User avatar
Turtle
Squire
Squire
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 am

Lately we haven't seen balance improvements to older heroes, so I hope by raising the topic with some suggestions we can see these return, as some of them were really nice. If you have any suggestions or don't like any of the ones here feel free to add your own. This time I will only add suggestions for heroes who already have an awakening available. As we saw with Osiris/Sumiko/Vernos etc, a good awakening can bring any hero back from the dead, so let's hope Lilith keeps giving good awakenings to the older heroes without them.

In Alphabetical Order:

Aqua
4th skill - Elemental Protection - Increase the magic armour buff to 3 per level, to be more in line with other hero's buffs of this type. (+300 magic armour at level 100)

5th skill - Rehydrate - If Aqua reaches full energy while this ability is in use, force him to cancel this ability and use his ult.


Arachna
4th skill - Toxic Spine - For each enemy taking damage from this skill (including illusions, clones, and summoned units), increase Arachna's physical armour by 2 per level. (At level 100, this would be 200 physical armour for each enemy being damaged by Toxic Spine)


Arcturus
4th skill - Frozen Flames - Fix the DOT on this skill. At level 102 this skill states "Deals a base of 612 damage. Deals a base of 306 damage per second for 4 seconds" however the DOT portion is not doing any damage. Fixing this will triple this skill's damage output.

5th skill - Ice Blockade - The heal is worthless. All it does it make a hero (that can't do anything) immortal for 5 seconds. Currently heals about 4k health.. increase this to something more notable such as 20k.


Ariel
Ultimate skill - Flower Power - When awakened, for every enemy hit increase the chance to trigger a shield by an additional 5% per hit. With the suggested buff to her 5th skill below it would work something like this: The first enemy hit would have a 10% chance to trigger a shield, the second enemy hit would have a 15% chance to trigger a shield, the third enemy hit would have a 20% chance to trigger a shield, the fourth enemy hit would have a 25% chance to trigger a shield and the fifth enemy hit would have a 30% chance to trigger a shield. Ignore clones, summoned units and illusions. This would make her hard to kill early in the battle with a full battlefield, but in a 1v1 or as the battlefield thins out she will still be just as easy to kill as she is right now. For reference, if my math is correct, the chance of her getting 5 shields with 1 ultimate is 0.0225% or somewhere around 1/4500, it's not as strong as it sounds.

2nd skill - Radiant Orb - Whenever the orb from this skill reaches the end of the screen, instead of disappearing have the orb continue back from the other side of the screen over and over until Ariel takes damage equal to or greater than 0.2% per level of her max health. (Example, if the orb is flying right, when the orb flies off the screen, reappear on the left side and continue flying right until she has taken enough damage to cancel the orb) (At level 100 Ariel will only need to take 20% of her max health as damage to stop the orb from continuously reappearing and damaging enemies)

5th skill - Multi-Shield - Increase the chance for Ariel to trigger an additional shield from 5% at level 100 to 10%.


Avior
4th skill - Dragonscale Armor - For each stack of armour, allow Avior to regenerate some health. My suggestion is 5hp per level per stack (at level 100, this would restore 500 health per second, per stack. If you look closely in battle, Avior rarely stays above 2 stacks of armour, so this wouldn't be as strong as it sounds)

5th skill - Grip of Mortality - This skill is a joke. Siphon Attack speed from the targeted enemy, making it even more difficult for said enemy to make a comeback once they've been targeted by Avior. (Dazz's suggestion)


Cyana
Ultimate skill - Toxic Blast - Fix this ability. At level 107 it states "Deals a base of 1070 damage. Deals a base of 540 damage per second for 5 seconds". Currently the DOT after her ult's initial hit isn't working.


Dokras
3rd skill - Entangle - Remove a basic attack from his attack rotation and make him cast this skill one extra time. With enough attack speed boost this may allow him to keep a single target entangled close to permanently.

4th skill - Spirit's Protection - Decrease magic resistance from 0.3% per level to 0.2% per level and add 0.2% physical resistance per level as well. (Instead of 30% magic resistance at level 100, he would have 20% magic and 20% physical resistance)


Dr. Zeno
Ultimate skill - Cerebral Fire - On top of increasing his attack stats, increase his physical hit bonus by 2 per level. Currently he struggles to hit any front liners in "machine gun mode" due to the fact that the majority of his items are magic based. (At level 100, this would increase his physical hit bonus by 200 each time his ult is used) Also, increase the base damage of his physical attacks.

2nd skill - Laser Cannon - Increase damage on this skill.

3rd skill - Corrosive Slime - Increase the explosion radius on this to hit more mid-line heroes.

4th skill - Mental Forcefield - Add a protective shield that instantly restores 0.1% per level of magic damage taken as health. (At level 100, this would allow allies to restore 10% of magic damage taken as health. Example, an ally takes 10k magic damage, they will instantly receive a heal for 1k)


Elric
Ultimate skill - Dragon Strike - Triple the amount of damage this does, and fix the delay before this ability is used. Even when Elric is not under any crowd control effects, he usually uses at least 1 basic attack before using his ult in automatic/arena mode. This has been around for a very long time.

5th skill - Engraved Blade - Double the additional damage that can be dealt by the green blade. If you aren't willing to increase the damage of his ult, remove the red blade as it currently just makes him worse.


Enrique
4th skill - Heroic Ode - Absolutely useless. Rework the skill entirely. My personal suggestion would be making this aura increasing healing effects (not lifesteal) on all allies by 0.5% per level with a base of 30% at level 1. End game healing needs serious help. (30% at level 1, 80% at level 100)

5th skill - Song of Healing - Like Arcturus' heal, it sucks and isn't noticeable. Change this to be a ~10k heal on nearby allies over a few seconds at level 100.


Ethera
Ultimate skill - Event Horizon - Either this is *still* bugged or the description needs to be changed. It states "All enemies may be frozen in time" yet still freezes allies.

3rd skill - Dimensional Shift - Instead of increasing energy, increase her attack by 2 per level, per dodge until the end of the wave/battle. (At level 100, her attack would increase by 200 per dodge)

5th skill - Wormhole - Increase the trigger chance from 20% to 25%. Can't think of many heroes that do less than 10k damage per hit these days anyways.


Havoc
Ultimate skill - Dark Sacrifice - Increase the amount of magic and physical armour given by this ability. The ability does not state how much the boost is, but it isn't noticeable right now.

5th skill - Final Gift - Increase the amount of energy transferred to 3 per level instead of 1.5. (Transfers 300 energy at level 100 instead of 150)


Kaneq
4th skill - Frostbite - Rework this skill, Kaneq already has very high crit rating, therefore this skill does nothing. My suggestion would be to have an aura, increasing damage dealt to slowed enemies by 0.3% per level and damage against frozen enemies by 0.7% per level. (30% for slowed enemies at level 100, 70% for frozen enemies)


Killjoy
2nd skill - Elemental Sphere - Cast this ability more frequently (remove a basic attack from his sequence) and allow it to stack an infinite number of times. Even stacking twice the damage is hardly noticeable.

3rd skill - Puppet Master - When bringing a mid or back-line enemy to the front line, stun them for a short period to ensure they will take some hits before escaping.

4th skill - Taunt - As well as lowering the enemies magic armour, also lower their magic resistance by 0.1% per level (this would make the enemy take 10% more magic damage at level 100)

5th skill - Doppelganger Bonus - On top of restoring health for every doppelganger formed, increase Killjoy's magic attack for every doppelganger on the field, or increase Killjoy's physical and magic armour for every doppelganger on the field.


Konrad
Ultimate skill - Potion Master - Increase damage reduction to Konrad from 40% to 50% and allow this ability to be cast while under control effects. His biggest issue is he has full energy while his health is still above half.. but by the time he starts casting he's almost dead and the ultimate never triggers.

