ultramage
Baron
Baron

ch19 difficulty is absurd

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:10 pm

So I cleared ch18 normal and heroic, walked into ch19 and got trashed pretty hard. Even if my nukers somehow survive wave 1 and 2, the things on wave 3 are now approaching raid-level hp bars and kill even aaValan really quick.

The stage info says the enemies are 'level 110'. This number may or may not have any meaning. I wonder if Lilith is intending to unlock lvl101+ on heroes, or are we stuck in this perpetual hell of trickle-boosting already maxed heroes with enchanter, forge, pets and their own boosting methods, skins, etc. Or is this a hint to purchase the latest newest premium characters, which are probably the only ones that can survive this difficulty?

I saw that we now get the next 'red' tier of equipment. But to farm it you need to clear ch19. And to clear ch19 you (probably?) need red tier equipment. Wtf.

radiovillain
Squire
Squire

Re: ch19 difficulty is absurd

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Indeed. I’m using teams fully runed, full pets, etc. and the reflective shield guys in part 1, phase 1 destroy anyone in front aside from Vaylan instantly. I managed to get to phase 2 using Goblin Squad so that the enemy front line was pushed back a bit but the back end enemies (Magnus & co.) destroy my team.

At the moment, the only players with red gear are p2w whales. Maybe CH19 is for people with deep pockets only?

Frankly, Dojo and Caverns should have had a new level which gives red gear fragments. Also, a next level to the forge would have been useful although I dread to think of the wait time for red items to forge.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Ah, I had Baltor and Mazir in the back nuking/stunning/slowing them, since they all cluster together anyway, but I had trouble killing the little bomb guy (absurd amount of hp), so I'd lose half hp on Valan and the unit in slot 2. Then on wave 2, Magnus in the back would be a complete ass, again with an obnoxiously long hp bar. And finally, he makes a reappearance in wave 3, along with Elanor and other instamurder bosses. At this point I fire all ultimates, but none of the enemies die...

I'm curious to know what it takes to clear this. Maybe it's not meant to be cleared right now? I'm worried how this will affect my encounters with whales in the crucible though.

radiovillain
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Yeah, Crucible is going to be very bad. PvP is already dead for me. I used to hang around top 30, now I’m in the 80’s.

What this has essentially done is lock most players out of endgame content and given a ton of cash to Lilith with all of the whales buying diamonds today to get that r+2 gear.

I’v been playing almost 3 years now and I’m wondering if I’ll put up with this long enough to make it to 4. lol

toninl
Knight
Knight

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:53 am

I've just passed the first battle in chapter 19. It was very hard, and it's impossible to keep all alive in 3th wave. But I' ve passed it, after a few of attempts with:
glacia 3* ursula 3* sumiko 7* chrona 6* valan 6*, all awakened. Revive ability' s Chrona is necessary for avoid the suicide bomb, also sumiko for her tornado, with cleared the 3th wave even she died. Dead: glacia (obviously :( ), sumiko, and, incredibly awakened and skinned valan.

I hope my experience can help you ;)

Zieppi
Knight
Knight

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 am

There are really a lot of problems.
The grenade of Magnusson with which my humiliation began in 19 raid seems like a sandbox, in comparison with what happens next ...
I spent 800 meat and went 2 levels, 3 and 1* respectively.
Tried the heroic, turret level 116, destroyed all almost instantly. No way...
I'm more concerned about the lack of ability to collect new items. For r + 2 you need 11 new items and I will be able to collect them only in the campaign! + But you know what?! They raised the cost from 12 to 18 meat per 1 attempt! It's freaking insane, couple of things from Chapter 19, where 30-50 people will claim 6-10 items. Small guilds can go to suck their paws, they can not go through 19 raids for half a year.  Btw I have not completed the 18 raid since the opening.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:19 am

Yeah, some of the nodes in ch18 were similar, the only way to 3-star was to somehow survive through an elaborate team comp, and then use well-timed ultimates on fast-refilling units to interrupt, stun, lift, freeze or otherwise distract the other side so that they never get to act. I don't think the game should be about dodging 1-hit instakill moves.

Chrona's time revive is a nice idea, haven't thought about that. The only units I have that can handle the bomb is aaValan, and Riley (but she gets killed fast after transforming). And then there are a few units who have short burts of invincibility frames while attacking, which may help avoid the blast. And Goram's clones in front of him may act as a distraction if they stand far enough. Haven't tested Kong's clones yet.

Our small guild just started work on the ch18 last boss. 0.1% dps per run, around 1% total per day. Unlocking it was not so bad, if you can clear ch18-3 then you are probably able to do 18-8.

radiovillain
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:49 pm

I fused about 20 heroes to red today and equipped/enchanted whatever gear I had available. Unfortunately, that didn’t help. Magnus just kills half of my team before stage three leaving me with nothing for stage 3 to beat a Nightshade that refuses to die because of her life steal.

I’ve tried a good fifty times using different combinations and renting heroes but no luck.

I’m going to give this a month and if it remains impossible without p2w teams I’ll have to say bye to SH.

If anyone has any teams to share that don’t involve p2w heroes, feel free to share.

Sylphi
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:26 am

radiovillain wrote:
I fused about 20 heroes to red today and equipped/enchanted whatever gear I had available. Unfortunately, that didn’t help. Magnus just kills half of my team before stage three leaving me with nothing for stage 3 to beat a Nightshade that refuses to die because of her life steal.

I’ve tried a good fifty times using different combinations and renting heroes but no luck.

I’m going to give this a month and if it remains impossible without p2w teams I’ll have to say bye to SH.

If anyone has any teams to share that don’t involve p2w heroes, feel free to share.

Amen.
"I COMMAND you to be SILENCE!"

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:44 am

"I fused all heroes to red"
Here I would like to ask a burning question: I have all my main heroes' gear at orange+2 modded to max stars. It was goddamn expensive to do. If I were to perform fusion to Red, would all these upgrades be discarded, and the character treated as if their Orange+2 stage was passed with zero upgrades? Because then I would like to know, does a naked Red character have higher stats than Orange+2 with max stars? If not, then going to red right now is a mistake. Does it even unlock a new skill?