Baldies
Knight
Knight

[Guide] HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL GUILD LEADER

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 pm

First thing I´d like to point out here is that a natural born leader ALWAYS lead by example, ask others only what you can give. You will gain respect if you are fair, explain your actions and encourage your members.

RECRUIT GUILD MEMBERS:
:arrow: Use General Chat to promote your Guild. Do it along the day and check the chat and send private message to those looking for a guild.
:arrow: You can use this and other dedicated forums, but it may be hard to find players from the same server.

CHOSE YOUR 5 ELDERS:
:arrow: Chose them wisely as they can help you with a lot of tasks. Consider: who are the most active/helpful in the chat, who are the ones spending more time in the game, who are the ones you can trust more, who are the ones contributing more Guild Points, …
:arrow: Once appointed, check the logs too see what they are doing so you can remove them asap in case they are abusing their powers, removing members with no reason, …

MANAGE GUILD:

In this place you will set and command your guild, you´ll find the following options:

1. Join Requests: If you have set your Guild Type to Need approval check this constantly so you don´t lose potential good members.

2. Manage members: You can see how your guild members are doing.
:arrow: Last time online: you will need to trim inactive users,
:arrow: 7 Day GP: To see how are the guild points contributions. Remember maximum 800 per day per user so that´s 5600 maximum per 7 days. The more users getting to that number the better.
:arrow: Raid Count: The times your guild mates have raided the opened Chapters. Obviously, the more the better.

3. Make announcement: Use it as a reclaimer or as little message to your members but be careful as it´s public and other guilds could see it!
4. Guild settings: You can change the following…
:arrow: Guild Type: Anyone can join, will avoid losing some good players that want to join your Guild because you didn´t checked the Join Requests on time.
:arrow: Minimum party level: Start low and increase after your guild member grow in level.
:arrow: Allow cutting in line for loot distribution: OFF is the more fair option as no one will be able to cut in line after paying some diamonds.
:arrow: Distribute loot: Loot yet to be automatically distributed (that is done hourly), could be distributed manually for Leaders and Elders. I don´t recommend doing so as the queue system and automatic distribution is fair to everyone.

5. Contact Guild members: Create a short text that will be distributed via mailbox to your guild members. Don´t abuse it so everyone read all your letters carefully, it´s a great way to communicate your Guild Wars tactics, or specific orders, warnings for inactivity, low Guild points contribution ….
6. Disband Guild: Hopefully that won´t happen if you have read this and you are lucky with your members.

Will show the more important daily activity carried out in the Guild, check it daily:
:arrow: Members joining/leaving or being removed.
:arrow: Distribution of Loot, check that your Elders are not taking profit of the Distribute system and giving themselves the hard earned loot!
:arrow: Registration to Guild Wars.
:arrow: Completion/Opening of Chapters to be raided.

It´s common that some players prefer to mine with their best players. so you can check if your members are camping their top players so everyone can benefit from them in case of need in Crucible of Fire,….

It´s done on a weekly basis and it consists of different stages:

Stage 1: Register your guild
Leader or Elders must register the Guild to be able to participate in the weekly Guild Wars, in case you forget it your Guild won´t partake of it and your members will be very pissed.
You need to pay 10000 Guild Points to register.
If you are recruiting, you would like to wait until the very end of the deadline so your new recruiters can contribute in the Guild War. Those that join after your have registered won´t fight that week.
Stage 2: Find your opponent
Your Guild will be automaticaly matched against your weekly rival. Nothing you can do during this stage.
Stage 3: Preparing for Battle
Maybe the most important thing that you have to do as a Guild Leader.
Set your strategies and coordinate your guild members so they distribute the parties of your Guild members in the 3 paths.
As the winner of the war is the team that wins 2 paths, the best strategy is that your members place their best parties in 2 paths.
At each path players will be matched by levels, that means your top level member will be paired against the top level member of the rival.
Stage 4: Deploy troops
During this stage members won´t be able to move their parties.
Stage 5: Engage in battle
You can watch the battles live or check the replays afterwards.

REWARDS OF THE GUILD WARS:
Conqueror coins that can be spent in the Arsenal shop. Right now you can buy only the most valuous equipment. Don´t waste them! Maybe in the future Soulstones can be bought there :P

Check my guide to see what Raid Dungeons are about [Guide] Concise guide to Raid Dungeons

Woonborg
Squire
Squire

Re: [Guide] HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL GUILD LEADER

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi!
Nice guide here, not that much information, but good anyways, unfortunately it's after the sumbition time.
The time got over today.
I also think that there already is one about the guild stuff.

Baldies
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Woonborg wrote:
Hi!
Nice guide here, not that much information, but good anyways, unfortunately it's after the sumbition time.
The time got over today.
I also think that there already is one about the guild stuff.

Thanks, I would have loved to find this Guide when I was starting the game, that´s the info you need to get the grip of being a Guild Leader.

And remember not for more words, you are saying more information :mrgreen:

TeamTorres
Community Program (Soul Hunters)
Community Program (Soul Hunters)

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi. I remember when I started my guild, I had no idea what I was doing. I find your guide very useful to our Soul Hunter Community. :)
Facebook FanGroup-Voice Of The Players https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666379796927532/

Hydro
Squire
Squire

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

I've built and lead several #1 guilds across several games and platform. I'll share the top 2 things you need to have a successful guild.

#1 - Communication: without proper communication platforms, it's impossible to keep everyone on the same page. I recommend as a requirement you ask that everyone in your guild use a chat app like Line. It allows better chat history, allows you to see how many have read your message, and creates a community in which people can grow and make friends. 200% of the time Line app is better than in game chats.

#2- Strong leadership team and high standards : only way to lead in these games are to lead from the front. Players respect leaders, not cheer leaders. Both yourself and leadership team need to be amongst the steongest in the guild. Closely following that is your guild standards. Participation, level, power, Etc. in this game our guild have a minimum daily GP based on 7day average.

Start with these two things and your guild will be successfull.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Translate.com
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

Baldies
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Vesperas wrote:
Translate.com

Care to elaborate?