REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Arena time limit

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Who also agrees with me that the arena time limit should be extended? I've been talking with lilith a lot on this matter and was told if i can get a general consensus of the players on this matter that want it changed they will do something about it. On my server no joke or exaggeration about 90% of the top 10 player arena fights are ending in time outs and its causing a lot of aggravation amongst players. I've been keeping track of my offense and defensive battles and for me alone 41 of my last 48 arena fights have ended in time outs. That's is crazy absurd and lame. I strongly feel like they should raise the time limit by another minute and a half and if they can't do that for us then at least give us another 30 seconds. Between ultimate animations and the 8 second delay at the beginning of each battle we are left with about 35-40 seconds of actual battle.

P.s. I actually think each arena battle should go until one team is left standing. Total elimination. I understand however they probably won't be down with that idea.
I could go for a Cheese Burger right about now.... Just sayin

Slyrk
Knight
Knight

Re: Arena time limit

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 am

Personally, I like the idea that you have stalling teams as additional option for defense. This creates asymmetric fights where the attacker needs to be creative to get the upper hand. In our server, everybody attacks and defends with the same OP heroes and that's quite a shame. Just curious, what teams is your server running?

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 am

I am currently in number one spot with this team:
7* Batman - academy and forge done, mika purple pet and full precious rune set up
7* petros - academy and forge done, mika purple pet and full precious rune set up
7* valan - academy done and forge almost done, mika purple pet and full precious rune set up
7* alecia - academy done and forge almost done, Jack o lantern purple pet and full precious rune set up
6* mirah - academy and forge done, Emerson purple pet and full precious rune set up.

Although depending on situations I do swap in and out my alecia and mirah for other heroes. Batman, petros and valan always stay though for 99.9% of the battles. Valans spot is permanently there on defense until the Batman situation is nerfed (if ever) lol and you'll read why later in post.

As of right now. The top 10 teams on my server mainly consist of these heroes in different combinations.
Batman, petros, valan, cara, Adeline, morfir, rayman, mirah, hurok

With the occasional splash and very limited showings of:
Vulko, Orkon, mechana, alecia, elador

The top 5 teams all have these 3 heroes in them:
Batman, petros, valan.

Valan is in now to soak up the Batman ultimates. A 7* awakened and fully maxed valan can take up to 5 or 6 fully maxed 7* Batman ultimates in a single battle and survive no problem. It's impressive to say least. My valan took 2 Batman and 2 cara ultimates in one battle once and still had almost half his max health still left at end of battle when it timed out. Both the Batman and cara were both 7* and had full precious runes and purple pets to.

I agree with you on some level though. I like the idea of stall teams and having to strategize and come up witn the proper team to counter the stall teams. However, when literally (with no exaggeration) over 90% of all battles in the top 5 or 6 spots on my server are ending in time outs it kind of takes the fun out of arena battles. It's causing a lot of aggravation and grief for many of the top players on my server. Like I said in previous post, with ultimate animations taking forever to run their process one after the other and with the first 8 seconds of every battle having nothing going on what so ever we are left with around only 45 seconds of actual fighting going on. Also, with a lot of the top OP heroes being very durable these days, having high dodge, extra lives, shields and all this other stuff going on it makes it extremely hard to accomplish almost anything in the given time frame. All I'm trying to accomplish is another 30 seconds at least added to the time clock. Although I truly believe arena battles should be allowed to go to the finish, total elimination, one team and one player left standing. Fight to the finish.
Last edited by REAPER23 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:08 am

The time limit is really not the problem here. You add time and it is like flipping a coin where you will win half of them and lose half of them. Would that really make all of you more satisfied? The expiration of time is a reflection of the top players all use similar teams that are equally matched.

Part of the problem is that game balance has been ruined by the release of many of the heroes you name. They are acquired by spending a lot of money. If you don't spend this maximum amount, you are not as successful at competing. This is why the "pay to play" label is attached to this game. It is also why many spenders are quitting.

An equal part of the problem is that all creativity is lost by many of these players. The same heroes are used and other team combinations are not explored. Copycats all because spending money at this level is easier (and probably more successful) than having to experiment at the risk of some failure. And if someone came up with a successful team, then it too would be copied. That is why you have ended up in this situation.

Reggelt
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:28 am

Reaper23 it's very funny seeing people complaining about the game being unfair in any way after paying so much to win :lol:
In my eyes u are part of the problem.

Slyrk
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:00 am

Please don't tell me you are also attacking with Valan? Otherwise I am not surprised that your fight ends in a timeout.

In my opinion, time limit is great so people don't attack with defense teams (and it all comes down to who pays more). Change it up, for example like this: https://youtu.be/07hU4bNdnhk. It is worth noting that the enemy team is rated 5.5k higher than mine, but it doesn't matter. Attacker gets to choose counters so don't choose the identical stalling team.

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm

I never once said I attack with valan.. I specifically stated he is always on my "defensive" team set up to take the brunt of the very annoying Batman and cara ultimates.. I have a combination of 20+ heroes I use on a regular basis and I am always switching/changing things around to shake things up a bit. With so many huge spenders on my server however, all running the top 7* OP heroes it's got to the point where arena battles have become stagnant and almost always end in timeouts (not just for me but for the majority of the top player) no matter the combination of heroes or teams used. As far as you reggelt all I have to say is this. It's people like me that allow people like you to enjoy this game for free. Don't spray your jealous filled envious lines at me because your to stingy or to much of a broke ass to throw money at a game you enjoy. I never once stated the game was unfair in any way what so ever. I personally think the game is plenty fair. I simply stated my opinion on wanting the arena time limit to be extended and offered an avenue for others who feel the same way to state their feeling on that matter as well. There are those who may agree with me and those who may not and that is that. So take your self indulged over the top ignorant trolling remarks and go suck a dick with them. Nobody needs that bullshit here when they are trying to express an opinion that neither insults nor puts anyone down.

P.s. I don't pay to win I pay to play and enjoy the collection of new heroes that the game offers because unlike some people it doesn't break my bank account to enjoy doing so. So as said before if you don't have an opinion that doesn't involve creating a problem or contributing to the topic at hand then keep it to yourself you little bitch. Now have a good day sir. To all others that stated their opinions on the topic without throwing insults or trying to start an argument just to fulfill their worthless/meaningless boring day I thank you for your input and time. Any and all opinions are welcomes whether they agree with me or not on the "arena time limit."

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

+ 1 Another 30 seconds would be fine and if time outs continue to be a majority then may be raise that to 45-60.
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein