norble
Baron
Baron

Zem awakening ability

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 am

I awakened Zem today, got him all equipped, enchanted and maxed on ability. I'm having a hard time seeing the "effect" of his new slowing ability. Anyone else notice this? The description is so vague that I'm not sure if every attack slows, if only some attacks slow, if it's only after he ults....and I can't see any obvious indicator of the slow (like the blue color that victims of cold based characters turn when they're slowed). Can anyone let me know what I'm missing? Thanks

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Re: Zem awakening ability

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm

You can see the word Slow above the enemy's head, but it doesn't trigger that often because Zem and his zombies miss a looot of hits, I'm not sure if his magical attacks trigger the effect too... And I think it only slows attack speed not movement.

Kate4ever
Baron
Baron

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 pm

I think it only slow regular attacks, spells and movement is still in effect. So only front line would effected. But still zems zombies gives them all energy to activates skills lol

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Kate4ever wrote:
I think it only slow regular attacks, spells and movement is still in effect. So only front line would effected. But still zems zombies gives them all energy to activates skills lol

When you slow regular attacks everything is slowed, because spells/abilities can only be activated after the previous attacks are finished.

norble
Baron
Baron

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks for the input, all. I ran him solo through a stage of Chp 14 and did indeed finally catch the "SLOW" that groco mentioned. Not quite the revival I was hoping for with poor Zem. Oh well, at least he gets a nice boost from his signature item...

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

I think most of us agree the skill isn't all we expected, and the description feels misleading because I'm almost certain only Zem's physical attacks trigger slowdown and that excludes his undodgeable magic aoe attacks. I specially don't like the accuracy of the zombies, is there a way to increase it? Summon level maybe? Hit ratio in runes and academy?

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Grocoloco wrote:
I think most of us agree the skill isn't all we expected, and the description feels misleading because I'm almost certain only Zem's physical attacks trigger slowdown and that excludes his undodgeable magic aoe attacks. I specially don't like the accuracy of the zombies, is there a way to increase it? Summon level maybe? Hit ratio in runes and academy?

IMO his ability is ok. I'm more dissapointed with his (lack of) survivability than anything else. He still dies fast.

cnlew
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:54 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Grocoloco wrote:

IMO his ability is ok. I'm more dissapointed with his (lack of) survivability than anything else. He still dies fast.

1: zem has much better survivability than some of the other tanks i see commonly used ie elric.
2: pair him with sumikos mystery of the serpent and he is damn near unkillable.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 am

cnlew wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
Grocoloco wrote:

1: zem has much better survivability than some of the other tanks i see commonly used ie elric.

You must not be playing at max level. Zem has very low survivability compared to any of the best tanks: Petros, Goram, Mirielle, Octo, Driller,etc.

PS: Elric commonly used wth? I haven't seen anyone use Elric in over a year. That's not to say that Elric has lower survivability than Zem, he really doesn't, Elric has the highest HP in the game and is quite the durable tank. But he does absolutely nothing, no damage, no utility, nothing, that's why no one uses him.

cnlew
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
cnlew wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:

You must not be playing at max level. Zem has very low survivability compared to any of the best tanks: Petros, Goram, Mirielle, Octo, Driller,etc.

PS: Elric commonly used wth? I haven't seen anyone use Elric in over a year. That's not to say that Elric has lower survivability than Zem, he really doesn't, Elric has the highest HP in the game and is quite the durable tank. But he does absolutely nothing, no damage, no utility, nothing, that's why no one uses him.

level 99
on my server seems every other team seem to use around the 400s
elric high health means jack when he's take 10k per hit or 30k from my osiris
dont have petros
mirielle a tank? how