AmeerAlawy
Squire
Squire

Useless awakening skills

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Hey guys , I want to know your thoughts and ideas about useless awakening abilities , I have PoP 7 stars and I find that’s his awakening ability ( dark prince ) is almost useless because he usually transforms when he is almost dead !!!
I thought it was my problem so I asked many other experienced players about his awakening ability and they told me the same thing , this is really annoying especially for a front line hero :(

This is my first hero , may be there are some others who have useless awakening skills , please share your opinions about other awakened heroes and their awakening abilities ( especially useless ones ) , feel free to comment and thank you .

Respectfully .

Ameer .

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Re: Useless awakening skills

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 am

we talked about some of them here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13735
what a waste of money... VIP10, 18 Awakened Heroes and counting

AmeerAlawy
Squire
Squire

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am

Well ... I understand your point , I saw some useless awakening , but at least there should be few good awakenings , it’s sad to hear that many awakenings are useless . Anyway , thanks for the reply

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:42 pm

oh there are many very great awakenings such as Sylphy, Osiris, Tanja, Vulko, ORkon, Seraphine, tholin, Dokras, Garrick, Octo, Malrath, Nghtshade, Sumiko,Mirielle, Goram, Petros, Ezio...

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:56 pm

tut has got to be the worst?
currently doing volt as i hear his is useful. here's a question for the veterans . the slight advantage that an awakening gives a hero, does the runes now give a non aw hero similar boost? or are runes now a must on an already aw hero?

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:17 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
tut has got to be the worst?
currently doing volt as i hear his is useful. here's a question for the veterans . the slight advantage that an awakening gives a hero, does the runes now give a non aw hero similar boost? or are runes now a must on an already aw hero?

3 precious runes do give a very considerable advantage. Also keep in mind that the advantage an awakening gives is not slight! Let's see:
1 extra item that is more powerful than a O2 red item
+600 extra stats at max forge bonus (this takes time to get, but +300 should be fast enough)
+3 extra stat bonuses when you reach all bonus threshold. The 3rd bonus is usually pretty decent, like +150 physical armor
The awakening skill itself.
And now the runestones too...

When you add everything together, the best awakened heroes have a very significant advantage over non awakened heroes. There are still non-awakened heroes that are useful for arena/epic arena, but they are starting to get rare nowadays, most are useful because they bring a particular skillset that no other hero has and are good to counter certain formations. IMO the most notable exception is Hurok, not only is he universally good against everything you can put against him in arena, he is also almost mandatory in top teams.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:54 pm

but only a few have Hurok at more than 3 stars. (same as Goram, Orkon, Vulko... even Sylphy)

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:12 pm

poisoned wrote:
but only a few have Hurok at more than 3 stars. (same as Goram, Orkon, Vulko... even Sylphy)

He is a perfectly fine hero at 3*