Art of Conquest was just updated to the version 1.14! In the new version, each kingdom will be able to choose its own King from among the players. The update also brings the biggest hero changes since the game was released! Time to check what the next update will bring to the game!
CHOOSE YOUR KING
A kingdom needs a King! Courtly intrigue and calculated diplomacy are about to take strategic warfare in Nore to the next level. Become King for supreme power and glory. Lead your kingdom to victory!
1) Who can become King?
• The King is chosen by the players of the kingdom. There is no Power or level requirement that the King must reach—a player need only secure the will of the Governors in order to become King.
• A player must secure the support of at least 10 cities to become King. If multiple players breach this threshold, the player with the support of the most cities will become King.
• A King will be chosen once every seven days.
2) Who participates in choosing the King?
• To streamline the selection process and make it easy to follow, Lords will represent their Governors in choosing the King.
• Only noble Houses that rule at least one city may participate in the selection process.
• House Ministers may declare support for a King on behalf of the Lord.
• During a selection period, once a House has declared its support, it may not change support to another player.
3) What powers does the King have?
• The King enjoys double resource production as well as bonuses to building speed, research speed, and more. The King also rides an exclusive legendary Griffon mount.
• The King appoints the kingdom’s council of Advisors.
4) What can I do if I’m not happy with the way my kingdom is being ruled?
• We’re introducing a new feature for players level 15 and above: Migration. This will allow you to migrate to a different kingdom within your realm. In order to maintain a reasonable balance between kingdoms, players are prevented from migrating to the kingdom that rules the most cities. We hope that players will migrate sparingly—as such, there is a fee collected when a player migrates, and a player can migrate at most once every seven days.
HERO ABILITIES AND BALANCE CHANGES
We’re always committed to pursuing the most fun and balanced gameplay as possible. Recently we’ve received a lot of feedback from players regarding the balance and relative disuse of certain abilities. To address this, in the new patch we’ve made systematic changes to ability design and balance.
1) Ability levels will be affected by hero levels
• In order to encourage players to upgrade abilities more strategically and find more interesting combinations, we have made it so that each ability level can be learned only after reaching a certain hero level. For example, Vega must reach level 10 before she can learn level 3 “Heal”.
2) Abilities and balance
• View the detailed ability changes at the Heroes Rework topic. Overall, these changes accentuate the defining characteristics of each hero and improve the balance of the game. Since such a high number of heroes underwent changes, we’re celebrating the fresh new gameplay with a gift for all Commanders.
• Furthermore, Commanders who have Vallari, Tiadrin, Cleo, Gafgar, Jacques, Bane, or Elena will each receive an extra gift you can use to experiment with your new reworked heroes.
3) Related changes to item bonuses
• Nobleman’s Ring: “Shared Ambition level +1” changed to “Summon Archers level +1”
• Golden Goblet: “Capture Resources level +1” changed to “Ardent Aura level +1”
• Commander's Brigandine: “Royal Treasure level +1” changed to “Magic Resistance level +1”
RACE BALANCE CHANGES
1) Undead units can be resurrected
• We’ve been hearing for a long time that Undead units should be able to resurrect. In order to encourage more use of Undead units, we have made it so that Undead units have a 30% chance of being resurrected after being killed defending a Lich stronghold in a siege battle. Upgrading the City Gates increases the chance of being resurrected.
2) Summon skeletons mechanic reworked
• Mummies, Conjurers, and Necrolytes can summon resurrected skeleton units during battle. We made some adjustments to the summon skeletons mechanic: the level and quality (bronze, silver, or gold) of the summoned skeleton units will now be exactly the same as the corpses they were resurrected from. However, if the Power of the caster is lower than the Power of the targeted corpse, there is a chance that the resurrection will fail.
• Skeleton units resurrected during battle (with the exception of siege battles and Tactics School battles) that survive to the end of the battle will join the commanding player’s army, but the army supply limit cannot be exceeded.
• Gazul’s “Resurrect” ability complies with a similar mechanism.
ATTRIBUTE ADVANTAGES AND OTHER DUEL CHANGES
To further promote the usefulness of heroes in duels, the overall attribute levels of your heroes will now impact your troops on the battlefield in the following ways:
• The troops of the side with higher Might will deal increased physical damage.
• The troops of the side with higher Magic will deal increased magic damage.
• The troops of the side with higher Stamina will have increased max hit points.
• The troops of the side with higher Command will have increased attack speed.
• In duel, when both sides have finished deploying their troops, the battle will begin immediately.
• After a duel, the loser will be returned to the vicinity of their capital city, rather than their home city.
• To make it more convenient to check who attacked you, information about abandoned battles (when one side retreats before the battle starts) will now be included in the House Activity tab.
We upgraded Chat with the ability to share territory locations and upload customized profile pictures. For more info, please see our Chat Update topic.
• Added leaderboards for individual Power, individual Honor, House Power, and House Honor.
• Added a damage breakdown interface at the end of battles.
• You can now directly use Mana Potions and Energy Potions in battle to replenish the mana and energy of your heroes.
• Stronghold buildings that produce gold, lumber, and elixir now continue to produce while being upgraded; likewise, other buildings can now be entered and used while being upgraded.
• You can no longer move from the Capital if the hit points of your City Gates are below 5%.
• You can now cast Shield directly from inside the City Gates, even if your stronghold is currently located in the Capital.
• When creating a new account on a different Realm, you can now select a new starting hero.
Finally, we’d like to wish everyone a fun time in the game with your friends!
-AoC Dev Team