Are Dwarves Obsolete?

Poll runs till Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 am

Yes
10 (71%)
No
4 (29%)
 
Total votes: 14
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Before I say anything, check out my topic: viewtopic.php?p=48702#p48702

The main question which is asked is "are dwarfs obsolete?" To answer this, I shall try to go the narrow and straightforward way. The term "obsolete" means "out of date" or in other words, "needs to be replaced". To say that they are obsolete would be a overstatement as they are still competitive against Lich and Human, but with some major backlash.

To prove my point, as a dwarf, I am able to win against those around the same power as me. However, I never said that it was easy, without risks, or even a viable option at most times. This is where the REAL problem begins.

Now, I understand that a hospital can only heal units that are "living". Therefor, logically, it makes sense that mechanical units cannot be healed as you cannot heal a machine- you have to fix/repair it. But, even with that said, this is not reality where we have to follow the laws of logic. This is a game and healing machines is not an idea that sounds so far-fetched that it would be risidicious and utterly insane to add. I believe that is is quite silly we cannot heal machines as this puts dwarfs at a COLLOSAL disadvantage. Even if we fight on our home territory and win, after you see the victory message pop up, you will be smacked in the face with your machines dead and resources trickling away trying to regain what you had lost. I am baffled that we have grown so complacent about this is a HUGE issue in the system because it involves one of the three races

By the way, I'm ecstatic to see how many people are finally speaking out on this issue. Good job people, or should I say dwarfs, (or possibly even dwarf sympathizers) keep it up.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Knight
Knight
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:22 am

Kirkis wrote:
Now, I understand that a hospital can only heal units that are "living". Therefor, logically, it makes sense that mechanical units cannot be healed as you cannot heal a machine- you have to fix/repair it. But, even with that said, this is not reality where we have to follow the laws of logic. This is a game and healing machines is not an idea that sounds so far-fetched that it would be risidicious and utterly insane to add. I believe that is is quite silly we cannot heal machines as this puts dwarfs at a COLOSSAL disadvantage. Even if we fight on our home territory and win, after you see the victory message pop up, you will be smacked in the face with your machines dead and resources trickling away trying to regain what you had lost. I am baffled that we have grown so complacent about this is a HUGE issue in the system because it involves one of the three races


I agree you can just add to the hospital description, heals and repairs. Though my post is saying that because Dwarves are not the Siege masters anymore and therefore doesn't hold that role that they are not necessary and can be replaced by a human.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:46 am

Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Now, I understand that a hospital can only heal units that are "living". Therefor, logically, it makes sense that mechanical units cannot be healed as you cannot heal a machine- you have to fix/repair it. But, even with that said, this is not reality where we have to follow the laws of logic. This is a game and healing machines is not an idea that sounds so far-fetched that it would be risidicious and utterly insane to add. I believe that is is quite silly we cannot heal machines as this puts dwarfs at a COLOSSAL disadvantage. Even if we fight on our home territory and win, after you see the victory message pop up, you will be smacked in the face with your machines dead and resources trickling away trying to regain what you had lost. I am baffled that we have grown so complacent about this is a HUGE issue in the system because it involves one of the three races


I agree you can just add to the hospital description, heals and repairs. Though my post is saying that because Dwarves are not the Siege masters anymore and therefore doesn't hold that role that they are not necessary and can be replaced by a human.

Dwarfs were never siege masters.. if the developers really wanted to make the dwarfs "masters" they would've made the siege weapons exclusive to dwarfs. However, every race has them. The only thing the other races don't have are the rockets which are actually just as good as human archers. Oh, and, dwarfs also have tanks which I forgot to mention. And lichs have spiders which spawn out little grotesque creatures and still deal a lot of damage combined with gold scorpians.

"Siege masters"
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Knight
Knight
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 am

Grimm giving up to a 40% damage increase, to me, is what made them the "Seige Masters" which is why with him giving it to everyone now is what made me make this post.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 am

Aluminara wrote:
Grimm giving up to a 40% damage increase, to me, is what made them the "Seige Masters" which is why with him giving it to everyone now is what made me make this post.

