Geadaan
Squire
Squire

So uh, can we have a better January?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 am

Let's be honest. December just came out to be a really bad month for the game. Now i know people complain all the time, that's always a given. But I feel like I've noticed a higher rate of complaints this month, on forums, discord and social media. The top 3 have all been rounded out to greed, any post you see lately uses that word.

The top 3 things I've seen have been
#1 a very underwhelming Christmas event. I think people were expecting something useful. A purple egg, more diamonds, a more useful hero or even a better buying event. We didnt recieve anything that cant be gotten with a little farming. That leads me to the next
#2 people have pointed out how prices have been inflated dramatically. Though the only big change has been the top tier prices, it still worries people that only buy lower tiers that soon those prices will follow. Now this issue has been addressed by a forum admin and he said the prices should be fixed soon. However even with the 'normal' prices 1 hero 7 star should not cost as much as 2 full AAA titled games. This is a mobile game, it's low graphics, much less work than consules games yet if you wish to be competitive costs more than a new TV or easily a month worth of rent or mortgage.
#3 the newly changed gold in CoF. Sure it is claimed to have been a bug and everyone wants bugs to be fixed. But at the same time people thought the increase (bug) was on purpose to help players purchase the newly added heroes that cost 2 million gold per 5 fragments. An idea that I myself thought was done on purpose too, but am sadly mistaken at having a lowered rate.

Back to the main point. Let's try to take these criticisms and make January a much better and fruitful month for the players. We need it to be as much as Lillith needs it to be, a continuing trend of server merges every month would imply that population growth is down and though it was claimed that the game is doing fine. I point made by the fact that they recently partnered with DC, recent actions do say otherwise.

So please Lillith. From someone who enjoys your game and wishes to continue to do so. Start off the new year right and listen to the players. Greed is not a good color on anyone.

stitchpullerx
Squire
Squire

Re: So uh, can we have a better January?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:26 am

I hope so. Greed is a good word here. I have played SH from the beginning. I have spent WAY WAY too much on the game. Another game.. one that copied SH started out the same...greed...greeed.greeed. Then.. they kinda got their shit together. Now, if you spend 4,000 gems to GET a new character, you have ways to keep adding stones to get it 5 stars. They have ( almost ) monthly events, giving tons of free stones, and boosts. If you spend, they give a double purchase award. Some things still are terrible, but they finally got the " lets make VIP WORTH it" Lilith has taken the opposite path. Spend 40,000 gems, get a character at 3 stars, and have NO WAY of adding stars unless you pay in increments of $45.00 US-$+99.00. for.each.star. SH has become less fun. i still get the monthly card, still log in daily.. but with 2 characters each month, and no way but $money$ to level them up.. it's going to go away. sad. i'm VIP 13, and just got my daughter to start playing. she wants batman. i just can't justify spending more. Lilith needs a rework, and a re-evaluation. they are the originators, but have become the most greedy company with no real rewards i have EVER seen. i now put aside my mortgage each month, with several envelops. Those are the "spend where you want"ones. i used to have one for soul hunters. i now am using money i saved for this game back into books, ps4s, and other things that last. this is a sinking greedy ship

stitchpullerx
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:34 am

ps, i don't want to sound negative. i TRULY loved this game, but the dynamic of SPEND to enjoy, especially after many of us have spent what amounts to several thousand dollars to support a developer, and game we enjoy has just left me with a very bitter taste.

LILITH: STOP with the 2 new characters a month. we have NO realistic way to upgrade them, let alone keep up with collecting all of them. CONCENTRATE on new features, making ALL players, not just VIPS feeling like you care about more than our wallets. You used to be the hottest chick around. worth buying a ring for. ....now... you panhandle, and demand more and more money for ....so very little.

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 am

Hi guys,

I appreciate all the feedback and understand your complaints. For the rewards I hope you all can enjoy the New Year Rewards we will send soon. :) Regarding other issues the team is working to improve the game and make some changes soon.

Geadaan
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:48 pm

And I want to add that the new year event was good! The gold items for soulstones was a great gift. Thank you for stepping up there and listening to players.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Baron
Baron

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:01 pm

and its just got shit again.

Geadaan
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Ok so to keep this updated, because I feel it's important.

The gems for 2018 was a nice idea. Though I am told you did it last year (so while not original, still it's a nice bonus).

The purchase packages for tsuki and miriah were still so high priced. $399 package? That's insane and more than I spend on food in 2 months.

The new double purchase package. Let's be honest, it's a joke. You just put a bandaid over a stab wound and called it a day. Yes I am glad you are offering cheaper priced packages, but the point was that in order to stay competitive in the game you are requiring people to buy packages like the $399 one. These $.99 package for extra purple item does nothing to combat the extreme pay to win model you have. Nothing. You would still need to spend $400 a month+ Just to keep up.

I always put off reviewing games because I like to see how they grow. This one is the longest one I've put off because my opinion changes so much. But now I will be reviewing and I won't mention if the game is good or not. Just how any new player needs to be prepared with a second mortgage if they want to get anywhere far in the game and let them decide based on that.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Actually, not to defend this game, but F2P players are the only ones that have gotten a good gameplay improvement in the game.
They can stay competitive since the box heroes have been so great, the downfall is for the casual spenders, they are the most fucked of all. They have enough resets for stamina and for awakening frags that they (included me) use them to speed up the awakening of heroes that they don't have enough diamonds for box heroes and much less for CS heroes, so they only get the free new login hero per month, being just carried over by F2P players.
Big whales will remain at the top nevertheless, but now F2P players can easily take down most casual spenders at end game. I haven't spent in a year now and am actually fucked in arenas because I don't have any hero since march, only the monthly ones, so Hurok, Adeline, Sarya, Salus, Gremor, all those and more are fucking every hero there is even at low stars (specially Hurok).

The only thing at the moment, well, one of the things that is screwed up is that they don't release heroes steadily and putting them in Black Market and Peddlers is shit and at those costs now that gold is zero because of the pets and that they "FIXED" the double gold bug from CoF.

You shouldn't be focusing on what they sell, but instead of what they don't give us yet.

decado
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 am

I get the impression we do focus on both the packages sold in the shops and what is available in the game shops (via different currencies). There are specific topics on the forum where you can find shame list (such as heroes not yet released that should have been added to the game shops).

Sometimes you get the impression that most of the forum users are here to complain - wonder why? ;)