User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Sky Tower

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 am

BarryAllen wrote:
Really, are we playing the same game? Who has reached the point of just having so much excess gear that they are like, shit I wish they would put more toons in this game so I can use this stockpile of shit I have accumulated. As far as the O2 items, yeah maybe in sweeping la-la land. 80 fragments with a rate of maybe 3 /10 sweeps. How many diamonds do you burn crafting an O2 item in 3-4 days. Transforming Mask = O2, 80 Staff of Illumination, 80 Primordial Stone, 80 Etheral Cloak so dont give me that shit that an item can be crafted in 3-4 days. Maybe if you are blowing a shit load of gems.

6 resets, so roughly 500 diamonds/day. I get about 600-700 diamonds per day so I am still earning diamonds while doing this. But I don't do it anymore because I don't need items so fast and I want to save diamonds for the box heroes so, currently I am doing only 2 resets per day.

But this is besides the point. The point is, whether you use a lot of diamonds or not, it will still take way less than 1 month to get 1 item! So yes, it is easier to get items than gaia stones. This is a fact, no way around it.
 
BarryAllen
Baron
Baron
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 am
Location: US

Re: Sky Tower

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27 am

So 6 resets or 500 diamonds a day is possible for non paying players correct especially if you also factor in the poor drop rate on awakenings and those reset. Assume in your view awakenings can be done in 3-4 days as well. As i said yes it is possible when you are dishing out money to buy diamonds.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Sky Tower

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 am

BarryAllen wrote:
So 6 resets or 500 diamonds a day is possible for non paying players correct especially if you also factor in the poor drop rate on awakenings and those reset. Assume in your view awakenings can be done in 3-4 days as well. As i said yes it is possible when you are dishing out money to buy diamonds.

Incorrect. I am not dishing out any money to buy diamonds, I did in the past. I get 600+ diamonds per day just by playing the game.

But you are still missing the point. Even if you use way less diamonds, let's say 100 which is super easy to get without buying diamonds, you are multiplying the rate at which you acquire items by 5 (compared to my example of 4 days). Yet getting a gaia stone requires ~8 times more time, compared to the same example. So yes, getting gaia stones will always be slower than items, no matter how many diamonds you use.

Hell, even if you use 0 diamonds you can get items faster than gaia stones, with the guild armory raid drops.
 
BarryAllen
Baron
Baron
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 am
Location: US

Re: Sky Tower

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Explain how you get 600 diamonds a day. And in regards to the stones, also factor in the fact that unless toon is awakened and at least 5 stars all 3 stones cannot be equipped so for those players who may have a Sylphi awakened but 3 star because Lilith is too greedy to put her or Goram in the shops, they can never equip all 3 stones on her until she reaches 5 star which would mean buying her to 5 star. No matter what case you make for the Tower and its rune rewards in reality is took absolutely no thought on the part of Lilith when adding the Rune feature.The game was not lacking additional stats with the fact that there is already equip, enchant, train and forge. They could have put in any other feature and it would have been more useful than Runestones.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Sky Tower

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm

BarryAllen wrote:
Explain how you get 600 diamonds a day.

Arena - 300
Plundering - ~120
Mines - ~150
Monthly diamond card - 120 (optional but is only 2 bucks so, easy to afford)
This alone is 690/day

But there are more:
Roughly once per month there is an update where they give you 200
Roughly once per month there is a double arena rewards event for 3 days, so another 300*3 = 900
Daily Login rewards = 500 per month
These give you an extra 1600 per month, which is an average of 53 per day.

So 690+53 = an average of 743 per day!
Now, let's say you don't buy the monthly card at all, only get 150 per day in the arena and can only dig 2 mines at the same time, then you can get an average of 400 per day. And I'm not taking into account the raid records, each one you beat is 100 diamonds.

And in regards to the stones, also factor in the fact that unless toon is awakened and at least 5 stars all 3 stones cannot be equipped so for those players who may have a Sylphi awakened but 3 star because Lilith is too greedy to put her or Goram in the shops, they can never equip all 3 stones on her until she reaches 5 star which would mean buying her to 5 star.

Sure, but there are a toon of good heroes in the shops to use the stones: Malrath, Octo, Avior, etc, etc. Are you worried that you will fill all your good heroes with stones and still have leftover stones? It will take years to equip everyone... Good slots to use the stones is something you will not be short of.

No matter what case you make for the Tower and its rune rewards in reality is took absolutely no thought on the part of Lilith when adding the Rune feature.The game was not lacking additional stats with the fact that there is already equip, enchant, train and forge. They could have put in any other feature and it would have been more useful than Runestones.

Maybe, that is debatable. I think the runestones are a good idea (not the fact that if you pay a lot you can get gaia stones faster than everyone, but that is another matter). I would prefer a different feature that added something more to the gameplay and would keep us entertained, sure, but those are not mutually exclusive, why not have both?

The tower is supposed to be such a feature and, to be honest, I don't really think it is that great, it adds a bit of strategy but the novelty will wear very fast. I think it is better than the previous tower though but I wish it was something with a more permanent challenge.
 
BarryAllen
Baron
Baron
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 am
Location: US

Re: Sky Tower

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Take away arena factor because the only way you get 300 diamonds is to be #1. Based on the fact that everyone has the same reward time, only 2 players can be #1 (arena, epic arena) and collect 300 gems because again, another way Lilith can be greedy. This should be based around time zones but it is not. In regards to plundering and mines the gem output varies greatly. I have seen times where I can get maybe 25 from a plunder and other times 8. So again back to the average player, they are not collecting 600 gems a day. It is no different than giving someone a team to fight the Sky Fortress. Unless a player had the same 5 toons at the same exact stats plus factor in RNG, never get the same outcome which goes back to the original topic that unless every player at level 100 has at least 15 toons O2 maxed and the right 15 toons, they are not making it through the Sky Fortress so again, who is this designed for? If players had to deal with the same enemy buff in COF they would be done playing this game. All the Fortress is going to do is shy people from playing it or quitting all together. No one wants to play the same level 10 times with no chance of winning it and even if you use your best toons, now you need another set of 5 best toons to pass next stage or next 2 stages. For players who have most of their toons at O2 probably a great feature. For everyone else, just something in the game taking up room and the fact that you have to be at level 100 just goes to show who Lilith is targeting.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Sky Tower

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:43 pm

BarryAllen wrote:
Take away arena factor because the only way you get 300 diamonds is to be #1.

I know, but I also had that in consideration. Even if you are 100th you can still get a decent amount of diamonds per day.
 
User avatar
DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Sky Tower

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:34 pm

You do know gaia stones are useless without essences? I don't farm essences nor I will ever do, sometimes I buy them from stores (which is kind of a waste of diamonds, but well, little by little there is way cheaper than farming them. Still, only runes useful are precious, so until I have 1800 essence, I won't be able to craft any, that takes some time, sometimes the same month it takes for one gaia.
On the other side I ALWAYS am in need of gear. There is never enough O2 gear available for all these heroes, I haven't even gotten last 4-5 heroes (box/cs). The only people that prefer runes are those who already have everyone useful maxed out and with good amount of stars, because guess what (well, you already know), 3* awakened heroes can only have 1 rune, then 4* 2 runes and 5*+ 3 runes. Most of my cs heroes (the useful ones) are 3*, so for me (and maybe most people) at least it is useless to focus on runes.
So, I could guess fine that most people would rather have some GOOD gear than these prices. But yea, the tower per se is great, is finally a challenge, but the prizes are not that appealing. And also, most people will never be able to do the tower because many non-released heroes are mandatory to clear it. I have many of them, although understarred, and I am struggling, which is great, but I am certain I wouldn't be at 8th floor if I didn't have many of those heroes (goram, vulko, sylphi, I don't have Hurok but he is great also).
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Sky Tower

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 pm

DeusEx wrote:
You do know gaia stones are useless without essences? I don't farm essences nor I will ever do, sometimes I buy them from stores (which is kind of a waste of diamonds, but well, little by little there is way cheaper than farming them. Still, only runes useful are precious, so until I have 1800 essence, I won't be able to craft any, that takes some time, sometimes the same month it takes for one gaia.

You *should* farm them. Yes, you need gear but you can get gear from other sources ingame, you can't get essences anywhere else. So it's an easy choice, farm essences. And while you may need a lot of gear after you first reach 100, this will no longer be the case after several months of farming/raids/guild wars/etc. Runestones on the other hand will take you many years in order to fully equip all your heroes. So, again, farm essences.

because guess what (well, you already know), 3* awakened heroes can only have 1 rune, then 4* 2 runes and 5*+ 3 runes. Most of my cs heroes (the useful ones) are 3*, so for me (and maybe most people) at least it is useless to focus on runes.

I already said it before, there are plenty of amazing released heroes for you to work on (malrath, octo, avior, etc). Even if ALL your 15 epic arena heroes were 3* (which would be ridiculous) that would still be 15 runestones to equip. At the rate of 1 precious per month (which you won't even get if you don't farm essences), It will take you more than 1 year just to equip the 3* heroes...

But the prizes are not that appealing.

Not spectacular but, decent. And better than the items from the last tower, which is what some people may not realize at first glance.

And also, most people will never be able to do the tower because many non-released heroes are mandatory to clear it. I have many of them, although understarred, and I am struggling, which is great, but I am certain I wouldn't be at 8th floor if I didn't have many of those heroes (goram, vulko, sylphi, I don't have Hurok but he is great also).

Very few non-released heroes are *mandatory* actually. I think Vulko may be the only one that you really, *really* need in order to finish it. The others you mentioned will make it a lot easier, but not strictly mandatory. I finished many tough stages with super cheap heroes like Ulfang. And Octo/Malrath literally soloed some stages. Even tareth soloed 1 stage :D What you do need is a lot of heroes fully maxed. So the time you have been playing the game is an important factor here.
 
BarryAllen
Baron
Baron
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 am
Location: US

Re: Sky Tower

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:13 pm

You say very few no-released heroes are mandatory. To even stand a chance in Sky Fortress - Sylphi, Goram, Vulko, Sarya, Rayman, Hurok, Prince, Orkon...so at least half of the "not available in any shop" or "you can buy them" toons are needed. The Fortress was only designed for those players who have maxed out their toons and have nothing else to do with them so they can now work on runes. For the other 90% of the players in the game, Fortress is way OP'd. Lot of players lacking the necessary toons to complete it. Not enough chances a day. I have spent days trying to find a working team for 1 stage and burning through 10 chances. Hard to find any team that works when enemy toons have 5x the HP of your own and the fact that any stage that Hurok is the enemy on goes off back to back...never a time is does not have someone silenced. Could also stand better rewards or an option to choose rewards like 3 chest per stage, pick one. Take it for what it is worth but in my opinion Fortress is just more of a frustrating aspect than it is fun. Almost sure if you ask most after playing this a week how they like it they will not say "it is f**king awesome". I think the first 3 words would be a typical response, just think the last word may be something a little more negative.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests