Art of Conquest will soon be updated to Patch 1.15.3! The new version introduces a brand new race: rakan! You can unlock the rakan race by promoting your rank to Marquis. Furthermore, you can now transmute and craft new equipment using the Alchemy Core at your stronghold.
You’ll also encounter the mysterious Void Mirror. Get ready for your expedition into the Void!
Servers will be suspended for maintenance on September 29 at 1:00 AM UTC for an estimated 2 hours while the game is updated. This is a larger update with tons of great new content, and if you pre-download now you’ll be able to play as soon as server maintenance completes! After the update completes, if you did not pre-download the patch, please follow the directions and proceed to download the latest version of the game. We apologize for the added inconvenience.
Below are the detailed patch notes:
NEW RACE: RAKAN
A traditionally peaceful eastern people, the rakan fight with valor in defense of their homeland.
• Like the other races, the rakan army is composed of 6 basic unit types (Samurai, Crossbowmen, Ninjas, Monks, Dragon Turtles, and Trebuchets for siege) as well as super units (Dragonboats and Dragonships). Commanders can unlock the rakan race by promoting in rank to Marquis.
Head over to the official website for a preview of the rakan race!
JOURNEY INTO THE VOID
The dimensional plane of Nore has collided with the Void! Seek out the Rakan Guards protecting the Void Mirror near your capital, and defeat them so you can enter the Void.
When you pass through the Mirror at the beginning of an expedition, your army and heroes will be reflected into the Void.
• Each expedition lasts 20 hours.
• Reflected troops and heroes that are injured or killed in the Void do not affect your units back in Nore.
• As you explore the Void you will find powerful items and rewards. You'll also be able to collect a mysterious currency special to the Void, Adamantium.
• Adamantium can be exchanged inside the Void to recruit the following 7 heroes: Mako, Gan, Wraxius, Nora, Avalon, Avril, and Rufio.
TRANSMUTE AND CRAFT NEW EQUIPMENT
The update introduces a new building, the Alchemy Core, where you can transmute and craft new equipment.
Alchemy Core: Reach a level 5 stronghold to gain access to building the Alchemy Core.
• Commanders can use the Alchemy Core to transmute unwanted equipment into a random new piece of equipment. You’ll also receive some Alchemy Stones.
• Furthermore, the Alchemy Core can be used to craft specific pieces of equipment by first attaining the required Design scroll. Crafting consumes Alchemy Stones and hero Energy.
Royal Archives: A new structure has been erected near the Capital of each kingdom. Visit the Royal Archives to trade Honor for Design scrolls.
MAP CHANGE: 20 NEW CITIES
To make room for more noble Houses to flourish and to allow more players to become Governors, we are taking steps to balance the landscape of Nore by adding 20 new cities to the western half of Nore. Changes to the map will affect the locations of some dungeons and resource points. We also introduced the following overall balance changes:
• Adjusted the levels at which mist regions can be unlocked.
• Adjusted boss locations.
• Adjusted the cooldown timers of dungeons and resource points.
• Bardport, Thaw, Menderes, and Herabe have been upgraded from “Small City” to “City”.
• Slightly adjusted the dungeons and resource points near Maidenspring, Brightworth, Dolphin Bay, Davos, Howlfax, Maradon, Direwatch, Dragonroost, and Deven Rise.
Commanders who have already unlocked the relevant mist regions will not be affected. Furthermore, you will not lose the chance to fight bosses you have yet to defeat. The only change to the affected bosses is the location of their lairs.
CHANGES TO DUEL
• To improve the duel experience for all players, Commanders passing through an enemy kingdom who wish to duel a player belonging to that kingdom must first relinquish a set amount of Honor in order to issue a duel challenge.
• Reduced the Power requirement of the side that initiates the duel.
NEW HEROES & HERO CHANGES
New rakan hero: Mako the “Daredevil”
• Class: Rogue
• With trusted slingshot in hand and fellow pranksters in tow, young Mako lorded over his village like a swashbuckling bandit king. Then Master Yip stepped in. After years of intense training, Mako has grown to become a cherished folk hero with a reputation for selfless exploits and a growing appetite for adventure.
• As a Rogue-class hero, Mako has access to the special “Bow” equipment slot. Commanders can purchase bow Design Scrolls at the Royal Archives.
New Human hero: Gan the “Elder Druid”
• Class: Sage
• Gan can speak with nature itself. When Silverwing fell, he felt the land cry out all the way from Nore. He has taken an interest in Avalon, helping the uprooted prince in mysterious ways.
New dwarf hero: Nora the “Great White Shark”
• Class: Mechanist
• A young girl of 12 years, Nora is a gifted mechanic as well as a pyromaniac. It helps that her grandfather is the king. He lets her skip her lessons to go play at war and test out all her new inventions!
• Revised the ability description of “Expanded Capacity” to make it more clear and precise. The ability itself has not been changed in any way.
Developer’s Note: The ability description in the live version of the game uses the word “mech”, leading to an easy misconception that this ability benefits mech-type units, when in reality it only benefits the mechsuit that Jacques himself pilots. We have updated the ability description to resolve this misconception.
• The “Injury rate +10%” power of the King, Bishop, and Justice has been reduced to “Injury rate +5%” for improved balance between Advisors.
• The King can now edit the Royal Proclamation from the Kingdom tab.
• There is no longer a hero level requirement when equipping items.
• The Lord and Ministers of a noble House can now set a Power requirement for Commanders who wish to join the House.
• If the Lord of your noble House remains offline for 72 hours straight, the position of Lord will be automatically transferred to one of the active Ministers or regular members.
• The Unit Details interface now indicates upgrade bonuses attained from the Academy.
• A new batch of super-value bundles have been added to the Shop to celebrate the launch of Art of Conquest in China.
• Hero experience derived from battles will now be allocated according to the amount of Energy required to deploy each hero.
Finally, we’d like to wish everyone a fun time in the game with your friends!
-AoC Dev Team