3rd skill - Oil Slick - Increase magic armour reduction duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.


Li Twins
All skills - Allow Li Twins to heal themselves. Currently they will not heal themselves in their joined form, and while split the white twin will only heal the black twin.

5th skill - Divine Talent - Increase ability effectiveness to 25% at level 100 and have every 3rd ability effect an additional enemy, rather than every 4th.


Mortus
Ultimate skill - Reaper's Scythe - Increase the threshold for additional damage from 30% to 50%. (instead of dealing 1.5x damage to enemies below 30% health, deal 1.5x damage to enemies below 50% health)

2nd skill - Veil of Shadows - Double the amount of energy this skill drains, to be more in line with Adeline's drain. Currently, at level 100 this skill drains 71 energy. Adeline drains 145 energy and heals off the hit.

3rd skill - Hypnotize - Remove a basic attack from Mortus' attack rotation and add an additional Hypnotize.

5th skill - Arcane Ritual - Remove the time limit on his boost, allow it to stack and last for the remainder of the battle/wave. 6 seconds attack boost for a killing blow does nothing in a battle.


Namtar
Ultimate skill - Strafing Strike - Double the base damage of this skill, if this skill kills an enemy, give Namtar an additional stack on his 5th skill if it's unlocked.

2nd skill - Demonic Slash - Double the base damage of this skill, if this skill kills an enemy.


Sagar
3rd skill - High Voltage - Increase the duration of this stun, newer heroes have surpassed his crowd control abilities while dealing more damage than him.

4th skill - Electric Field - Increase the reduction in magic armour from 0.5 per level to 2 per level (200 magic armour reduction at level 100). 50 armour reduction does nothing against the majority of heroes.

5th skill - Static Shock - Increase the chance for static shocks to trigger, or make it a much stronger effect by increasing the physical and magic armour reduction from 1 per level to 3 per level (300 at level 100).


Selene
Ultimate skill - Celestial Ray - Increase damage by 15-20%, it's decent but overshadowed by many newer heroes. Also, add a blind effect to the enemy hit for a few seconds.

2nd skill - Crescent Burst - Increase damage significantly, it's always been weak, or remove one of her basic attacks from her attack rotation and cast this skill an additional time for extra crowd control. (currently she goes: Basic - Crescent Burst - Lunar Orb - Basic - Repeat)

3rd skill - Lunar Orb - Change attack rotation making this the first attack she does instead of the third attack.


Serafine
Ultimate skill - Righteous Wrath - Like Dot Arena, every crit from her ult should fire 1 javelin from her Blazing Javelins skill.

2nd skill - Blazing Javelins - Like Dot Arena, every crit from this skill should fire 1 additional javelin (giving potential to double her damage output from this skill)

4th skill - Radiant Rune - Increase the magic armour reduction from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.


Shirley
Ultimate skill - Meat Hook - In automatic mode (arena), skip the "picking a target" part of her ult. Target the enemy with lowest HP. When pulling a target toward Shirley, damage any enemies hit by the enemy being dragged. Allow the damage from this skill to trigger the DOT from her awakening skill, Infectious Fog.

3rd skill - Manic Chop - If this ability kills an enemy, allow Shirley receive an additional heal, equal to 20-30% of the dead hero's max HP.


Slim
Ultimate skill - Magnum - After hitting an enemy, explode, dealing aoe damage (like his DOT Arena ult)

3rd skill - Flaming Bolt - Add a short disarm to this skill to give him some crowd control.

4th skill - Eagle Eye - Increase this from 4 crit rating per level to 6, to match newer heroes (Mog's 4th skill provides 6 magic crit rating per level)

5th skill - Armour Piercing Rounds - Increase the maximum amount of additional damage this skill can do. Hurok + Slim could be a great pair if this skill actually did good damage.


Tholin
Ultimate skill - Barbaric Roar - Double the base damage or make it AOE instead of single target, right now it's his worst skill.

2nd skill - Beast Master - Increase the base attack speed of his wolverines by 10%, allowing him to do a bit more dps and feed more energy once awakened.


Vespix
2nd skill - Slow Poison - This ability should be used twice as often as it is now, he has poor survivability and damage output without this skill inflicted on multiple enemies.

5th skill - Side Effect - Double (at the minimum) the heal this skill provides. He doesn't have enough survivability in his kit to even come close to comparing to more recent heroes.

Vincent
Ultimate skill - Blood Sacrifice - His last buff was very good, but currently there is an issue where he will sometimes ult in a direction where there are no enemies, doing no damage and getting no heals. There's no reason his ult can't hit the entire battlefield (both directions), like HOL Vincent. This would make it so you wouldn't have to waste time fixing this bug either.
Last edited by Turtle on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Salad
Squire
Squire
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:48 am

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:54 am

Thanks Turtle. These are all genius ideas. This post must be brought to the developers attention. They are realistic changes that will make the game more competitive.
 
Snarrow
Squire
Squire
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:40 am

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

You need to add ulfang :)
 
User avatar
Turtle
Squire
Squire
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 am

Didn’t add heroes that don’t have an awakening as they can easily be buffed with a strong awakening. Think of Osiris/sumiko/vernos etc
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 am

You are mistaken about Grip of Mortality, and so are a lot of people it seems. That skill is great, forget the damage, what it does is prevent enemies from healing by a LOT. Check the difference when an enemy has malrath, you have avior and one of your heroes dies. Malrath regen will be a joke.
 
User avatar
Turtle
Squire
Squire
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am

I know it does that, but with over 100 heroes and the ideal vision of them all being semi-useful somewhere, having a skill that is useful in very very few situations is underwhelming.

Vincent does the same thing to every hero he touches, as well as having the potential to turn them into mini bats, healing him.

My theory is if his skill is already doing the same job as Vincent’s but half as good, he needs something more added to his kit.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 am

Turtle wrote:
I know it does that, but with over 100 heroes and the ideal vision of them all being semi-useful somewhere, having a skill that is useful in very very few situations is underwhelming.

Vincent does the same thing to every hero he touches, as well as having the potential to turn them into mini bats, healing him.

My theory is if his skill is already doing the same job as Vincent’s but half as good, he needs something more added to his kit.

There is a big difference here, Vincent is a piece of crap in the arena while Avior is a very good hero.
 
User avatar
Dazz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 am

Only going to comment on heroes I know/like. These are my opinions not trying to state anything as fact. I feel that most buffs though should just be to the base stats of most heroes though, as a lot of the core problems lie there.

Turtle wrote:
Arcturus
5th skill - Ice Blockade - The heal is worthless. All it does it make a hero (that can't do anything) immortal for 5 seconds. Currently heals about 4k health.. increase this to something more notable such as 20k.


Instead of just flat buffing the number, make it percentage. 2% +.1% per level(6% max) a second healing over 5 seconds. This way when it hits a tank it's good, but it won't just full heal a dps.

Turtle wrote:
Avior
5th skill - Grip of Mortality - This skill is a joke. At level 100 it does 160 damage over 8 seconds. 20 damage per second.... Increase this substantially (at least 1000 damage per second, and only allow this skill to trigger once per wave/arena match, similar to Arcturus' awakening skill.)


Dots are insanely under-tuned in this game, but I agree with Kemosabe that damage isn't it's main purpose. Honestly I would like to see more utility tacked on to it more than anything. Maybe slowly drain the Attack Speed of the enemy. 1% a second. If gives Avior something he wants, the ability to attack faster, while also simulating that the person is slowly having everything drained from them with no hope of coming back.

Turtle wrote:
Mortus
Ultimate skill - Reaper's Scythe - Increase the threshold for additional damage from 30% to 50%. (instead of dealing 1.5x damage to enemies below 30% health, deal 1.5x damage to enemies below 50% health)

2nd skill - Veil of Shadows - Double the amount of energy this skill drains, to be more in line with Adeline's drain. Currently, at level 100 this skill drains 71 energy. Adeline drains 145 energy and heals off the hit.

3rd skill - Hypnotize - Remove a basic attack from Mortus' attack rotation and add an additional Hypnotize.

5th skill - Arcane Ritual - Remove the time limit on his boost, allow it to stack and last for the remainder of the battle/wave. 6 seconds attack boost for a killing blow does nothing in a battle.


I love all these

Turtle wrote:
Namtar
Ultimate skill - Strafing Strike - Double the base damage of this skill, if this skill kills an enemy, give Namtar an additional stack on his 5th skill if it's unlocked.

2nd skill - Demonic Slash - Double the base damage of this skill, if this skill kills an enemy.


Care to elaborate more on Demonic Slash?

Turtle wrote:
Shirley
Ultimate skill - Meat Hook - In automatic mode (arena), skip the "picking a target" part of her ult. Target the enemy with lowest HP. When pulling a target toward Shirley, damage any enemies hit by the enemy being dragged. Allow the damage from this skill to trigger the DOT from her awakening skill, Infectious Fog.

3rd skill - Manic Chop - If this ability kills an enemy, allow Shirley receive an additional heal, equal to 20-30% of the dead hero's max HP.


I would like to see more illusion killers than just Sylphi/Hurok, and I feel like Shirley can be one. Have Manic Chop instant kill illusion/summons and give a healing bonus like the one you stated.

Turtle wrote:
Tholin
Ultimate skill - Barbaric Roar - Double the base damage or make it AOE instead of single target, right now it's his worst skill.

2nd skill - Beast Master - Increase the base attack speed of his wolverines by 10%, allowing him to do a bit more dps and feed more energy once awakened.


Doesn't his 4th skill already do this? If it doesn't it should always affect his wolves. Roar should also hit every enemy infront of his target and push them behind the target. The Target should always be a Mid or Back Line hero.

Turtle wrote:
Vincent
Ultimate skill - Blood Sacrifice - His last buff was very good, but currently there is an issue where he will sometimes ult in a direction where there are no enemies, doing no damage and getting no heals. There's no reason his ult can't hit the entire battlefield (both directions), like HOL Vincent. This would make it so you wouldn't have to waste time fixing this bug either.


Yes please.
 
User avatar
Turtle
Squire
Squire
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:52 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Turtle wrote:
I know it does that, but with over 100 heroes and the ideal vision of them all being semi-useful somewhere, having a skill that is useful in very very few situations is underwhelming.

Vincent does the same thing to every hero he touches, as well as having the potential to turn them into mini bats, healing him.

My theory is if his skill is already doing the same job as Vincent’s but half as good, he needs something more added to his kit.

There is a big difference here, Vincent is a piece of crap in the arena while Avior is a very good hero.

Why do you think Vincent sucks? Since his last buff he is much better, I use him in regular and epic arena and have no troubles sitting in top 10, the server I’m on is no joke either. The only issue I have with him is when he ults in a direction where there are no enemies.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Hero Balance Suggestions V2

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Turtle wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
Turtle wrote:
I know it does that, but with over 100 heroes and the ideal vision of them all being semi-useful somewhere, having a skill that is useful in very very few situations is underwhelming.

Vincent does the same thing to every hero he touches, as well as having the potential to turn them into mini bats, healing him.

My theory is if his skill is already doing the same job as Vincent’s but half as good, he needs something more added to his kit.

There is a big difference here, Vincent is a piece of crap in the arena while Avior is a very good hero.

Why do you think Vincent sucks? Since his last buff he is much better, I use him in regular and epic arena and have no troubles sitting in top 10, the server I’m on is no joke either. The only issue I have with him is when he ults in a direction where there are no enemies.

He is better now for sure, but he still has the same problem he had before, absolutely horrible physical defense, this makes him way too circumstantial especially in the current physical meta. In any case Avior is a very viable arena hero.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests