Total votes: 14

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Re: Are Dwarves obsolete?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 am

Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
The reason I did not believe that dwarfs were "siege masters" was due to the fact that machine-type units could not be healed. Big sieges are just not worth it unless you have the resources or are getting enough resources to set-off the cost.

I see where the confusion is then. I am referring to their ability to ONLY knock down walls, not break defenses. The Seige Master title goes to the one that can do the most damage to a wall.

Ah, I see. I was indeed confused about the meaning of "siege master". But now that I know this, it does seem like a huge nerf to the dwarf race which is so badly needing anything but what it has been given.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Zinek
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 am

Kirkis wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
The reason I did not believe that dwarfs were "siege masters" was due to the fact that machine-type units could not be healed. Big sieges are just not worth it unless you have the resources or are getting enough resources to set-off the cost.

I see where the confusion is then. I am referring to their ability to ONLY knock down walls, not break defenses. The Seige Master title goes to the one that can do the most damage to a wall.

Ah, I see. I was indeed confused about the meaning of "siege master". But now that I know this, it does seem like a huge nerf to the dwarf race which is so badly needing anything but what it has been given.

Yea sorry for the confusion there bud. Ya quite a noticeable change too since dwarf loses 30% damage with this change and their cannons cost mythril which makes them costly to replace compared to human uses blood diamond what a joke.

NEFERAK555
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 am

Aluminara wrote:
The video was just the catapults, not my testing. Everything you said is a reason not to pick them. Now because Human and Lich can siege just as well as them is my thoughts of why both reasons combined make them obsolete/not worth picking.

Only the MECHA SUIT is useful no other Dwarven units have useful roles in combat as of now!
S52 REALM

ATHALY KINGDOM

REALM52

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 am

NEFERAK555 wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
The video was just the catapults, not my testing. Everything you said is a reason not to pick them. Now because Human and Lich can siege just as well as them is my thoughts of why both reasons combined make them obsolete/not worth picking.

Only the MECHA SUIT is useful no other Dwarven units have useful roles in combat as of now!

The most useful units are the robots, tanks, and snipers. The rockets are primarily for looting. The problem comes from when our two most used units can die and cannot be healed while costing an absolute fortune to train which is quite ridiculous and if you ask me.

Aluminara
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Kirkis wrote:
The most useful units are the robots, tanks, and snipers. The rockets are primarily for looting.

Rocketeers are also useful at killing skeletons :D
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
The most useful units are the robots, tanks, and snipers. The rockets are primarily for looting.

Rocketeers are also useful at killing skeletons :D

Skeletons are so awfully awful that I am able to use those two words consecutively.

Terribly terrible
Dreadfully dreadful

Svartalfheim
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Kirkis wrote:
NEFERAK555 wrote:
Aluminara wrote:

The most useful units are the robots, tanks, and snipers. The rockets are primarily for looting. The problem comes from when our two most used units can die and cannot be healed while costing an absolute fortune to train which is quite ridiculous and if you ask me.

Thats the real problem of dwarven units.I dont mind nothing else but the posibility of repairing them d be nice..we need this!!