epicwolf
Squire
Squire

COF is useless now...

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am

Crucible of Fire is useless now...no good items found in chest,no more Hero Cards in it...no more excitement about COF now... totally waste of time...i was very excited for daily COF task...but now Lilith Games spoiled all the fun...i am very disappointed about that...& i know other hunters also feel the same... :(

Nady
Baron
Baron

Re: COF is useless now...

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm

I didnt got your point. I weekly got 2-3 random cards. Last run I was really lucky with item drops. 5-6 purple items, not grey. Always got some SS in runs. Cof is mainly the gold & dragon scale & crap items for enchant for me. Other like Cards are just cherry on the top. I can do one run per day, but that take less than 7 minute. Thats not a big time for that amount of gold.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Well to be honest I think you both have a few valid points.

When you look at how CoF works and the rewards that you get for clearing a stage 2 things become clear.

1: The gold reward is fairly decent compared your player level.
2: The item rewards are completely random and have a huge variance.

It is possible to get a single grey item from stage 14 and get a random hero card from stage 3, this also means that the rewards are not really on par with the level of content that you're beating.

I personally think that CoF needs an overhaul, the item rewards should have less variance built into them, I do however think that the gold that is awarded is fairly decent, however at level 100 it vaporises fast :) .

As an example I decdided to calculate the gold rewards from 1 run today and came out to be 1.775.500 million gold (rounded down) for a level 100 that is gone very fast, however it is still a decent amount.

When it comes to the item rewards I think it is safe to say that we could use a better system. The system should take player level into account and then give out rewards based on that. Now I don't need/want cof to be givig out purples/oranges left and right. But I think it would not hurt for the possibility to discover fragments.

It is much more satisfying to see 3 fragments for let's say a Lost epic then it is to see a random blue item. Or when you're around level 64 orso to see a few fragments for a sage wand pop up from a random stage.

But most people see cof as "free" gold and vip10 basicly add 3.5m per day to their accounts and they're happy with that and everything else is considered icing on the cake.

I wouldn't say that changing CoF should be a huge priority though.

Reggelt
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah i hate the random gifts!
Those who get so often heroes are lucky i get one usually trash hero in every 2 or 3 weeks! Sometimes I get purple items but that's rare mostly i got nothing good just trash and gold.
I few days ago i got slim some 2 weeks ago wraxius :cry:
Luck is too important in this game!

Dazz
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 am

The gold is really nice, outside of Mines it's the only good gold income in the game. That being said, the items are terrible, I think Lilith doesn't want them to be good because they are full items. Would be better if instead of greys we would get purple+ fragments. Maybe Orange Fragments after Realm has been finished on the server. I think getting 3 exp vials is the biggest insult though.

Could also tier the rewards. First 5 stages give grey and blue with rare chance of getting a small amount ss, mid 5 blue and purple fragments with rare chance of getting an average amount of ss, last 5 with purple and orange fragments with common chance of getting an average amount of ss, with 15 being either a full item or a card. Might be too good though.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 pm

terrible, terrible, terrible rewards for way to much time investment to complete it due to way to many paytowin heroes in the enemy teams.

even worse while doing two COFs and still only getting grey items.

can't be bothered to finish COF daily anymore.
what a waste of money... VIP10, 18 Awakened Heroes and counting

epicwolf
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 am

No Hero Card in these 30 days... Feel so bad... :(

decado
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:55 am

I do share some of the complaints - like getting 3 exp vials for completing CoF, infuriating... but on the other hand, if you are lucky, the rewards can be very nice. Example given: I got Orkon & Goram cards out of CoF, got orange item once or twice (and it wasn't x3 even though it was a final reward), also many useful purples.
What I am truly missing is that the loot is defined by player level (and if it is now, it should be improved considerably). Like it was mentioned, it would be much more rewarding if instead of common items, we would be rewarded with at least fragments of purple/orange items (depending on our level).
Gold is very nice and is the main reason why I keep completing CoF.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 pm

COF keeps my gold levels up. That's mainly why I do it. It's also a good time waster between arena battles.
Never bite the hand that feeds you

decado
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am

Well, I have to take back 50% of what I said (complaint) about CoF - new feature of lowering difficulty plus more generous rewards did the trick in the last update. I think there is also more gold as long as you stay on the high difficulty level. Still a lot of crappy items but nice improvement nonetheless - thank you for listening Lilith.