Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Mystic Ruins rework

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:02 pm

My last post did not get a lot of attention, assume it was too long to read. So I made better one and will post in pieces adding details.

Mystic Ruins:
Concept:
High difficulty, high reward, cooperation intensive game mode. Inherits features from Crucible of Fire and Raids.

High level Mechanics:
Opens at team level 40.
Have 1 daily reset.
3 participants: 1 opener and 2 assistants.
3 Gates (waves) open one by one. Each next wave is more difficult than previous.
Only 10 heroes allowed (to keep challenge for those who has a lot of heroes). Attempts unlimited.
HP and energy is preserved after each fight (both for enemies and heroes)
Each enemy wave has specific, puzzling composition to be countered. Typically is should be 4 “general” and 1 “special” enemies. But can leave area for imagination like mono-bosses, or few special enemies.
Last edited by Ivanrgs on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Re: Mystic Ruins rework

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Enemy teams mechanics:
It is hard to advice without knowing in-depth game balance, but general idea:
Each wave has 4 “general” enemies, without any special features and one “special” enemy. Stats of them are compared to fully developed “average” champion of opener’s party level (front/mid/back).

General enemies:
For example, gorilla, front-line physical tank will have same HP, armor and attack as average of Drago/Elrick considering all items used for fuse, but not considering abilities and enchantments.
General enemies can be Physical tank/front (gorilla). Magic or Physical DPS/mid (Red sorceress, catapult), Magic or Physical back DPS/mid (elf girl). Can be either AoE or single point
Composition of general enemies: random. Can be 2 tanks, 2 backs or 1 tank 2 mids 1 back
For waves, following stats will be respectively increased for all enemies:
- Wave 1: 2x HP
- Wave 2: 3x HP, increased armor (both types)
- Wave 3: 5x HP, increased armor and attack. (Both types)
Last edited by Ivanrgs on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Special enemies (1 in each wave):
Special enemies will have variety of traits, which have to be countered. It is only limited by game balance and imagination but could be:
- Mid: poisonous sorceress (like Cyana). All team loses hp over time.
- Back physical DPS: Marksman elf girl. Very High physical Damage to last hero in team.
- Front tank: immune to all damage except poison (dps) damage
- Front tank: aura providing physical resistance and physical damage increase
- Back magic DPS: aura providing magic resistance and magic damage increase
- Mid physical DPS: multiple clones
- Mid Magic DPS: strong AoE one-directional magic attack (similar to Taurus Spear or Phoenix ray)
- Back magic DPS: 1-shot single hero killer.
- Front DPS: suicide extremely high front line damage. Area of affect about of Zems transform. No counter, bye bye tank.
- Front Magic tank: Freezing any melee attacker for 15 seconds
- Front physical DPS: heavy aoe damage to all non-flying heroes
- Mid Magic DPS: absorbs any magic damage and reflects at random enemy multiplied by 2
- Back magic support: provide shield immunity to front hero
- Back magic support: charms random hero from opposing team
- Mid Magic dps

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Rewards:
At the end of day, progress is checked: how many waves have been completed, 1, 2 or 3 - and rewards assigned accordingly. Rewards are: golden chest tickets, fragments of collectible items close to opener’s party level, soul stones. Random collectible items are items plus/minus 5 levels from openers party level.
1 wave completed: 1-15 fragments, 1 golden ticket. For opener – multiplied x3. Everybody get 1 co-op point
2 waves completed: 15-30 fragments, 1 golden ticket, 1-2 SS for random heroes (from pre-selected list). For opener – multiplied x3. Everybody get 2 co-op points
3 (all) waves completed: 30-50 fragments, 1 golden ticket, 2-5 SS for random heroes (from pre-selected list). For opener: 1 full collectible item (random change), 50-100 fragments, 10x golden chest ticket, 10-30 SS. Everybody get 3 co-op points

Visual Interface:
Idea of “surprise” appearance may stay but this is irrelevant.
Current graphics may stay unchanged but each “gate” is not independent location like now. Gates open one by one. By clicking on each gate player will be able to get information on opposing team and hints for their defeat (similar to Prophecy Poll info) so can plan ahead and select appropriate heroes
Invite button still works to invite two assistants. Battle result button still works to represent battles in chronological order.

Gremlin
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 am

I like your idea, especially that thing, that opener have multiplied rewards! Your mechanic of enemies seems... They have more strengh, and it will be more difficult for some players to clean it... Maybe make it like dependable feature? Like, there is regular Mystic Ruins and "Super Mystic Ruins" for those who have a little more Party Level than need for regular Ruins? Your Ruins looks a bit different than regular Ruins. And, for rewards? Who is hero for reward? That list is needed to be bigger than now(there is just Kaneq and Aqua). Four different heroes for reward will be ok.
Special enemies are cool! But how they look like? Is they differ from those enemies that we have now?
This feature will be very interesting to play, in my opinion.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks. I cannot make whole details for the developers: how enemies will look like and what heroes should be in rewards.
I was trying at least to think of change.
Current ruins are boring grinding of few items and ss of 2 heroes. Does not add anything to game experience, so imho not needed at all.

Difficulty is dependant on opener's level. Maybe there will be some struggle for weak guys to assist top guys, but thats where I see interaction should improve.
I also cannot speak in details for balance (maybe my multipliers will make Ruins unbearable, maybe easy) but at least they should be challenging.

Like with CoF currently, good players usually can make CoF quite easy. For me even too easy. I remember when I really had to think how to balance energy and health, whom to hire to get to 15. It was thrilling and I liked it. It was best part of the game.
Raids were also good earlier. Unfortunately by raid 14 they turned to attempts to grind max damage - no wits required anymore.

I really would like to have something similar to CoF and raid together and see that mystic ruins is best suited for it. It has great potential.

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:00 am

Thank you very much for the feedback but next time you want to add something to a post please use the edit function.
Regarding the mystic ruins we don't have plans to change it at the moment.

AltoPasso
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:00 pm

And what about Coop points ??
When would you put rewards on it ?? (points against SS, Equipment, Endurance points, Dusts or Diamonds)
You don't rewards players which spend lot of time on the game, helping others and developped themself...

You only rewards BigSpender which spend lot of diamonds everytime... only earnings from you...

And I want also to awarn social media on your game : you feel too greedy... After lvl100, If you want to continue to grow correctly, you need to spend $100 each week !!! Comon, All best heroes need to be bought (Zeno, Sylphi...), really fed up with this attitude...

Too much PaytoWin

Until now, it take effects only on guild and arena ranking, but now, it,s affect also CoF: impossible to achieve 15 chest if Silphy is used by the opponent team...

Just a point : compare Dev time / money spend / lifetime between your game and a REAL game as Skyrim : It's just a thief...
So please : try to be less greedy, lot of players which don't have so much money are upset, begin to speak about it on the web and just want to leave...

Thanks for your attention and feedback

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 am

hengli wrote:
Thank you very much for the feedback but next time you want to add something to a post please use the edit function.
Regarding the mystic ruins we don't have plans to change it at the moment.

Thank you for reply.
I recognize that developers team has some game development plan, which might have much bigger ideas. Like total war or domination mentioned in other thread.
Short poll made in other sub-forum demonstrated that people like raids and hol (item rewarding and challenging tasks). Definitely mystic ruins in not one of them.
So maybe team can consider some minor change. With understanding that project team has own priorities and resources limitation, still some quick upgrade can improve ruins. Can consider to make opposing heroes in MR simply harder (just increase stars and levels) and more rewarding.
Add more random with soulstones to cover some newer (but not newest) heroes.

PS I did not get what was wrong in original post?