ultramage
Baron
Baron

need team to defeat Great Firehawk in prophecy pool

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 pm

This is one of my few remaining pool challenges. I've used the recommended hero list and worked on some useless heroes. I've barely cleared the god-like difficulty, and nightmare firehawk currently nukes my team. I'd like to ask, are there any more recent heroes that can work here, aside from the default list?

Tareth - good, lots of hits
Crusher - no idea how well he fits
Gale - hoping all those arrows work
Hanzo - seems like only a few hits?
Musashi - I think he hits 5 times, quite big delay
Ezio - paid hero, don't have him, no longer available

Some weirdoes I tried...
Nightshade - requires specific timing, can only hit a few times
Vulko - same as above
Ethera - actually freezes own team and cancels all ultimates, wtfffff, would actually be a good candidate otherwise
Goram - would only work if the clones could be deployed on-demand

So you see, it's quite an arse.

JerenSoon
Baron
Baron

Re: need team to defeat Great Firehawk in prophecy pool

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:43 pm

You might forgot about Kong; because he can make illusions and he has lots of hits when using his ult.

But what if I tell you that Radulf was once that makes a mess to Great Firehawk before(which make it another weakness to Great Firehawk)? His Ancient Curse when Firehawk turning into Egg will render Firehawk vulnerable to Magic Damage and hence allowing all Magic Team to sack him out. Only problem is the crucial timing so it might to be extra luck for this

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A

Slyrk
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:17 am

Batman can solo Firehawk on any difficulty, even at 3 stars. Don't have a video of that right now but it's actually quite funny to see.

If you don't have Batman, Hurok + anybody from Tashi, Kong, Tareth, Flash, Gale that survive Firewhawk's blast should do. In fact, Hurok deals so much damage he can complete Firehawk by himself on any difficulty but the last (or last two? can't remember)

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 am

@JerenSoon thank you for the tips... I awakened Kong last week because I saw him mentioned as a good hero and I encounter him a bunch in crucible... forgot about his ultimate, or assumed it was magic-based. Radulf is another one that I completely ignored. There's just so many units to work on in this game ^^
Firehawk could really use these additional suggestions at the bottom. Listing paid out-of-stock Ezio is just mean. It also lists Crusher, which is odd, some guide says his ult only hits twice, so why would he be recommended?

@Slyrk That's another new one. I awakened Hurok but I never use him and don't know his moveset. I thought his purpose was single-strike ability/ult jamming? He doesn't have any rapid-attack moves afaik. However, thanks for the tip, his Inferno DoT might help vs Gizmo.

radule987
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:00 pm

I managed with Garrick, Bloodspear, Dr. Zeno, Ethera and Gale.

ultramage
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Why garrick of all things? Also, Ethera stops all other ultimates, did you activate her last (and won't the egg hatch by that point)?

Slyrk
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 am

Each tick of Hurok's DoT counts as a single attack against Firehawk. Hurok's ultimate thus counts as about 50 hits during the time Firehawk is in egg form.

Batman simply jumps behind firehawk, meaning that firehawk ultimates in the wrong direction and then when firehawk is in egg form, Batman "arrests" firehawk :-P