Geadaan
Squire
Squire

Re: Nightmare Crucible VIP 2x

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 pm

So the event is saying that VIP get more drops even though we can't do 2x runs. I didn't really see that though. I'll pay more attention today but it just seemed like it was just twice the drops like if I had done normal CoF twice

*edited*
So today I watched closer. I seemed to be getting a lot more drops today than yesterday. I was only getting double drops not 4 drops like I did today. Gold I'm still on the fence. It was higher I guess But I don't know that it was substantially more than 2x normal runs.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:49 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
To everyone saying that Nightmare is "2x the rewards of normal", this is completely not true, it is a lot more than that. From my run last night I estimate it to be about 4x normal for people that are not VIP, and double that (8x normal) for people who are high enough VIP. My last chest had 12 items for example (they were all crap but that is besides the point).

01: 148716 2x xp vial, 2x random
02: 156288 2x flora SS, 2x random
03: 169900 4x blue, 4x random [200 coins]
04: 300000 2x purple, 2x random
05: 307218 2x blue, 2x random
06: 311642 4x blue, 4x random [400 coins]
07: 469550 2xp xp salve, 2x random
08: 470238 4x random
09: 487112 2x m. dust, 6x random [600 coins]
10: 653042 2x blue, 2x random
11: 653128 4x random
12: 674340 2xblue, 6x random [600 coins]
13: 844382 2x blue, 2x random
14: 849308 2x flora SS, 2x random
15: 884396 2x purple, 10x blue [800 coins]

So I was wrong... but not as wrong as you...

I end up with the exact same amount of gold I would have gotten with 2 normal CoF runs. I end up with 2x the amount of CoF coins I would have normally gotten. (But we already came to that conclusion and that makes it just a very shitty double cof coins event)
Then before the nerf on CoF the item rewards were already doubled so they nerfed them back and now we end up with 2x item rewards aswell. (However if you take into account the 1st day of the new CoF then we end up with just the same as 2 normal CoF runs.

So even if give you that, we end up with item rewards x2 in all stages and x4 in stage 15 (although pre nerf stage 15 would actually reward a random hero card with a 100% droprate)

So I do not know where you pull that x4 or x8 from Kemo.... but it is just not true. (I am vip 12 so pretty sure that's not it.)

gold rewards the same
2 x cof coins
and depending how you look at it x2 items

So just like I said yesterday, it's just a double coin event that comes with HUGE disadvantages. The risk/time is not worth the reward but the problem is, that even if you do normal cof you only get 1 run... as on my other account the reset didn't work and I deffo choose normal.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Rashar wrote:
So even if give you that, we end up with item rewards x2 in all stages and x4 in stage 15 (although pre nerf stage 15 would actually reward a random hero card with a 100% droprate)

So I do not know where you pull that x4 or x8 from Kemo.... but it is just not true. (I am vip 12 so pretty sure that's not it.)

You got 10 blue items and 2 purple from last stage and you think that is 2x the normal drops??? Right... When the event ends check again what you get. My numbers may be inaccurate, my number was kinda arbitrary, but it is definitely more than 2x.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 pm

You only read what you want to read.

I said stage 15 gives x4 but it is the only stage that does. But it used to give a 100% gauranteed hero card before the nerf.

Other stages give x2... if you do not take into account that they actually nerfed it a day after it came out.

the gold is the same... and that is what the people need.

So the increase in difficulty and the rewards are not proportional.

It's nice to get some extra items... but if you add shit to shit it will still be shit.

If the gold was x2 or x4 or x8 well yeah then were talking... but with the same amount of gold and some extra shitty items.... its a double coin event with major disadvantages...

you can try and add a layer of gold to a turd... but it's still a turd.

Also if you do normal, you still only get 1 run... atleast yesterday I did get that,

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Rashar wrote:
I said stage 15 gives x4 but it is the only stage that does.

Not exactly. I am getting 4 items on first stage, the previous 2 days I got 1 item. The subsequent stages follow similar patterns although I don't have much data to compare.

But it used to give a 100% gauranteed hero card before the nerf.

