KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: The problem about SS

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:52 am

SHFerret wrote:
No. There isn't. I'd be amazed if I could compile a list of even a single dozen of non-P2W heroes in the top 100 arena teams. There's a tiny handful that are actually good at all, and a few others that are mildly useful when paired with broken as hell PAY 2 WIN heroes like petros or goram that just solo the entire enemy team anyway.

Do you want me to count every single good hero in the game? OK. Let's see

Good P2W heroes (15):
PoP
Rayman
Goram
Adeline
Chrona
Desmond
Embrael
Ezio
Morfir
Mazir
Sylphi
Salus
Sarya
Tsuki
Tut

Good F2P heroes: (19). There are a lot more usable heroes but I'll list only the ones that can be consistently used in competitive teams, and they *can* be used in very competitive teams regardless of you seeing them in your server or not, and I'm not talking about top 100, I'm talking much higher than that, and many of these, if not all, can be used for top 5. If you wanna talk "top 100" then I can add another 20 or so heroes to this list, easily.
Mirielle
Avior
Cara
Daphne
Driller
Kong
Mog
Lumos
Nightshade
Nylia
Sagar
Solomon
Tanya
Serafine
Tareth
Tashi
Taurus
Valan
Volt

Absolutely great P2W heroes (5)
Petros
Orkon
Vulko
Hurok
Magnus

Absolutely great F2P heroes (3)
Garrick
Malrath
Octo

Of all these I'd say the only hero that is really broken is petros.

Mediocre? How? Because they've released even MORE overpowered pay 2 win heroes since she was released? She's still an unkillable hero that soloes teams if she gets her ult off. But... I guess she's "mediocre" because she can get mowed down by vulko or one-shotted by goram before she can stack her ridiculous passive?

She *is* mediocre in arena right now. She is killed by pretty much everything in arena nowadays, *everything *! If you think otherwise you are probably in a somewhat recent server, not yet lvl 100 or where people haven't maxed a lot of heroes yet. I still put her in the good P2W arena heroes list because she can win a fight alone if allowed to stack her ult, but make no mistake this happens very, very rarely and she can be countered by just about any normal team consisting of either p2w or f2p heroes. She can also used be used effectively in some combo magic teams but that is very easily counterable. That brings us to Goram too, 1 shot sylphi? lol. Goram is another one of those heroes that is quickly becoming "meh" for arena, I even stopped using him in epic arena due to him being so easily countered nowadays. No one in the top 10 in either epic or normal arena uses sylphi and no one in the top 10 normal arena uses Goram, he is still used in Epic but far from the powerhouse he once was.

And honestly if you want to defend the awful balance of this game while it sits at 2 star ratings because of it, then go right ahead but I don't think you're doing Soul Hunters any favors.

I never said anything about the game being well balanced, the balance is horrible. But that doesn't meant that the amount of good F2P heroes doesn't currently surpass the amount of good P2W heroes, it certainly does. And let's not even get started with HOL/Raids nowadays with Vernos, Osiris, Ling, Garrick and sumiko being absolutely mandatory.

Zeph
Squire
Squire

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:57 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
SHFerret wrote:
No. There isn't. I'd be amazed if I could compile a list of even a single dozen of non-P2W heroes in the top 100 arena teams. There's a tiny handful that are actually good at all, and a few others that are mildly useful when paired with broken as hell PAY 2 WIN heroes like petros or goram that just solo the entire enemy team anyway.

Do you want me to count every single good hero in the game? OK. Let's see

Good P2W heroes (16):
PoP
Rayman
Goram
Adeline
Chrona
Desmond
Embrael
Ezio
Mog
Morfir
Mazir
Sylphi
Salus
Sarya
Tsuki
Tut

Good F2P heroes: (18). There are a lot more usable heroes but I'll list only the ones that can be consistently used in competitive teams, and they *can* be used in very competitive teams regardless of you seeing them in your server or not, and I'm not talking about top 100, I'm talking much higher than that, and many of these, if not all, can be used for top 5. If you wanna talk "top 100" then I can add another 20 or so heroes to this list, easily.
Mirielle
Avior
Cara
Daphne
Driller
Kong
Lumos
Nightshade
Nylia
Sagar
Solomon
Tanya
Serafine
Tareth
Tashi
Taurus
Valan
Volt

Absolutely great P2W heroes (5)
Petros
Orkon
Vulko
Hurok
Magnus

Absolutely great F2P heroes (3)
Garrick
Malrath
Octo

Of all these I'd say the only hero that is really broken is petros.

Mediocre? How? Because they've released even MORE overpowered pay 2 win heroes since she was released? She's still an unkillable hero that soloes teams if she gets her ult off. But... I guess she's "mediocre" because she can get mowed down by vulko or one-shotted by goram before she can stack her ridiculous passive?

She *is* mediocre in arena right now. She is killed by pretty much everything in arena nowadays, *everything *! If you think otherwise you are probably in a somewhat recent server, not yet lvl 100 or where people haven't maxed a lot of heroes yet. I still put her in the good P2W arena heroes list because she can win a fight alone if allowed to stack her ult, but make no mistake this happens very, very rarely and she can be countered by just about any normal team consisting of either p2w or f2p heroes. She can also used be used effectively in some combo magic teams but that is very easily counterable. That brings us to Goram too, 1 shot sylphi? lol. Goram is another one of those heroes that is quickly becoming "meh" for arena, I even stopped using him in epic arena due to him being so easily countered nowadays. No one in the top 10 in either epic or normal arena uses sylphi and no one in the top 10 normal arena uses Goram, he is still used in Epic but far from the powerhouse he once was.

And honestly if you want to defend the awful balance of this game while it sits at 2 star ratings because of it, then go right ahead but I don't think you're doing Soul Hunters any favors.

I never said anything about the game being well balanced, the balance is horrible. But that doesn't meant that the amount of good F2P heroes doesn't currently surpass the amount of good P2W heroes, it certainly does. And let's not even get started with HOL/Raids nowadays with Vernos, Osiris, Ling, Garrick and sumiko being absolutely mandatory.

Did you really just leave out Zem?
But yea, although you do have a point, the game needs to be balanced

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:39 am

Zeph wrote:
Did you really just leave out Zem?
But yea, although you do have a point, the game needs to be balanced

Before the awakening, totally, he was unusable in arena at level 100. I'm hearing good reports after the awakening, but I haven't experienced it myself.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Baron
Baron

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

great list and post. everybody should use that list. is mog not f2p though?

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
great list and post. everybody should use that list. is mog not f2p though?

Yeah, he is, I fixed it.

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Before the awakening, totally, he was unusable in arena at level 100. I'm hearing good reports after the awakening, but I haven't experienced it myself.

I awakened Zem but I'm still afraid to give him items and runes, one of the problems I see is that his zombies miss quite a lot.

Kate4ever
Knight
Knight

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Mazir is too weak and ult takes too long to even be affective. I wouldn't even have him on the list lol

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Kate4ever wrote:
Mazir is too weak and ult takes too long to even be affective. I wouldn't even have him on the list lol

It depends on who you're facing, but his ult is very strong and is capable of wiping entire teams at once.

Kate4ever
Knight
Knight

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:56 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Kate4ever wrote:

Yes his ult is very strong if he manage to release it. But than again he Release it so late when everyone is already at low hp and about to die. All he did was shorten those lives a few sec early but t he game itself is almost already predicted.
Btw Kemosabe whats a good team with Mazir and is there anyway i can make him ult faster? Advice if you have.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Kate4ever wrote:
Btw Kemosabe whats a good team with Mazir and is there anyway i can make him ult faster? Advice if you have.

Dunno, I don't have him. But I have faced some strong teams with mazir.