Even back then, I did not believe the notion that dwarfs were "siege masters". But now, even more so. Even so, I am fine with the attack of dwarfs. The only thing which needs to be changed is the strength of lichs- spiders in particular.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Zinek
Knight
Knight
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
Grimm giving up to a 40% damage increase, to me, is what made them the "Seige Masters" which is why with him giving it to everyone now is what made me make this post.

Even back then, I did not believe the notion that dwarfs were "siege masters". But now, even more so. Even so, I am fine with the attack of dwarfs. The only thing which needs to be changed is the strength of lichs- spiders in particular.


Grims 50% damage buff to cannons was huge and since there was usually a low player count late game. Having one guy who can hit for 100k wall damage really helped where humans could only do 20k at best with silvers since they wouldn't spec to gold and use their gold supply on it. Now you can have anyone be the siege master and still be more viable elsewhere since grims only has 2 skills of any use for non dwarf it's even easier with the skill level requirement wall. You can easily have suppression fire and siege mastery capped as you level and thus human and lich gain 20% siege damage and dwarf loses 30% it's a huge nerf to the race that already had nothing.
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Zinek wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
Grimm giving up to a 40% damage increase, to me, is what made them the "Seige Masters" which is why with him giving it to everyone now is what made me make this post.

Even back then, I did not believe the notion that dwarfs were "siege masters". But now, even more so. Even so, I am fine with the attack of dwarfs. The only thing which needs to be changed is the strength of lichs- spiders in particular.


Grims 50% damage buff to cannons was huge and since there was usually a low player count late game. Having one guy who can hit for 100k wall damage really helped where humans could only do 20k at best with silvers since they wouldn't spec to gold and use their gold supply on it. Now you can have anyone be the siege master and still be more viable elsewhere since grims only has 2 skills of any use for non dwarf it's even easier with the skill level requirement wall. You can easily have suppression fire and siege mastery capped as you level and thus human and lich gain 20% siege damage and dwarf loses 30% it's a huge nerf to the race that already had nothing.

Singing has never been the problem with dwarf. I do not like the idea of them being siege masters anyway. What the bigger issue is is how well they do against other races who have troops at your level. I mean with your troops not being able to be healed and dying, how competitive can you really get?
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Knight
Knight
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Kirkis wrote:
Even back then, I did not believe the notion that dwarfs were "siege masters". But now, even more so. Even so, I am fine with the attack of dwarfs. The only thing which needs to be changed is the strength of lichs- spiders in particular.


You may not believe in the notion, but most people did. And I am still saying, in this current patch that people are better off using Lich or Human due to them being cheaper than Dwarves and being about to do the same siege damage.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
Even back then, I did not believe the notion that dwarfs were "siege masters". But now, even more so. Even so, I am fine with the attack of dwarfs. The only thing which needs to be changed is the strength of lichs- spiders in particular.


You may not believe in the notion, but most people did. And I am still saying, in this current patch that people are better off using Lich or Human due to them being cheaper than Dwarves and being about to do the same siege damage.

The reason I did not believe that dwarfs were "siege masters" was due to the fact that machine-type units could not be healed. Big sieges are just not worth it unless you have the resources or are getting enough resources to set-off the cost. I'm sure some people will say that I'm attacking wrong. However, you are bound to lose some troops when attacking a city level 19+. Every single problem I have with dwarfs starts with the fact that I cannot heal machinery. Being able to heal does not make dwarfs OP, it just makes the game more competitive. Lich players do not like that; they just run a spider and scorpians lineup with no variations which takes no skill nor experimentation.

That is what I believe to be the source of all the problems.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Knight
Knight
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:34 am

Kirkis wrote:
The reason I did not believe that dwarfs were "siege masters" was due to the fact that machine-type units could not be healed. Big sieges are just not worth it unless you have the resources or are getting enough resources to set-off the cost.


I see where the confusion is then. I am referring to their ability to ONLY knock down walls, not break defenses. The Seige Master title goes to the one that can do the most damage to a wall.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests