Awakened Valan VS Awakened Aldred

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm

What is your choice?

Kate4ever
Baron
Baron

Re: Awakened Valan VS Awakened Aldred

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Hes too new to know how well he will be played and how well he work with different teams setup. I think his ability looks great but his ult took forever to build up which is a minus. Maybe when I get him to 02 it will be different. As for now I vote is on Valan.

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:45 pm

I have both awakened and fully maxed out in every way. Well, except for aldred forge cause it's to early to finish that quite yet. I awakened aldred this morning. To be honest I am very disappointed in aldred. His abilities seem great on paper but once put into action he is a total failure. I completely regret spending the diamonds I spent to get him and the resources I wasted putting into him. I've run 20+ arena fights with him so far today and he SUCKS!!! I'll take my valan over him each and every time. Do as you wish but I highly suggest not wasting your resources on this hero. He is not worth anything
I could go for a Cheese Burger right about now.... Just sayin

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

You got him to 7 stars from just the boxed event? :o

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Yes. I usually always get the boxed event heroes to 7* very rarely that I don't. Conjuring stone heroes I usually try for 5*. Aldred cost me right around 18k in diamonds to 7*. However I have to take back my previous post about him sucking lol. I was looking at him all wrong and didn't really have a full understand of just exactly what he does. Now that I am a little more clear on his abilities and use I will bring my opinion on him from sucking to moderate. Although I will also still say more testing is still needed. At this point I will still take my valan over aldred every time.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:06 pm

You are fortunate to get him to seven stars w 18k diamonds. I went for five stars and it cost me 15k.

I like Allred at 5 stars better than Valan at 6 stars. His initial ability does about the same as Valan... keeps the team from suffering damage in the initial wave of attacks. But then he can protect individual magic users enough for them to get their ult off, which is a key element to being successful. Some of it is due to shielding but some also to "healing". He is most effective when teamed with magic heroes and may be key to restoring a balance between magic and physical team configurations.

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 pm

It's all about user preference I guess. In my opinion and in game play my 7* and fully maxed awakened valan is incredibly more durable than aldred. Hell, 80% of my defensive battles with valan end in timeouts because my opponents can't kill valan. Usually still have at least half his max health when the time runs up. It's amazing. However you are correct about the magic hero statement and that is why I retracted my statement of aldred sucking to being moderate and usable is simply because I paired him with my 7* alecia and his ability allows her to almost always get her ult off now and its pretty much game over after that for my opponent. Which I agree is very nice. But, I still notice my win rate on the defense is considerably higher (top 5 player on the server) when I have my valan in my setup. Just earlier today I had a battle where my valan took 2 ultimates right to the face by a 7* Batman fully ruined with a purple pet and also 1 7* fully ruined cara ultimate and still had half his max health left. Thats insane. Yesterday he was the last hero I had in a battle and he took 1 batman ultimate, 1 cara ultimate and 1 vulko ultimate focused all directly on him, all of them 7* and he stood there and took it like a champ and still had over half his max health left. Both battles I won because valan is just a super beast lol. I am very impressed with valan durability. His ability to soak up damage is legit matched by none, not even close by any.

P.s. yes I was very lucky to 7* aldred for 18k diamonds. Usually takes me around 20-22k to 7* ancient chest heroes. I pulled his card 3x in a single 10 pull on one of them and 2x on at least 5 or 6 of them.

Ergonomics
Squire
Squire

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 am

What if you put Valan & Aldred together into defense team?
I am looking for the defense team, which can win on time out

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

A good timeout team that a couple top players on my server have run recently with good results has been this team.
-Valan - awakened (damage absorber)
-Petros - awakened (damage absorber and damage dealer)
-Batman - awakened (damage dealer non abosrbing, used to eliminate some of the opponents heroes so your not taking damage from all 5 enemy units the whole battle)
-Rayman - awakened (damage absorber and decent damage output, crowd control and great dodge, extra life ability)
last spot has been user preference. I've seen these with success:
-Cara - awakened (damage dealer and hero eliminator, extra life)
-Orkon- awakened (damage absorber with good damage output, control ability taking control of enemy hero and either eliminating it or stalling with it) *probably the best choice here
-Mirielle - awakened (lovely lovely tank at high stars with max health levels that rival petros if done correctly, mine has 87k health while my petros has 90k, great damage absorber and also decent damage output)
-Ezio- awakened (good damage dealer while also being very tricky to deal with because of his extremely high dodge and one of his abilities allowing him to soak up quite a bit of time hitting each enemy hero on the field while avoiding any damage)

All these heroes however in this stall team I've seen used with success were 7* Or at least 6* (maybe only 1 or 2 that weren't 7*) they were fully equipped with precious runes, academy and forge completed and had purple pets for the majority. I Am not certain of success rates without these standards. Although I wouldn't doubt in the lower ranks this stall team is still quite successful even without the heroes being 110% completely maxed.

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 pm

To answer your question about aldred however this is him in a nutshell through my experience.
1) even at 7* maxed out he still seems to be a bit squishy for some reason, especially for a front line tank
2) his shield and wall ability seems to take half the battle to accomplish actually getting. He is incredibly slow with it and by the time you actually get it (if ever) dive heroes have already jumped to your back line and done their job.
3) he's has literally no damage output what so ever and for as squishy as he is for a tank right now youd atleast want something else from him in return.
4) his ability to jump to and protect your magic dps hero in need can be nice, however, this reverts back to problem 1 with inability is absorb damage properly. He ends up dying off quickly and your magic hero follows with him. Giving your opponent a two for one, a twofer if you will lol.

All in all... aldred is not the "great protector" or cunning edge tank we were all expecting or hoping him to be. Do not get me wrong, maybe 1 out of 10 fights he actually performs the way we'd all hope but that is no where near consistent enough to make him worth running as your main tank.

Final opinion: FAIL.... LILITH PLEASE RE-WORK THIS HERO!!!