Poseidon
Knight
Knight

Overhaul Megathread

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:12 am

Greetings everyone,

For a while now, I've had this idea to create a thread that combines all the bugs and "viable" suggestions in one place. The idea is to keep it neatly organised and constantly moderated and avoid the creation of multiple new threads for the same issue. Hopefully Arclight and Hengli will help with that.

I'd like to keep all known bugs and suggestions in this first post, by constantly editing it. I ask the moderation that any unrelated post be deleted, and any suggestions/bug post that is reported, be deleted AFTER it has been edited into this first post (the author of said post will be credited). This might seem somewhat radical but bear with me, please :) Some of the things posted on here might need additional data/information/testing. Please contribute to the best of your ability.

1. Other Threads and Guides
- The VIP Features Overhaul thread can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11220
- A Google Form for suggestions, which I assume is reviewed by the game team, rather than the forum team can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11147&hilit=google+form
- The "Official" Soul Hunters Theorycraft APP can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11015
- A spreadsheet with the viability of each hero can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11184
- Looking for a volunteer to update this guide - viewtopic.php?t=9951
- Looking for a volunteer to update this guide - viewtopic.php?t=9950
- Looking for a volunteer to create a guide for each of the raid bosses

2. Bugs
This section will be constantly updated with reported bugs and whether they're fixed or not.
- Upon completion of Octo's ultimate, the number of leaps he has done shows up next to a bunch of Chinese characters. No translation added.
- Some users report inability to connect to the servers since the 25/11 update. Possibly related to language settings (unconfirmed)
- Some users report inability to enter arena since the 25/11 update. I can account for that, although it's not always the case. Restarting the game fixes it.
- The hero that kills Zem while his ultimate is active, doesn't receive any energy.
- Some of the heroes don't correctly show where to obtain their Soulstones (under the + button). Most commonly, heroes that can be obtained in Heroics, don't display their shop. Slim, Tareth, Gus are a few examples. If you notice any more please provide more information.

3. Suggestions
- Move the focus of the game from adding heroes to improving heroes. I'm aware that balancing will always be an issue, however heroes release can be slowed down to only the Monthly hero and instead focus on adding awakenings. Many agree that the pile of "useless" heroes continues to increase - Ember, Boomer, Esabel, Mariana, I'd even say Hanzo, (it's just an inferior Ezio).
- More Quests - I don't understand why the Fusion Quest Line ends at Purple+1? Fusions get progressively harder and feel somewhat unrewarding, especially since you need 3 items in a higher level to equalize your hero rating. I see no issues with extending that quest line to Orange Fusion. Additionally, there are now 73 (more?) heroes available. In light of that, I believe the "Get X amount of heroes" quest line should be extended as well. Currently, the last quest is 50 heroes (and the reward is rather measly I might add - a choice of a single purple item, discussed in another thread). Maybe add quests for 60 and 70 Heroes?
- Daily Quest Rewards - While the Party XP should remain the same (understandably), the rest of the rewards are virtually non-existent. (1k, 2k Gold, 1 Green Dust, 2 Cheese, etc.) I suggest those additional rewards to scale with level.
- More Daily Quests - No quests for Treasure Cave, Prophecy Pool, Mystical Ruins?
- Shops Overhaul - I think everyone would agree that Diamond Items in shops are completely useless. I understand Lilith might be looking for another source of income, but does it really work? I suggest the Trader trade only in Gold (even if that means completely eliminating the diamond items) and have the Goblin and Smuggler keep their diamond items. However, the Goblin and Smuggler's gold items selection is EXTREMELY limited. There are maybe 10 items they'd offer for gold. I'd much rather prefer that the selection be increased as well as their price - massively! Like have a small chance of a purple item appearing for like 250-500k? I'd much rather have gold become more scarce rather than useless buildings.
- Invite "All" for Mystic Ruins - this has been discussed and proved to be a bad idea, due to the poor chat system. Well how about "Invite all Online players"?
- Hero Soulstones - As discussed before there are now plenty of useless heroes and from what I'm reading, people aren't very happy with stuffing more and more heroes into the Currency Shops (Arena, CoF, etc.) There are PLENTY of Heroic Dungeons that don't give Soulstones and there are plenty of heroes that are now "old". I understand that new heroes are your major profit drive and they should be hard to get. But there are heroes like Magdor, Killjoy, Riley whose usability has decreased and can easily be spread out through the heroic dungeons.
- Profit - Add "Watch Video Ad" option, a few times a day (maybe 1-3) that rewards a small amount of diamonds or other items. That way you guarantee even that the free players will provide you with some gains. This is a common practice among Freemium games, most notably in Supercell games (Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boombeach). I find it strange that this doesn't exist, since the the add campaign for Soul Hunters itself is MASSIVE. Try some game with ads, every third one will be Soul Hunters.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more. I'll try to keep this constantly updated and eventually even introduce some color coding for easier reading.
Please feel free to contribute as it would help to keep the forum a lot cleaner and better-maintained.
Last edited by Poseidon on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Re: Overhaul Megathread

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 am

I'll make an extensive guide covering all of the mentioned topics. I'll have it split into sections since writing just the hero part will be extremely time consuming. I'll most likely start with the hol guide since it's the shortest one and post it in a few hours with a general outline and structure for future guide additions.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 am

great job Poseidon!

Poseidon
Knight
Knight

Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:31 am

First post updated.
Thanks Gmanju and Zi0iP.
However, this post very quickly got buried under what I'm trying to avoid - repetitive bugs and suggestions :(

I'm open to suggestions for the title that'll make the thread more "attractive".

Mishca
Squire
Squire

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 am

The link for the Google forum is closed.

Want to add in a suggestion that we get "mines" for the new forge where you can send out heroes like treasure cove to gain a small number of resources wood iron or crystals for a few hours or whatever. I'm talking maybe one of those small bundles every 3 hours or so nothing game changing but enough to get the area actually going somewhere. Our ways of gaining them right now are few and makes the area rather pointless because we can't craft and work on heroes at the same time let alone level the buildings.

Another post included a daily reward for materials as well.

EvaHogben
Squire
Squire

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Bugs and suggestion that have fields to make on it they have a soul hunters to get among the access or ports to read. The Board of the index has a partition to take on kratom wholesale with the list of the buyers that were available to put or have the acceleration to make on it.