poisoned
Baron
Baron

That horrible Cara awakening.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:21 pm

As if having some 7-10 overpowered Heroes being Pay to have exclusive and non farmable wouldn't be bad enough. (see Petros destroying entire teams by himself)

As if Namtar, Ezio, PoP and Rayman dodging for half of the battle, so that Awakened Dokras can super multiple times wouldn't be bad enough. (at least one can burst them down right at the start of the fight)

As if even when getting those heroes somehow on 3 stars and then sitting on them for half a year wasn't bad enough.

Nowadays it seems like every single COF group consists of Awakened Cara and Awakened Dokras.

Cara won't die due to her 5 seconds of sleeping .. stalling the fight needlessly and in the meantime Dokras Supers without anyone being able to interrupt him.

So completing COF daily has become even more of a chore than it was before.

I am so done with this game.
what a waste of money... VIP10, 18 Awakened Heroes and counting

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: That horrible Cara awakening.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:43 pm

You will rarely see any dokras in COF nowadays, since he kinda sucks no one is using him in arena.
In any case Dokras+Cara is hardly a problem in COF. There are so many ways to deal with it. Try ling ling for instance.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 pm

uhm... in my cof runs I have not seen a single Dokras in ages and I also do not see the combo cara/dokras.

I do start to see some more aw cara's and I make sure my vulko surivives (or any team member) by locking her down with Hurok. But after she awakens from sleep any silence will do.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 pm

poisoned wrote:
Nowadays it seems like every single COF group consists of Awakened Cara and Awakened Dokras.
So completing COF daily has become even more of a chore than it was before.
I am so done with this game.

It is good that you should quit since it is causing you such anguish. This game will always introduce new heroes and wrinkles that need to be dealt with. For me, Vulko is a real problem at L100, fully HA with max runestones.

You do not mention your level, but even so, Cara and Dokras awakened are minor problems, especially in CoF when you can restart AND fully charge a collection of heroes in the first few stages for use when you need them. It is obvious that you rather cruise through all 15 stages of CoF and hate it if a challenge is presented. Too bad as I prefer the occasional challenge where I have to struggle to complete it -- the game gets boring if I roll through it every time... then I am just going through the motions.

One other solution is to ask for suggestions rather than declare that you are quitting. I use Radulf or Nilya for Dokras in CoF - he goes down before his ult does damage if I anticipate his appearance when the other four go down.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
You will rarely see any dokras in COF nowadays

wtf?!?
Yes I do! Otherwise i wouldn't have felt the urge to come here and post this rant.

ashOck wrote:
It is good that you should quit since it is causing you such anguish....

You do not mention your level... It is obvious that you rather cruise through all 15 stages of CoF and hate it if a challenge is presented.

One other solution is to ask for suggestions rather than declare that you are quitting. I use Radulf or Nilya for Dokras in CoF - he goes down before his ult does damage if I anticipate his appearance when the other four go down.

Yes i already reduced my soulhunters playtime from multiple times per day to every other day.
Right there written in my signature you can see that i have 18 Awakened heroes. That would explain my lvl.
Of course i don't like to spend an entire hour only to fight through COF every single day. It's already aggravating enough to run into overpowered Petros, Ezio, Goram Squads in the later stage.

Now having to deal right from the start of COF with awakened sleeping Cara delaying Dokras from entering the screen (that's why i can't silence him) so that he can super, right before i kill them both and stand there with an entire group of half dead heroes is just the last drop that spilled the keg for me.

I am no low level noob either. Sitting in top 10 - top 30 in PVP since a year and 7th-15th place in HOL.

or rather i was. because I rather spend my time punching myself in the groin repeatedly than doing COF.

ultramage
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:49 am

CoF blows, it's too much of a time sink to do seriously. You can prepare ult gauges of backup heroes on early nodes, filling them and rotating them out until things get too real. You can also (ab)use the 'abort battle' menu option, which will give you infinite free retries as long as you do it before the fight ends, to get the best outcome on each fight and back out of any mistakes.

But it's still not worth it to me; I just run my main team on auto until they start dying, I swap in 1 or 2 more chars to keep going until the next purple box, and stop. That's usually node 9, sometimes 12, sometimes 6.

poisoned
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Well, I wrote my guild that i have stopped playing.

spas2k
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Easiest way to do it is to skip the tank and just use heroes with big ults and blow up the opposing team before Dokras gets his ult off.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm

spas2k wrote:
Easiest way to do it is to skip the tank and just use heroes with big ults and blow up the opposing team before Dokras gets his ult off.

Or use ling ling to absorb the ult.
Or use heroes that don't die and get full health when the fight is over (sylphi, malrath, etc).

There are many ways to survive dokras ult without casualties.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:02 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
spas2k wrote:

Or use ling ling to absorb the ult.
Or use heroes that don't die and get full health when the fight is over (sylphi, malrath, etc).

There are many ways to survive dokras ult without casualties.

It is apparent that OP is not really interested in doing anything but whining and venting since in his three posts, he mentions that he is quitting or cutting back. Oh, and having 18 awakened heroes in his signature is supposed to inform us what level he is along with the VIP 10.

It is apparent that his gameplay skills are lacking since he won't try the suggestions that others have made and rather punch himself in the groin repeatedly rather than take his awakened and purchased heroes and learn to use them successfully.