Most definitely not the case. I only ever got a card at all (not just on the last stage) ONCE since they introduced the difficulty button.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:38 pm

yeah u get 4 items... and normally with 2 runs u would get 2 items... 2 x 2 is 4... so it is only a times 2. (prenerf it was 2 items per stage aswell.)

When it comes to the last stage me and my guildies and people who I have on social media that also play this game all got hero cards from stage 15 the day they introduced it, the next day the fun was over. I got a Tholim on main account and a Boreas on alt account.

So yeah 2 runs is normally 2 items... u now u get 4... while prenerf it was 4 aswell... so like I said at best it's double items... so I stick to what I said its a shitty double coin event with at best more shitty items for a whole lot more trouble and hero managing. Aka risk/time reward ratio is bad.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Rashar wrote:
yeah u get 4 items... and normally with 2 runs u would get 2 items... 2 2 is 4... so it is only a times 2. (prenerf it was 2 items per stage aswell.)

I thought you were meaning that it was x2 compared to the normal drop rate. which would make it exactly the same as a normal run. That is not the case, now whether the multiplier is x2 or x4 or whatever I can't tell.

When it comes to the last stage me and my guildies and people who I have on social media that also play this game all got hero cards from stage 15 the day they introduced it, the next day the fun was over. I got a Tholim on main account and a Boreas on alt account.

Anecdotal evidence. A friend just got 6 cards in today's run.

Rashar
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm

It's obviously a x2 multiplier on stage 1-14 and a x4 multiplier on stage 15 compared when doing 2 normal cof runs.

If you compare totals:

You get the same amount of gold.
You get x 2 coins
You get x 2 items 1-14 and x4 on stage 15

However the items are garbage and do not warrant that increase in difficulty... we already have double coin events so all we get is x2 items that still have the same bad droprate as always,

So in the end you have 20 more items, 2xcof coins and the same amount of gold. How does that warrant the "disadvantage" they put in... I would have been happier with a double cof coin event seeing as that saves me a ton of time and all I miss out on is 20 items that can vary from grey to hero cards but I am sure we can agree that the chances of getting anything worthwhile are so low that the they are neglectible.

If they would have actually increased the droprates or made is so that stage 15 is a guaranteed card drop or better quality items... then yes this 2 day event would be a nice challenge with a nice reward.

I just see missed opportunities, especially with the lack of communication... basicly... there is no communication...

We get a new cof... everyone is excited however not mentioned in patch notes.
1 day later cof is nerfed, double gold remains but items and droprates back to shit, no communication... people spirits are back down and the increase in gold is barely enough to pay for the new sylphi SS, pet Skills and to keep up with the last week of November hero madness.
roughly a week later we get a "nightmare" cof event that gives us double coins and 20 more items... yet again no communication...

The challenge was nice and real... but if they want me to plow through roughly 4-5 Petros teams that include vulkos huroks and whatnot they better make it so the reward is equal to that.

I am sure I dont need to tell you that a good petros team will frustrate even the hardiest of whales. :) When you face them back to back or need to fight 4-5 in 15 stages it is very hard to make sure you get to the end. It requires just about 2-3 more time then usual due to resets and making sure sylphies and/or your vulkos end wirh full energy.

So I toned down my language a bit but this event makes me pretty unhappy... as I would be perfectly ok with NOT doing nightmare and just do my regular 2 normal runs. HOWEVER they made it so that during the event I have no reset... regardless of which difficulty I choose... so the choise is an illusion which means I am forced to run nightmare for 20 lousy items and double coins in which I can swim.

Slyrk
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:28 pm

I agree that the event is pointless. It's just a restatement of a double dragonscale event (with doubled amount of shitty items for enchanting). And it doesn't really get more difficult either because you can always leave the battle and come back. What's the point?

My idea for a "hell mode" of CoF would be that you cannot just quit battles and restart them. Of course it would need to be tested if the starting energy of the opposing team would have to be lowered so you don't run into immediate ultimates of Vulkos, Huroks and Orkons all the time. And, most importantly, the rewards would need to commensurate, like both a 3* hero card and a guaranteed O+1/O+2 item. Now that would get me excited.

Bayerz
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Yeah compared to people who have P2W heros... you can't get past them!
Guild Elder of ALLIANCE
#1 Guild on server 301 KONG