User avatar
Rashar
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Next month login hero

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Rashar wrote:
Yeah just imagine how awesome jasper is or goblin squad, you can use them for... well... arena... after you have been level 100 for AGES.

So yeah unless the login heroes have special "need" they have been pretty (here is that word again) garbage lately.

Boreas won't be great either... everyone who is not level 100 yet with a full roster shouldnt even work on him as he has zero uses outside of arena's.

Most heroes usually shine in either arena or hol/raids. Some shine in both, but how is a hero that is good in just one of them not good?
Take Malrath for example, an absolute must in arena, useless in HOL/Raids. So, are you saying a person not level 100 with a full roster should not work on malrath? That is a foolish thing to say.


Malrath is actually so good in arena it makes him a must have as he can fit a large number of teams, Malrath was a cs hero, has never been a login hero. Nor do I think I said that people shouldnt work on Malrath... You're assuming to many things.

Last login heroes have been TRASH, that's a fact... there has been a whole era for zem taurus lumos tashi... I dont see those era's for the login heroes like boreas jasper and goblin squad. You know why? Because all the premium cs heroes are way way way better. There is no reason to upgrade a jasper boreas or gobbo squad unless you already have a good roster of heroes. Which makes me repeat my statement that these heroes only have a chance to shine after you have hit level 100 and only after you been level 100 for awhile and you have maxed out the staple heroes first.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1760
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Next month login hero

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:24 pm

Rashar wrote:
Malrath is actually so good in arena it makes him a must have as he can fit a large number of teams, Malrath was a cs hero, has never been a login hero. Nor do I think I said that people shouldnt work on Malrath... You're assuming to many things.

I am not assuming anything, I am directly replying with a simple fact. You named several heroes and argued that people pre-lvl 100 should not work on them because they are only used in arena. This is a pretty forward counter-argument, I presented an hero that is only used in arena and that you should absolutely work on. It has nothing to do with you mentioning Malrath or not, this fact simply invalidates your argument.

Which makes me repeat my statement that these heroes only have a chance to shine after you have hit level 100 and only after you been level 100 for awhile and you have maxed out the staple heroes first.

Maybe. But isn't that always the case? First you max the heroes that are known to be good. Then you experiment with the others. Not every hero can be a "staple" hero, only a small percentage of them are, even from CS heroes you are not getting Sylphies and Gorams every month... So it's only natural that statistically you will not have many "staple" login heroes, once in a while you will get one.
 
User avatar
Rashar
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Next month login hero

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 pm

If you want to catch me on what I said better quote me right...

I said that people have no reason to work on jasper boreas or whats the other trash one... ow yeah goblin squad... they shouldnt work on the latest login heroes because they are onyl good in arena. Once again my statement still stands.

Enjoy trying to ruleshark more of my words!
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1760
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Next month login hero

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm

Rashar wrote:
Enjoy trying to ruleshark more of my words!

Likewise. You said "you can use them for... well... arena... after you have been level 100 for AGES.". I make straigthforward assessments. If you want to say something else then say it.

I said that people have no reason to work on jasper boreas or whats the other trash one... ow yeah goblin squad... they shouldnt work on the latest login heroes because they are onyl good in arena. Once again my statement still stands.

So, what is the requirement for someone to work on a hero? What should the hero be good at? I'm not seeing your point. The latest CS heroes, although powerful, are also only usable in arena. Even vulko is not good for HOL/Raids (usable in raids but not top 5)
 
User avatar
Rashar
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Next month login hero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:38 am

Well once again we are at a point in discussion where you are standing on the mountain where you have been level 100 for like what.. 8-9 months? Maybe more?

Ofcourse the number of heroes you can maintain depends on daily activity, money you spend and how active your guild is.

But from point of view I am being pretty much spot on with min maxing while trying to keep the wallet closed (except for 3 bucks/month)

Heroes people should work on are the ones that give you the most BANG for your buck aka that are worth investing in. Heroes that are good on multiple platforms like Sylphi, Goram, Garrick(when awakened) Osiris(when awakened), Octo(when awakened, Vernos(when awakened) then some heroes that are needed for HoL but arent used often like Tashi, Jasmine Tsuki *although he is a beast at arena aswell) Probably can add Sumiko(when awakened) to that list aswell now...

So yeah basicly all HoL heroes and then all the heroes you "need" for dojo and PP and preferably the ones that are also good at other parts... like nilya and hurok.

Basicly the way I done it, is that I wanted to focus on the lowest amount of possible heroes while making sure I was keeping up with HoL, Dojo and PP.

I call a hero useless or garbage if he has no direct impact in the game... this can be CS heroes aswell, although lately the CS heroes and some box heroes have been pretty crazy. Magnus, Sarya are pretty OP in pvp... Petros seems solid aswell. Embrael... probably not so much, nice hero to have. Tsuki is great... luckily this new doll hero seems to be pretty bad. Hurok has been crazy, I saw his HoL potential so he was a must buy... after that thy nerfed him so I felt robbed of my 50 bucks... because I personally dont care much for what a hero does in pvp.

But for arena there are many options to use heroes and still do well. And in case of servers where people are still in the process of 1-100 you wont beat the big spenders in the arena anyway. Around 90+ you have a few chances and shots to get them and even then the BR gap will still be growing.

So for f2p and people who spend a medium amount of money to get the biggest value out of their time spend... or money spend they need to min max. I been 100 for roughly a month now and I still do not own 15 O2 maxed heroes. I been super greedy when it comes down trying to stand in line for comblades, illublades, talisman, and lost epics.

I been focusing on all the HoL heroes in the academy sylphi goram osiris octo... and even after all my time played (which was 5 rebuys per day from day 1 of playing) I only have 4 maxed academy toons and 1 nearly maxed.

So what I am trying to say is that even for me (vip12 not bragging) it's still pretty time consuming to get maxed heroes. So with the time I have, I have no resources to spend it on mediocre heroes who won't do much for me. My server has a few insane players that also spend more on the game monthly then I did in a year. Me getting a new maxed out hero for arena wont help a bit... even if the hero is good.

The areas where I can shine, is HoL (I am awesome at HoL yeye now I am bragging ^^) and I need to make sure that I can do the max dojos and pp to get a daily income of max level materials or of "rare" materials that are no longer farmed now that I have reached 100.

Basicly a hero like jasper who I thought was really cool does not have any priority as it will get me nowhere in arena nor will it benefit me in other areas of the game. I did get Vulko because he is good at some trash raids and in raid 14 because and he is pretty much obnoxious in arena... and at the time when I got him he was for sale in the hero's choise event... so that was 20 bucks for vulko tut and orkon. Vulko for me makes a big enough change in arena that because of him I can beat pop tank triple magic dps teams and other teams with magic dps lines and thus reliably hit top 10 everyday, mostly rank 5 or 6. this is 200-220 per day so by now I can honestly say for sure that Vulko earned his money back, same for orkon.

Anyway I could go on for hours.. Ihope you get my pov now.

I said this before we dont see eye to eye when it comes down this game a lot. I think some of it comes from you having forgotten how hard it was when you were grinding upto 100... unless ofcourse back then you were spending hundreds of dollards per month. But for the small guys out there it is not easy. They can't get excited over every hero because they dont have the resources. They need to manage them well or end up with messed up accounts.
 
Nady
Baron
Baron
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: Next month login hero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:07 am

I am currently run with Tsuki4* Osiris5* or Sarya4* awSylphi3* Taurus6* awGoram3* or Mirielle5*. At lvl 92 won many defends against even 100 players and able to stay at 25~ end of the day. Im like to blindly fuse heroes if I feel they will fit to my team or style. Im using Jasper and Radulph too everyday some stages Tashi now not. Tashi was my first login hero and I really like him, just too many frontliners I got who can make better impact with a team behind then he.

Edit:Box heroes in my experience sure stronger then login or other free heroes. Im using Dalton too, while my Orkon made 1.1millish dmg on Ethera Dalton alone did 900k around.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1760
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Next month login hero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Nady wrote:
Edit:Box heroes in my experience sure stronger then login or other free heroes. Im using Dalton too, while my Orkon made 1.1millish dmg on Ethera Dalton alone did 900k around.

Just to put raid heroes in perspective, my Vernos did 10 million, alone, on Ethera :P
 
User avatar
DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Next month login hero

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:16 am

Rashar wrote:
luckily this new doll hero seems to be pretty bad. Hurok has been crazy, I saw his HoL potential so he was a must buy... after that thy nerfed him so I felt robbed of my 50 bucks... because I personally dont care much for what a hero does in pvp.

New "hero doll" is great, maybe you don't see it yet because noone has her maxed out in your server, but she is great.
=
If you are lv100 for a month now, and you didn't know that Hurok on HoL at the beggining was a "bug" (purposedly bugged by Lilith to make people but him)(even the description said it shouldn't work on bosses), then you were at fault there for not realising it was going to be fixed. They did take their time in fixing him just to sell him for a week.

Also, heroes for dojos? I have never built up a hero just for a dojo. And I am not a big spender, little more than you only (vip13). You should have cleared them out since you were Lv96 or so, otherwise you were choosing bad heroes since months ago. Prophecy pool on the other hand is hard without specific heroes.

And having good amount of o2 heroes will take time, it took me also like a month or two after reaching 100 to have 3 o2 teams (not maxed out, and still not maxed out after 5 months or so) in my epic.

And late login heroes are not trash per se, they are just not good enough. Although compared to box/cs heroes, one could say they are trash. Only login heroes that I still use in arena are Tashi, Nylia and Taurus. Everyone else either I didn't o2 them or just not worked on them because I can't (they need too many wands, shurikens, and so on). A merely 3* new box/cs hero can just destroy any 7* normal hero now. It is just stupid the way they are releasing heroes. Volt seems like a good hero and comes with an awakening, just wondering how many months we will have to wait for his soulstones to be released, because as a tank, he needs stars.
 
User avatar
Rashar
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Next month login hero

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:49 am

Well I never said you need to develop a hero specifically for a dojo, but if the hero is good at multiple things it makes it worth it. Like Osiris, Hurok etc. etc.

I also never said I have issues with the dojo/pp... they have been 3 starred whenever they became available with the exception of female dojo back when I was level 40-50 orso.

I have mentioned before that my definition of trash/garbage means that the hero isnt usefull.. a hero not being good enough is exactly what mu definition includes. There is ansolutely ZERO sense in building up a boreas unless you have pretty much nothing else to upgrade, same for goblin squad and jasper. They also have zero use in PP, raid, Rota's, dojos (other heroes do the job better and you need those anyway). Volt won't be great either because he will need atleast 5+ stars. Assuming the way Lilith moved his SS will appear in a few DP's for sure seeing as he has an AW.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests