Emp
Squire
Squire

Losing interest?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 am

Dear all,

I've been playing Soul Hunters as a non-paying player. It's been fun, but I feel I am about to resign. Here's some thoughts.

I've observed an increasing difference between paying and non-paying players. When the game was in its early days, you stood at least some chance playing with no monetary investments, slaying paying players by simply using better strategies and inventing new ones. Nowadays, you will lose everytime, and this hardly has anything to do with strategy (you will find no diversity between opponent teams anyways). Nothing you can do. Don't get me wrong: I fully understand that paying players should reap their benefits, but I feel this is now resulting in shifting soul hunters towards a "highest bidder's" game... in the end a proven non-sustainable business strategy.

Server mergings are game killers. On some server, I was once one of the top players, but the first merge dropped me out of the top 300, and when I recovered finally to some extent, a second merged did the same. After this, the best I could achieve was somewhere around top 100. This is really spoiling - no: destroying - the fun.

So-called "game improvements" such as the heroic academy talents, hero forge and runestones do not really add to the game, as far as I am concerned. They tend to just make the game more tedious and thwart any strategic considerations.

New heroes often make older heroes obsolete. True: attempts to counter this by introducing several hero awakenings have brought a mild relief, but it is almost negligible. The message is simple: lilith wants you to invest (heavily) into the new heroes.

It is all fine with me, but I am leaving. And I think this sends a message. For a few years, I was a loyal and dedicated player of this game, and although I haven't paid for anything, games like Soul Hunters rely on "fish" like me, to keep paying players content. From an ecological perspective: to keep the community alive, you need to invest into all ecological levels. This is what lilith is forgetting about... but I am aware this is just my opinion amongst thousands.

Any Thoughts?

Cheers, Emp

Dazz
Squire
Squire

Re: Losing interest?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 am

The biggest balance issue that I see constantly is that the stats on newer heroes are much higher than older heroes. This is why just giving heroes new awakening, or literally buffing their skills damage by 100% doesn't do enough.

Let's compare Goram and Salus, Front Line "Dps" to Elric and Vincent, Front Line "Tanks". Lets start with Health

Vincent is currently lowest followed by Goram, then Salus, then Elric. Elric has always been known to have a lot of health and is honestly a great meat shield, so this is expected. Vincent can heal himself through his so this kind of supplements his health, but then again so can Goram and Salus through having really strong physical damage and lifesteal.

Armor and Magic Armor. As far as Armor goes Vincent has the Least, followed by Elric, then Goram, then Salus with the most. Vincent is pretty understandable, he is a magic soaking tank. He honestly would benefit a lot from being moved back, still being a front line tank, but towards the back.
The question is why does Elric have less Armor than Goram, hell, why does Salus at 5 stars have more armor than Elric at 7? Then we look at magic armor and see that Elric is the lowest, followed by Goram, then Salus, then Vincent. Once again Vincent is a magic soaking tank and that's his strong point, but why does Salus and Goram have more than Elric?

So Goram and Salus are comparatively as tanky as Elric, health does a bit more than Armor and Magic armor due to the 50% buff in Arenas, but the kicker is they do much more damage than him, like multiples more. Until f2p heroes get stat boost, or Lilith stops this massive power creep f2p players are going to get shafted. Also, just compare Petros to Elric to see where pure tanks lie in comparison. I only said that dps are as tanky as tanks, now see how tanky real tanks are.

I'm sorry, something you said triggered my rant. Out of curiosity, you said you were 100% f2p, did you by chance not even pay $3 a month for the monthly?

Emp
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 am

HI Dazz,

Just to quench your curiosity: I indeed never paid 3 dollars for the monthly. It is not because I wouldn't want to spend money for something others (programmers) have worked so hard for. In this particular case, it's just the sport. As for computer games: either I go full monty and buy a game with all the expansions and then some, or I like to see how far I can really get spending absolutely zero. Soul Hunters, apparently, is of the last sort to me.

