rhy
Squire
Squire

Guild War Team Build Help :>

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 am

Hi guys! I was wondering if I could get some help/ suggestions for guild war team setups. The next heroes I'm working on are orkon, sarya, and octo. If I could get suggestions for the heroes I currently have however I would greatly appreciate the help. Teams need to be +1/+2 gold(orange) for guild req. Thank you!!

Edit: I explained why my account is in such apparent disarray below in the comments if understanding that matters as to whether you're willing to help!
Also, Here are links of screenshots from the enchanter's screen if that's more palatable.
https://i.imgur.com/zp5Vvea.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/05Rn6di.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fW4Xg9B.jpg

Last edited by rhy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Re: Guild War Team Build Help :>

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Well, I see a lot of heroes on your shot (over 70). At L100, you should have an idea of some teams to form.

So my suggestion is to go to your Guild Wars screen. Touch one of the three forts that your guild has. There will be a list of your guild members that have teams on that path. Find a player that you think is good and touch their icon. It will now show all the teams that player has on the path. COPY them! Do this for about half your heroes. Then configure the other teams yourself. The night of the war or the day after, you can click on the path and see how your individual teams did. Now you can choose to keep that team or modify it for the next war. You can also see all the other teams from both sides and how they did.

trouble
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 am

That looks A LOT like you bought an account. you havean insane roster. But no idea what to do? :O

rhy
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:54 am

Hey there- I appreciate your feedback. Your suggestion was a good one to help me learn some of the newer hero abilities (of the last several months/6++.) You're not wrong; I *should* have a better idea of team set-ups than I do. (But, the fact is, I just don't.) I was not very involved in the game for a very long time, but I still logged into the game almost daily. BUT- I was random in "playing" if you can call it that.

The TL;DR version of why:
I started playing at the request of a friend (who eventually became my guild leader) near the beginning of the game's release in the US. At first, I played quite a lot and was a little more involved/ slightly more knowledgeable of hero skills for what was available at the time. I put a little bit of money into the game, time, and had that friend who played, all of which eventually led me to continue logging in daily even by the time I lost most interest. That period has lasted for a loooong time. I even bought random $.99 heroes here and there, though who the f knows why. I guess I didn't want to fall too behind in the event I got active and made a real effort again. I felt some weird obligation to continue for various reasons at any rate. Dumb or not, it's what I did. Anyway, I "played" blindly. I did most dailies often never bothering to finish Crucible or barely touching the two Arenas. I logged in, spent stam/co-op pts for the guild, did most dailies, spent excess exp pots on random sht or w/e had high stars already from chest pull SS's, etc... basically a lot of random thoughtless/blind "playing."

Anyway, that explains the state of my weird heroes list (as I've been told before - lol) and why I admittedly do not know how to make good teams when by this point it seems I should. I get the basic idea of group synergy, but what to do with who and what maaany of the heroes do.... bleh I guess I thought, a) I could get some quick help for nearing/ upcoming GW's for now, and b) I could use the suggested groups with what I have available to learn their abilities more intuitively rather than reading through 8,000 rando abilities without context.

BUT! I guess I was worried about just copying guildies for my own team set-ups for now because I'm finding many of them are using characters I don't have at all-- enough so that I'm not always sure how to fit the holes when/if they're carrying a team. At any rate, I can still absolutely use your suggestion and just look up the heroes' skills if I don't have them to do the same thing for quicker/intuitive learning. I'm just recently interested in being more involved in the game again and joined a new/good/very active guild. It's just- learning so much when I have so many heroes as it is currently, well, that seems a bit daunting. It's a lot of info when I don't even remember much of the OG info!! :)

Thanks again for the input and sorry for the huge wall of text, but it might help anyone willing to help or who just happen to enjoy throwing teams together understand the situation better.

Edit: 1, grammar, 2, I gave examples as "a)" and "2)" instead of "b)"... lol....
Last edited by rhy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

rhy
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:56 am

trouble wrote:
That looks A LOT like you bought an account. you havean insane roster. But no idea what to do? :O

Trouble, dear, I wish my account wasn't bound so *I* could sell it! I can certainly see how it could look like that though, but I guess the OG owner didn't know wtf they were doing either were that the case.. Hahaha - Read my long AF comment above, if you're interested. I explained why my account is in such a weird state and my lack of knowledge. D: