Rodda
Squire
Squire

Exchange rates USD > Aus

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:15 am

Currently if I purchase $49.99 USD in game it is costing me $71.99 AUS, but if I convert $49.99 USD into Aus it is only $62.48. Why are Aussies being ripped off and getting almost $10 surcharge especially for a purely online game with no physical distribution costs?

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Re: Exchange rates USD > Aus

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 am

Rodda wrote:
Currently if I purchase $49.99 USD in game it is costing me $71.99 AUS, but if I convert $49.99 USD into Aus it is only $62.48. Why are Aussies being ripped off and getting almost $10 surcharge especially for a purely online game with no physical distribution costs?

Because Lilith are greedy cunning bastards. Hang on to your Aussie battlers mate, don't give them your hard earned cash. The game is dying a slow, miserable death.
Never Bite The Hand That Feeds You
Current Primary Deck: Nilya, Sylphi, Kong, Malrath, Goram
Current Secondary Deck: Firehawk, Jasmine, Taurus, Tashi, Elric

Sylphi
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:50 am

Lilth have no control of the converting of cash, if you do really think that they are "cheating" then I would highly recommened you go talk to google or whoever is the onwer of the APP store. But if you guy were to blame something in which no one in the company of Lilith has no control of is BS. I'm talking about you @LoneWolf. No campany would want more moneys on certain countries just so they could continued on running their game. PLEASE USE YOUR BRAIN NEXT TIME!.

JerenSoon
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 am

Rodda wrote:

Try look at this one: https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 8000?hl=en

Due to tax laws in Australia, Google is responsible for determining, charging, and remitting 10% GST to the appropriate authority for all Google Play Store paid app and in-app purchases made by customers in Australia.

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A

decado
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 am

It is not Australia only, same happens to maaaaany countries. However, there has been a slight change not so long ago and the rates have dropped in our favour (customers) i.e. I am now paying 4,5 for 1 USD compared to 5,0 previously (real rate being 3,38).

Lilith can't do much about it, Google and Apple are greedy here.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:56 am

JerenSoon wrote:
Rodda wrote:

Due to tax laws in Australia, Google is responsible for determining, charging, and remitting 10% GST to the appropriate authority for all Google Play Store paid app and in-app purchases made by customers in Australia.

The 10% GST is fine, we accept that, however the amount here appears to be more than 10%.
Never Bite The Hand That Feeds You
Current Primary Deck: Nilya, Sylphi, Kong, Malrath, Goram
Current Secondary Deck: Firehawk, Jasmine, Taurus, Tashi, Elric

JerenSoon
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 am

LoneWolf wrote:
JerenSoon wrote:
Rodda wrote:

The 10% GST is fine, we accept that, however the amount here appears to be more than 10%.

You might think about it; exchange rates (buy/sell), some revenue flow to Google Play, Taxes, etc...
Those will affect the Money by default as USD is preferred and dominant Currencies.

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A