHAA anyways i need someone opinion

Thanks advance... im 12 btw

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Re: ZEM

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Normal skills can get cancelled if the hero takes damage while trying to use a skill.

Zem is not persay a weak hero, however 6 months ago he was great, since then many new heroes have arrived and they're better/different in some ways and they're making Zem obsolete.

Zem is still used for HoL Kong, he is decent in some trash raids but I fear other then that he is not top tier anymore. Probably still a pretty decent tier 2 hero to have though.

toninl
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:43 pm

zem obsolete? I'm level 78, but I'm afraid of him. I don't can't counter him... bah. Same situation I have with taurus... In my opinion zem and taurus are in top 10 heroes, above all in arena def.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Zem is 100% obsolete at max level, and has been for several months. Taurus is still useful but a lot less than before.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:37 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zem is 100% obsolete at max level, and has been for several months. Taurus is still useful but a lot less than before.

this is true. even tho i still use Taurus in COF for his interrupts.

Zem is useless at Orange 2, i don't even use him for COF anymore.

That is quite sad as he used to be a BEAST back in his early days, before all those overpowered and overprized pay to win heroes came into the game. (Goram, Vulko, Petros etc.)
what a waste of money... VIP10, 18 Awakened Heroes and counting

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 am

poisoned wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:

this is true. even tho i still use Taurus in COF for his interrupts.

Zem is useless at Orange 2, i don't even use him for COF anymore.

That is quite sad as he used to be a BEAST back in his early days, before all those overpowered and overprized pay to win heroes came into the game. (Goram, Vulko, Petros etc.)

I don't think it's because of the new heroes, he simply isn't good at O2. He is still a God up to level 90. Btw, he is still useful vs Kong HOL.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:34 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I don't think it's because of the new heroes, he simply isn't good at O2. He is still a God up to level 90. Btw, he is still useful vs Kong HOL.

well, those P2W heroes are the biggest reason i can't use Zem in Arena or COF anymore.

in COF i literally need to burst down all those damned awoken Ezios and POPs and Gorams and Orkans before they get a chance to insta-gib my toons. A Zem simply can't keep up neither in damage output nor in health and protection.
what a waste of money... VIP10, 18 Awakened Heroes and counting

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm

poisoned wrote:
. A Zem simply can't keep up neither in damage output nor in health and protection.

But he can, more than fine, up to level 90, so it really is an issue of him becoming worse at max fusion.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:04 am

The issue is in a combination of things.

Zem is an attrition hero, meaning he will do better in long battles to maximise his damage and healing output. Battles are over in 30 seconds tops so Zem can not get his "engine" running.

Arena and also cof now have heroes that are using high burst damage, Zem can not heal fast enough, Malrath and also Goram have much better healing or absorbtion and goram clones also catch a lot of damage before going "poof".

Zem has no awakening, goram awakening adds surviveability to him.

Zem is a magical hero, magical heroes suffer from not having lifesteal, so when the levels rise so do the stats and with that physical frontliners start to gain amounts of health back that matters. Zem gets huge chunks of health back but as said before... it takes time to get going. That time is not given at top levels because you're fighting people with full academies, good forges, runes and max enchants and whatnot. At lower levels, especially before orange most people do not use enchants. Zem doesn't suffer at lower level because battles last longer and his healing is not tied to his damage.

So basicly the moment endgame is in sight (90+) Zem falls off because people start out maxing their toons and Zem can no longer compete with physical frontliners their lifesteal. Battles are too short for Zem. Damage is not consistent but bursty. Zem does not have an awakening, so against a lot of heroes he also has 1 ability less.

On a sidenote, the existence of Orkon also f***s up Zem, Orkon stealing a Zem is disastrous and will usually in a loss... this however at any level and not just endgame. But at endgame I am pretty sure the appearance rate of Orkons is much higher. Worst case scenario Orkon stealing a Zem that has been lumos-ed.

Basicly Zem needs a good awakening to get back to tier 1, an ultimate that would stagger his damage is what he would need for that comeback.