Freezee
Knight
Knight

Human strategy

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:46 pm

So I'm 1 month into a human army and I haven't decided f I am going to stay human into late game, however if I do I'd like to see what strategies people are using. So I know the main focus should be one unit per rare resource so I'd like to get opinions.

Swordmans vs spearmen

Calvary vs catapult

Archer vs healer

So who wins the battles? What are your three you focus? I'm really struggling figuring out what on earth I am going to use. I have the ability to train gold archers and their strength is unmatched so that's kind of a no brainer.

I know swordsman have virion for buffs and spearmen do not but their utility against the other races main units seem huge, the added damage against scorps, spiders, mechs and bosses. I have focused swords to where I am one research away from gold but I just don't know if they are worth it.

And then I know Calvary is strong but with a focus on spears it would be rough to do both and added to that my house is struggling with sieging so I'm wondering if catapults would be far better. That added to the new grimms update to enhance all siege units seems worth it.

But I could be wrong so anyone with questions or answers please chime in. All opinions are welcome let's just make it a conversation.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Re: Human strategy

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:55 pm

It really depends on what you want late game. Do u want to plunder alot resources from enemies or do you want to take down walls? As for the others i used to 2x swordmen and 2x spear so i always had both.
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Late game swordsmen healers archers and cavalry.
Spearmen suck lategame as they dont have the warriors pride which prevents morale loss
While one set of gold spearmen with gold healers lose to a dungeon of lich with skeletons because they ran away from silver skeles morale take whereas gold swords with healers wipe the dungeon easy
Of course this plays into pvp alot as well plus swordsmen have more dmg and hp and tank better

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Hisoka wrote:
Late game swordsmen healers archers and cavalry.
Spearmen suck lategame as they dont have the warriors pride which prevents morale loss
While one set of gold spearmen with gold healers lose to a dungeon of lich with skeletons because they ran away from silver skeles morale take whereas gold swords with healers wipe the dungeon easy
Of course this plays into pvp alot as well plus swordsmen have more dmg and hp and tank better

So swordsman is more solid in late game pve but what about the pvp? I know the morale thing is huge but spears versus the other races main units have an agvantage don't they? plus that's only th gold units, and unless I am very wrong aren't archers the bread and butter of human units meaning you're really comparing silver units right?

I could be very wrong, that's why I'm asking.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Julianus wrote:
It really depends on what you want late game. Do u want to plunder alot resources from enemies or do you want to take down walls? As for the others i used to 2x swordmen and 2x spear so i always had both.

2x sword and spears gold units? How high does the gold cap get? And did you skip archers for your army?

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:14 pm

ahh thought u were talking about Silver units. my gold set up was 6 saints 6 crusaders and 22 archers. I wasnt really a pvp guy so i cant really tell you in that way.
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:31 pm

Julianus wrote:
ahh thought u were talking about Silver units. my gold set up was 6 saints 6 crusaders and 22 archers. I wasnt really a pvp guy so i cant really tell you in that way.

Yeah silver units are fairly easy to have all of the unit types. Really I'm just trying to figure out what units to focus.

Godric
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 am

I play humans alot, saints and gold swordsman seemed to be the best to me. As stated in the comments above the no loss of morale is very helpful and the saints counter the poison from spiders fairly well for the swordsman I had gold spearman before and they did not work very well with the saints due to moral loss they still ran away. Gold archers like you said is a no brainer they are the best human has to offer imo. That being said I still work on saints then gold swordsman first. In the end though I think it really matters as to what you like doing most I don't usally pvp at all its pointless all you get is honor for a win I focus on raids and used to rob carts before they got bugged and I can never see one again. So leaves me with the only option to raid for res and the swordsman are the tanks you need to be successful in raids with saints behind them they are very hard to kill.

Azemeazed
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:18 pm

First of all, you need 16 golden units to defend your stronghold. And all is good exept royal hammers, so basicly you need to make all you can as soon as you get special resources to do so. You need healers and archers for crystals, spearmen and swordsmen for mithril and cavalry for blood dimonds.
I have 4 healr units, 4 archers, 4 cavalry, 3 spearmen and 1 swordmen.
By the time you make all that defense you will see which units suits you best, i like 2 archers.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

My theory craft is Gold Cavalry with 2 saints all on one side to try and force into the back lines. Cavalry over swordsmen as they both have pride but Cavalry are large, so are not at a disadvantage there. They are few so spiders are less effective and saints bubble 3 units adding to their strength against Lich.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing