Majestic
Knight
Knight

Hurok in HoL and raids

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm

When his ult is going to be fixed? Since his release and as of now, every HoL and raid is broken by a single character, because just by using his ult, you strip every single boss of every ability he has, which means that right now you don't even need to try and play around the boss' abilities or plan your ults and whoever doesn't have him is screwed. Yes, everyone can rent him from guildmates, but that doesn't change the fact Hurok took all the fun from trying to get top scores in HoL.
Majestic, server 299 Sawblade

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: Hurok in HoL and raids

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:05 pm

I agree that Hurok breaks a lot of HOL and needs a fix. But you are exaggerating, this does not break any raid, nor every single HOL, there are several HOL where you cannot achieve the best score with Hurok. Namely: Konrad, Kong and Crusher. Crusher is debatable but the other 2 you will not come even close.

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:08 pm

The skill mechanics feel broken yes but I still think that not having Goram is worst than not having Hurok for HoL. If they completely Nerf his ult for bosses Hurok will be left as an (above?) average arena and campaign hero.

Majestic
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:06 pm

In Arena he's really good against any champion with clones/summoned units
Majestic, server 299 Sawblade

nebel03
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Hurok is just like a new sylphi so why is anybody swearing? :D
Server: 269
Guild: Nova
Invitation Code:438d2633

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Majestic wrote:

True. I wish Solomon would ult faster, because of their insta kill synergy
no more money from me

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Grocoloco wrote:
The skill mechanics feel broken yes but I still think that not having Goram is worst than not having Hurok for HoL. If they completely Nerf his ult for bosses Hurok will be left as an (above?) average arena and campaign hero.

Goram is a great HOL hero but no, atm goram is maybe 4th most needed hero for HOL. I feel Ling ling and Vernos are the absolutely necessary heroes right now. Hurok on the other hand is an above average arena hero IMO.

Majestic wrote:

He is good against all kind of teams.

nebel03 wrote:
Hurok is just like a new sylphi so why is anybody swearing? :D

That would be Vernos.

Namorat wrote:
Majestic wrote:

True. I wish Solomon would ult faster, because of their insta kill synergy

Hmm, I didn't think of this :D But yeah, probably not as crazy as it sounds, by the time solomon ults the fight is probably already decided, or Hurok is already dead.

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Goram is a great HOL hero but no, atm goram is maybe 4th most needed hero for HOL. I feel Ling ling and Vernos are the absolutely necessary heroes right now. Hurok on the other hand is an above average arena hero IMO.

You are right, but I forgot to be more specific about my lvl and about comparing two heroes still unreleased for free. Lingling and Vernos I agree are an absolute necessity but they are obtainable without diamonds. Since I unlocked HoL and until my current lvl, 89, you simply cannot get in the Top rankings in HoL, RotA or Raids without Goram. Even if you have Hurok for HoL, if you don't use Goram you'll get a mediocre result. In RotA against Slim and Serafine Hurok is nearly useless, but Goram is necessary. Basically I have to think everyday about where I want to use the best hired Gorams depending on where I want a better score; this is why I feel he is more important. I don't disagree using Hurok feels like cheating in some HoL though, but I don't think he is more necessary than Goram at least at my lvl.
Maybe they could make his energy bar decrease faster in HoL so more coordination is needed with Lingling to survive an ultimate, this way he could remain a HoL hero without being 0 tactics. Or just remove his ability against bosses and problem solved I guess but a lot of people will complain, and the potential double purchase events will lose a lot of value lol.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Grocoloco wrote:

Yes he is 4th overall but he is still the 1st most wanted in VIP heroes
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

Dibbl3r
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 am

After the last HoL I think Hurok was 'fixed' - he is no more that Devouring machine of death like he was in the previous Sirpa HoLs. Please understand me right: he still devours illusions, but I did not see stacking buffs like before...

My observations:
  • his ult still works on HoL bosses
  • stacking Devour buffs has been probably disabled, cause he no more hastes himself into the god speed

IF THIS IS CONFIRMED, big congrats to dev team for screwing up another ability (ult and Devour description now does not describe what the ability really does).
I understand it is easier to just disable something instead of fixing the hero to do what description says and what the hero is PROBABLY supposed to do.