User avatar
Chillblaze
Baron
Baron
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 am

Kennan wrote:
when a house lord enter the merge. he had only one choice, thats it.
and then all house member joined. they clearly had the map in front of them. and a kingdom selected as "RECOMMENDED" and on the right side over the ENTER button it says "something about your house member should be here"


Someone must have transferred house to me last moment. I went to check hows merge going and just spawned in new color right away. No indication whatsoever on what color is going to be. Those complaining probably had similar issue and no way to contact teammates.
 
User avatar
Kryton13
Baron
Baron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Phoenix64 wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
People complain about the game turning into farmville. Devs impliment a change making all kingdoms start equal and change the migration rules to encourage combat. People complain that they cant be safe and make a farmville server. Facepalm.

We're not complaining that we can't be safe and make a farmville server, we're complaining that the devs were so extremely vague about large changes right before a merge and we're complaining that we could not coordinate as a result and now are in separate kingdoms of our choosing, with many houses and alliances scattered across the map. You know what we're complaining about. I know you know what we're complaining about. You know that too.

And so unless you just want to insult us to make yourself feel better about yourself, why are you using such a blatant straw man argument that everyone here who has any awareness of the situation already knows is false? Surely you're aware of this. Are you just not experiencing this and you want us to feel bad to puff yourself up, or am I hugely mistaken in my beliefs and you just genuinely don't know what's going on with the servers and why so many people are so unhappy about it?

I thought the original thread post was clear enough describing the problem, but if you think it'd help I could try to explain it to you as well.


You call my argument straw man and say that people are only angry about the flaws in how this method has been implemented and yet how many players pre merge were already on farmville servers? Or who heard a merge was coming and all migrated to one kingdom in order to 'win' the next server easier?

Before our server merged not only was everyone going to the same kingdom but people were scouting the nearby servers and coordinating with them so that at the start of the new server there were only 2 kingdoms with any power.

Their are certainly massive flaws in the way these changes have been implemented but they have been made with a reason and that is to make the game more enjoyable for the majority of players. People who are going to extremes and announcing that the game is dead encourage a likewise response from the other side.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf
 
Strappedcorn
Knight
Knight
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 am

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Phoenix64 wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
People complain about the game turning into farmville. Devs impliment a change making all kingdoms start equal and change the migration rules to encourage combat. People complain that they cant be safe and make a farmville server. Facepalm.

We're not complaining that we can't be safe and make a farmville server, we're complaining that the devs were so extremely vague about large changes right before a merge and we're complaining that we could not coordinate as a result and now are in separate kingdoms of our choosing, with many houses and alliances scattered across the map. You know what we're complaining about. I know you know what we're complaining about. You know that too.

And so unless you just want to insult us to make yourself feel better about yourself, why are you using such a blatant straw man argument that everyone here who has any awareness of the situation already knows is false? Surely you're aware of this. Are you just not experiencing this and you want us to feel bad to puff yourself up, or am I hugely mistaken in my beliefs and you just genuinely don't know what's going on with the servers and why so many people are so unhappy about it?

I thought the original thread post was clear enough describing the problem, but if you think it'd help I could try to explain it to you as well.


You call my argument straw man and say that people are only angry about the flaws in how this method has been implemented and yet how many players pre merge were already on farmville servers? Or who heard a merge was coming and all migrated to one kingdom in order to 'win' the next server easier?

Before our server merged not only was everyone going to the same kingdom but people were scouting the nearby servers and coordinating with them so that at the start of the new server there were only 2 kingdoms with any power.

Their are certainly massive flaws in the way these changes have been implemented but they have been made with a reason and that is to make the game more enjoyable for the majority of players. People who are going to extremes and announcing that the game is dead encourage a likewise response from the other side.


I knew of five dominate kingdoms before this screw up so I’m not sure where you did your scouting but without this screw up there would have been more even kingdoms then there is now.
 
Phoenix64
Squire
Squire
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 am

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:02 am

Kryton13 wrote:
Phoenix64 wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
People complain about the game turning into farmville. Devs impliment a change making all kingdoms start equal and change the migration rules to encourage combat. People complain that they cant be safe and make a farmville server. Facepalm.

We're not complaining that we can't be safe and make a farmville server, we're complaining that the devs were so extremely vague about large changes right before a merge and we're complaining that we could not coordinate as a result and now are in separate kingdoms of our choosing, with many houses and alliances scattered across the map. You know what we're complaining about. I know you know what we're complaining about. You know that too.

And so unless you just want to insult us to make yourself feel better about yourself, why are you using such a blatant straw man argument that everyone here who has any awareness of the situation already knows is false? Surely you're aware of this. Are you just not experiencing this and you want us to feel bad to puff yourself up, or am I hugely mistaken in my beliefs and you just genuinely don't know what's going on with the servers and why so many people are so unhappy about it?

I thought the original thread post was clear enough describing the problem, but if you think it'd help I could try to explain it to you as well.


You call my argument straw man and say that people are only angry about the flaws in how this method has been implemented and yet how many players pre merge were already on farmville servers? Or who heard a merge was coming and all migrated to one kingdom in order to 'win' the next server easier?

Before our server merged not only was everyone going to the same kingdom but people were scouting the nearby servers and coordinating with them so that at the start of the new server there were only 2 kingdoms with any power.

Their are certainly massive flaws in the way these changes have been implemented but they have been made with a reason and that is to make the game more enjoyable for the majority of players. People who are going to extremes and announcing that the game is dead encourage a likewise response from the other side.

The "yet" in your post implies that your following words will refute the idea that you gave a straw man argument, but fail to do so. It's still a straw man argument.
But I agree with the rest of your post so that's something good. -thumbs up- :D
 
shaunus
Squire
Squire
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 am

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 am

Chillblaze wrote:
I am not sure why you have an opinion on something you never tested. Read patch notes all you want but it was just randomized a bit and not everybody knew what the forced color will be or even allowed to choose one .(So most houses without intel or outside chat app were separated) . As someone not affected at all i would say its a good change... well unless you had stacked lvl 40s team ready to blow things up. It will slow down fights a bit untill groups get organized...


Ignore the white knights.
Well ok I'll break my rule once here: This is a chinese company and they have generally poor translations. Taking the words literally isn't usually the best choice.

This is obviously retarded.
Worst case scenario they should have just had entire houses auto assigned to factions. This way you could keep yourselves together and simply make do with whatever ridiculous option the server chose. You know, rather than auto assigning the leader and giving no real notification to anyone else or even a means to communicate anything to anyone that was previously in the house about what happened.

My house in particular is a tier 14 house, that takes a looooota time to make. Losing it because of this crap? Seems really really stupid.

You call my argument straw man and say that people are only angry about the flaws in how this method has been implemented and yet how many players pre merge were already on farmville servers? Or who heard a merge was coming and all migrated to one kingdom in order to 'win' the next server easier?


What you just said has zero relation to what he said.
Please stop wasting forum space with your posts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests