KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: Sky Tower

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm

BarryAllen wrote:
You say very few no-released heroes are mandatory. To even stand a chance in Sky Fortress - Sylphi, Goram, Vulko, Sarya, Rayman, Hurok, Prince, Orkon...so at least half of the "not available in any shop" or "you can buy them" toons are needed.

I don't have Sarya nor Rayman. My Hurok/Vulko are 3*. Sylphi at this point everyone has at least at 3*. I finished the tower days ago.
But I didn't say they weren't very good, I said they weren't strictly *mandatory*. As in, it's not impossible to do whatever you want to do without them.

The Fortress was only designed for those players who have maxed out their toons and have nothing else to do with them so they can now work on runes. For the other 90% of the players in the game, Fortress is way OP'd. Lot of players lacking the necessary toons to complete it. Not enough chances a day. I have spent days trying to find a working team for 1 stage and burning through 10 chances. Hard to find any team that works when enemy toons have 5x the HP of your own and the fact that any stage that Hurok is the enemy on goes off back to back...never a time is does not have someone silenced. Could also stand better rewards or an option to choose rewards like 3 chest per stage, pick one. Take it for what it is worth but in my opinion Fortress is just more of a frustrating aspect than it is fun. Almost sure if you ask most after playing this a week how they like it they will not say "it is f**king awesome". I think the first 3 words would be a typical response, just think the last word may be something a little more negative.

If you have just reached lvl 100 recently of course you aren't going to be able to finish it.

BarryAllen
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:27 pm

But again the point trying to be made is this feature is not intended for the wider audience. Why add something in the game that is only beneficial for some. That would be like putting out an event saying double fragment drops but only level 100. Sort of defeats the purpose.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 pm

BarryAllen wrote:
But again the point trying to be made is this feature is not intended for the wider audience. Why add something in the game that is only beneficial for some. That would be like putting out an event saying double fragment drops but only level 100. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Because not all features are aimed at everyone, they cannot be. How can you implement a feature that is both challenging to a level 10 player and a level 100 player? You can't. But you have to keep the end game players challenged, while the lower level players already have a challenge, to get there...

Chari
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:38 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
BarryAllen wrote:
How can you implement a feature that is both challenging to a level 10 player and a level 100 player? You can't.

So CoF (lvl 30), HoL (lvl 45), guild raid (lvl 40) and if you want, arena (lvl 10) isn't challeging for low lvls and lvls 100? And the previous tower could be enjoyed by everyone, it was not exclusive for lvl 100 Its obvious that Lilith is focusing on the lvls 100 (and VIPs 20) and we can see that in their last updates with the runes and the tower instead of focusing in new ways that everyone could enjoy and have fun. And when I say everyone i mean low lvls, lvls 100 and even FP2.

This system with the runes, the extreme super hiper difficulty in getting through heroic chapters and the tower is basically a way to force people to spend more money to get more CS heroes and to get more * so they can be equipped with runes.

Arclight
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 pm

See it the other way. What else beside daily (brainless) farming for equipment and working on a new hero has a level 100 player to do? The main people leaving the game currently are the level 100 players because of boredom. As a lower player you still enjoy the leveling process, new game modes, different heroes, new fusion levels etc.
To be honest they started too late with implementing endgame stuff. Early servers are dying slowly but steadily. On the other hand new servers are growing like mushrooms.
"Comments reflect the opinion of their authors and in particular are not suitable to justify a legal decision."

「A」rclight
Level 100, 98k rating, 642 stars

Guild leader of

「A」llstars
Server 11-24, 87 wins - 7 loss

BarryAllen
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:10 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
BarryAllen wrote:

Because not all features are aimed at everyone, they cannot be. How can you implement a feature that is both challenging to a level 10 player and a level 100 player? You can't. But you have to keep the end game players challenged, while the lower level players already have a challenge, to get there...

Even if this feature is aimed at level 100 players, what level players would that be? There is not a single toon that can survive the Fortress at O1. Every toon that is used pretty much needs to be O2, fully equipped, enchanted, trained. I have gone up against some of these teams and my 7 star maxed toons get the floor wiped with them. Levels that have 3 stages to them means you need the right 15 toons to pass them and that really means you need at least 25 toons maxed. Lilith can make the Fortress challenging without making it so far out of balance. Enemy ultimate goes off first, their HP has to be 5x more than the actual toon. In one level Kong's clones are stronger that HOL Kong. In my opinion, do not see it as a challenge. Would be like 2 good baseball teams going up against each other but spotting the away team 5 runs.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Amen! +1