ultramage
Baron
Baron

ch18 bombers before 3rd node

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm having trouble re-doing the 1st mini node after 2he 2nd node on normal. It's called "Endless City".
The 3rd wave has the dwarf sniper do a preemptive attack that kills all my MID units. So I could really use Valan's shield here. But Valan dies on 1st wave to the two bombers. With Baltor, Sylphi and Vulko attacking, they can kill them, but Vulko needs to be in front to act fast enough, meaning no tanker units. Goram and his clones can be sacrificed to stop them, but that also means no more tankers. I'm at a loss at what my team composition should be for this. I've been stuck here for months.

Arbian
Squire
Squire

Re: ch18 bombers before 3rd node

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 am

Just hire heroes

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:58 am

That's a bit problematic as I have the highest level in the guild... I do have a lot of options, I just don't remember what my team composition was when I beat it the first time. I know I sacrificed Goram as bait, and then probably nuked with Taurus and Xanos. But that doesn't solve the Magnus preemptive nuke issue. Maybe i just tanked it by maxing out gear?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15876 is a thread I just found, there are some suggested parties in it. Will try.

Arbian
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:38 am

You can even change your team

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 am

That doesn't help, maaaaaan. I have 20+ heroes at 7\* all geared to max, and they can't survive more than 1 hit. It's about picking the right heroes with the right attack timing, so that the enemies don't get a chance to do their oneshot instakill move. One showstopping issue is that wave 2 requires strong physical dps (antimagic golems), whereas wave 3 needs instant magic nukes because of Magnus and Elanor. This puts a lot of pressure on the team composition.

Berserkerv2
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 am

If your problem is the 3º wave nuke , bring a unit than brings inmunity and use it when the enemys use his ultimates.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:52 am

I don't know of immunity ultimates other than maybe LingLing's. And I don't think wave 3 uses any ultimates... Magnus just oneshots the middle group with his preemptive attack, and Elanor's basic fireball attack oneshots anyone.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Awakened armored 5* Valan can tank the explosion with half hp left, while normal armored Valan melts instantly. That awakening + Delayed Reaction skill makes a huge difference, daaamn. Same with tanking today's nightmare Havoc in prophecy pool... no contest.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Finally cleared it with
- armored ValanA 5* tanking the first bombs, and then pretty much everything else until Elanor+Magnus murder him.
- Riley 6* taking the first bomb with her revive and then serving as sole sniper bait for the Magnus preemptive on wave 3.
- maxed TaurusA 7* for magic dps, stunlocking and buffing.
- maxed MazirA 3* for extreme magic dps and bullet jamming. Ult also pushes enemies back and bunches them together for...
- maxed BaltorA 7* for extreme physical dps and stun. The only one able to kill crystal golems and most likely last man standing.

Took around 10 tries to get the team and timing right. Finished with just Baltor alive... the Magnus boss has ridiculous hp.

toninl
Knight
Knight

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:04 am

I've just cleared it with: Glacia 3* - ursula 3* - jasper 7* - morfir 5* - valan 6* with skin. Nobody dead. Glacia is absolutely essential for damage and healing; ursula for heavy damage and clear 3th wave, jasper and morfir for damage and dodge the annoying bombers; valan for protection. Ursula can be replaced by mazir or alecia.
In the following stages, morfir can be replaced by chrona, thanks to her revive ability, because morfir often dies during battles.