Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Agree with everything in this thread. If spiders are meant to be poison aoe cannons then fine, but with the spiderlings and being resistant to aoes and alot of damage types (including holy - which its primary counter of priests use) they are almost unreachable let alone unkillable. As mentioned they two
Or three hit KO many human squads. Glass cannons should be made of glass, and a spider isn't a magical creature just a giant one, which it already gets the giant bonu for. Magical creatures are things like elementals, spirits, etc.

Im quite curious about the opinion of a lich player. Do they know just how OP spiders are? Probably. However, if they don't, I would like to see an explanation.

I switched to lich, the only lineup I need is spiders and scorps. They are literally everything I expected them to be. The scorps aren't invincible but the spiders are rarely in
Danger. It's a huge change from human juggling different unit types with rock paper scissors capabilities when lich only needs to worry about 1 unit for melee and 1 for ranged

Eta: I -want- to play humans, and look forward to playing them again, but playing humans vs lich players is like playing on hard mode. In a competitive algame like this every advantage needs to be taken

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Agree with everything in this thread. If spiders are meant to be poison aoe cannons then fine, but with the spiderlings and being resistant to aoes and alot of damage types (including holy - which its primary counter of priests use) they are almost unreachable let alone unkillable. As mentioned they two
Or three hit KO many human squads. Glass cannons should be made of glass, and a spider isn't a magical creature just a giant one, which it already gets the giant bonu for. Magical creatures are things like elementals, spirits, etc.

Im quite curious about the opinion of a lich player. Do they know just how OP spiders are? Probably. However, if they don't, I would like to see an explanation.

I switched to lich, the only lineup I need is spiders and scorps. They are literally everything I expected them to be. The scorps aren't invincible but the spiders are rarely in
Danger. It's a huge change from human juggling different unit types with rock paper scissors capabilities when lich only needs to worry about 1 unit for melee and 1 for ranged

Eta: I -want- to play humans, and look forward to playing them again, but playing humans vs lich players is like playing on hard mode. In a competitive algame like this every advantage needs to be taken

I got a couple of opinions from people and they say that they have trouble against human healers. Not sure why they would especially because spiders can still rip through units without poison. It's laughable because one player even said that Lich needs a boost in strength.

For the third time, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

I got a couple of opinions from people and they say that they have trouble against human healers. Not sure why they would especially because spiders can still rip through units without poison. It's laughable because one player even said that Lich needs a boost in strength.

Most players who are not the best at the game go lich because they are told it's op and do not understand the finer things about the game theory. This is why they are asking for buffs because they just use brute force to win and end up losing to a human that used strategy to beat them and are crying imba. I beat a 50k lich with my 80k human server and he spammed me complaining how he lost and I should of lost lol.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Apollyon wrote:

Most players who are not the best at the game go lich because they are told it's op and do not understand the finer things about the game theory. This is why they are asking for buffs because they just use brute force to win and end up losing to a human that used strategy to beat them and are crying imba. I beat a 50k lich with my 80k human server and he spammed me complaining how he lost and I should of lost lol.

Humans are decent against lich but dwarfs are at a major disadvantage is what I have been trying to get at for a very long time. It revolves around the issue that our units cannot be healed while humans can be healed during and after the battle. What this means is that even in our own territory our units can still be killed.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

Humans are decent against lich but dwarfs are at a major disadvantage is what I have been trying to get at for a very long time. It revolves around the issue that our units cannot be healed while humans can be healed during and after the battle. What this means is that even in our own territory our units can still be killed.

As a dwarf player on server 61 where 90% of the population is lich. I agree dwarf is useless. Even more so since this patch since grims buffs all siege weapons my job is now moot. Humans can do it better.

If players did not have 80 might jaqc dwarf could fight back in the mid late game and late game. As the silver scorpions just can't kill silver mechsuits fast enough. What you do is have silver mechsuits in front with silver tanks behind them and then have gold rockets for burst damage and you can beat lich pretty easy if heroes are not maxed out.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:

As a dwarf player on server 61 where 90% of the population is lich. I agree dwarf is useless. Even more so since this patch since grims buffs all siege weapons my job is now moot. Humans can do it better.

If players did not have 80 might jaqc dwarf could fight back in the mid late game and late game. As the silver scorpions just can't kill silver mechsuits fast enough. What you do is have silver mechsuits in front with silver tanks behind them and then have gold rockets for burst damage and you can beat lich pretty easy if heroes are not maxed out.

I put silver/gold mechs on top with gold tanks on both sides. Then second row I use the Calvary that goes around behind the enemy with some snipers. Behind that is a spider with some more tanks shooters and heroes. I think it's a pretty good lineup but still gets killed by lich because of how strong the race is.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

I put silver/gold mechs on top with gold tanks on both sides. Then second row I use the Calvary that goes around behind the enemy with some snipers. Behind that is a spider with some more tanks shooters and heroes. I think it's a pretty good lineup but still gets killed by lich because of how strong the race is.

Well the idea of my setup is using mechsuits damage reduction they just tank so well and gold rockets have enough burst to kill scorpions same with silver tanks main cannons and guns. Then mechsuits one shot spiderlings and almost instant kill the spider itself. This setup works very well for me but it is also super expensive to keep maintained.

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:

Well the idea of my setup is using mechsuits damage reduction they just tank so well and gold rockets have enough burst to kill scorpions same with silver tanks main cannons and guns. Then mechsuits one shot spiderlings and almost instant kill the spider itself. This setup works very well for me but it is also super expensive to keep maintained.

It would be good but my tanks take up space as well as my gold Calvary. I made this to complement the troops I have, and the same for you. I would not say either is perfect, but when I borrow spiders from my housemates, it's pretty good I'll say.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 am

Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

It would be good but my tanks take up space as well as my gold Calvary. I made this to complement the troops I have, and the same for you. I would not say either is perfect, but when I borrow spiders from my housemates, it's pretty good I'll say.

In the late game when you get 15/20 research bonuses borrow from other races can actually hurt you more than you gain.

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:48 am

Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Zinek wrote:

In the late game when you get 15/20 research bonuses borrow from other races can actually hurt you more than you gain.

Gold spiders are always nice to borrow. As well as the troops bought from the store that cannot be obtained otherwise.