Just to be clear: I am not angry or disappointed. How could I be after having played this game for two years for free? It is just like, well, I have been losing my interest, and I am quite sure that I am not the only one. The reasons may be valuable for lilith to know, so I put them down. ...meanwhile I am quite aware that lilith might not be interested at all, but you never know.

Cheers,
Emp

Nady
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am

Why so hard to believe that there are players who not buying diamonds monthly cards etc... I didnt buy any diamonds or monthly card also. I can understand why he feels this game is frustating. Seems like they want to suck everyones money as fast as possible before they shutdown the game caused by lost intereset of players.

Shri879
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Well...I started this game recently..almost about just 3 months ago. Within 3 months only I'm losing interest...I'm also a complete F2P player. When I started the game was much more balanced. Now that became hell. I never won against hurok and goram team. And also those paid heroes from ubi do decent damage. Upon that skins make more powerful who pay for them. Then what the hell F2P players have to do to get skins? Many players play it jus for fun and spending is highly imlosdible for them due to not inteested to soend hard earned or due to difference in exchsnge rate.

For ex For $1 In our currency it is almost 65 bucks. Then to buy $99 item...would end up with 7k bucks..whose gonna pay like that?

Still I'm playing coz atleast I hot very few decent heroes like sylphy, salus etc. But may gonna stop if it becomes worse than now. Thinking to play upto lvl 90.

Zieppi
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Dude to get level 100 by playing for free, you need about a year. Think about it.
On the subject... Servers are dying... People are leaving by the dozens. To replace them takes a lot of time.
3 top guilds on my server do 80-100 thousand points for 3 days. They are looking for players every day!
My friend plays 2 years for free, He has all the characters. Even free players have nothing to do. When he leaves I'm afraid I will go too...
The game will be over soon. I'm sure.
P.S. KemosabeTBC never write in these topics

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Zieppi wrote:

I write all the time with my opinion, but then people say that it is not my opinion and I'm a "fanboy", so it's probably better if I don't write anymore.

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Lilithgames:
Hello. Dear hunter, in fact many players didn't pay any money and got a good score. They play it everyday and devote to it. We will try to balance the game and make every player to enjoy the game. Hope you can continue to enjoy the game.

My answer: No, I do not enjoy it anymore, and I also don't trust your greedy scammy company anymore.

I remember when some of us got really angry when they released the first paid skin, Firehawk's, then we calmed down because we realized it was an off-meta hero and the skill didn't make a big difference. That was their tactic, first to get us used to the idea of paid skins and how harmless they were. Guess what, a few months later they have released skins for Sarya, Magnus, Salus (read that shit and tell me it will be useless), Garrick, Nightshade (biggest stab in the back, heh). And the worst part is now it's common to see commentaries of people saying: "she's bad but with her skin she's OP", "nice hero, skin makes it better", "yea, definitely get that skin", "I'd make that hero good again by adding a new skin-skill". So not only they have continued adding paid skills disregarding all the complaints, they have done so on some of the strongest heroes with skins that do make a difference. While they did this we were already so numb to their p2w tactics that no one says a thing anymore and ppl consider it normal. Notice how some of the latest heroes don't have star dependent skills? Well their stats grow much faster than old heroes, so more stars is a bigger advantage than ever ending up the same.
In conclusion I also don't play anymore but still get my blood boiling when I see what they do with the game since I liked it so much. I wished these mobile companies learned that communication and transparency is better and can make a game last much longer, but for now it's clear all they want is short term profit.

Zieppi
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zieppi wrote:

I write all the time with my opinion, but then people say that it is not my opinion and I'm a "fanboy", so it's probably better if I don't write anymore.

Hehe, you understood me correctly).
P.S. Do you like what is happening now? We don't even know what a patch was released...

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Zieppi wrote:
P.S. Do you like what is happening now? We don't even know what a patch was released...

No, but that doesn't mean that every single negative criticism is warranted, some are warranted, some are exaggerated.
About the patch notes, Henry is on vacation that's probably why nothing was posted, but there should be someone else available for that.