Nazgul
Squire
Squire

Patch 1.14, LIch buffed, human Nerfed

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I really didnt understand this update,
Lich was over power and now are more powerfull!
Buff: Skeletons was buffed and can revive...

About Humans,
Nerf: Virion now need alooooooooot of mana and your best skill was immensely nerfed...
The shield now passed to 5% (it was 30%) nv1.
The skill of priest now share the cooldown with anothers skills, so strong nerf too...I did not understand this balance

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Re: Patch 1.14, LIch buffed, human Nerfed

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Skeletons were buffed because they needed a reason to be played instead of lich cookie cutter Spiders behind Scorps.

Time will tell if the meta will shift and if there needs some more balancing.

I have never liked the idea of units active skills sharing CDs with heros though.

ETA: In general Heroes are not as strong, but have more universal traits/skills uses now. It was possible before to get an end game level skill on your hero - which single handedly wrecked entire armies with a single spell/skill. Now Heroes are being treated more as characters instead of one shot wonders.

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Skeletons were not a viable option according to the developers. However, they are meant to be weak, cheap, and plentiful. With that in mind, there's not a lot of room for improvement.

BUT, I still do believe Lich is OP. Counters the other two races a tad bit too well..

Nerf either spiders or the scorpion damage on mech troops. Or better yet, nerf both!
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Godric
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

yeah its horrible now even just doing quest vs the lichs just got me 8 hours hospital just doing dailys quest lmao before the patch I would get about 1 hour 30 minutes in hospital doing quest now I get 8 hours this will reduce my time online big time.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Kirkis wrote:
BUT, I still do believe Lich is OP. Counters the other two races a tad bit too well..

Nerf either spiders or the scorpion damage on mech troops. Or better yet, nerf both!

I can get down with that. Spiders especially are TOO good. They do literally everything. Splash damage, check. Long sniping distance ranges to stay way behind the skirmish - check. AoE slow effect of attack - check. Summon its own meat shields - check. Huge DoT - check. Takes 50% damage from the majority of non-physical attacks? Check.

They need to decide whether its going to be a sniping unit, a summoning unit, a tanking unit, or a crowd control unit - because right now its badass at ALL of those.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Godric wrote:
yeah its horrible now even just doing quest vs the lichs just got me 8 hours hospital just doing dailys quest lmao before the patch I would get about 1 hour 30 minutes in hospital doing quest now I get 8 hours this will reduce my time online big time.

I think its more likely that you leveled up but your units havent caught up to you yet. Actual lich units were not buffed - shouldnt have any effect on lich NPC armies.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Kirkis wrote:

I think a small nerf like magical creature other reduce 25% magical damage, and Spiders only spawning babies on death might help enough to balance things (I have seen the little spiders tank the mechs and watched the mechs die). The biggest thing for Lich I see is moral, A lot of units are lost to this if Gazul specs into it and the only counter is highly expensive units either being gold units or mechs. I am not saying it is something that should be countered, just remove that skill from Gazul because the army is already fine without it.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Godric
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 pm

I think really it had to do with avril I use her blizzard a lot to do those dailys but with the increased cost I ran out of mana very fast this cost me extra troops in the later battles when I was out of mana that extra mana point hurts.

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 am

Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

I think a small nerf like magical creature other reduce 25% magical damage, and Spiders only spawning babies on death might help enough to balance things (I have seen the little spiders tank the mechs and watched the mechs die). The biggest thing for Lich I see is moral, A lot of units are lost to this if Gazul specs into it and the only counter is highly expensive units either being gold units or mechs. I am not saying it is something that should be countered, just remove that skill from Gazul because the army is already fine without it.

If we had to do a comparison with the spiders, I would probably use (gold) tanks. Tanks are very powerful units which do area damage as well as possessing guns and a flamethrower. The thing is however, the ammo will run out fast when dealing with scorpions and the spiders which spawn from the larger spiders. Once a tank is out of ammo, it becomes a moving target with a "kill me" post-it note stuck on it's front and back sides.

Now spiders on the other hand.. wow. Lot of damage in the form of poison as well as the initial damage. Also spawns spiders and hitpoints similar to that of a tank. Not sure about the cost of gold spiders, but I am sure that tanks cost more.

And lastly, when they die spiders can be healed and tanks cannot. How do more people not see the problems with lich compared to other races? It's quite obvious coming from a dwarf who has so many limitations put on their race.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:43 am

I agree that more needs to be done with Dwarves, they say the extra cost of mechs is solved by being great pillagers, but on my server either all the castles have been pillaged or will cost more the break into then you get out.

I just think they are not up to end game in this early access game.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing