User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 am

Gold tanks level 7: 60K health, 16000 damage

Gold spiders level 7: 32K health, 25K damage

The health on the tanks is boosted by 10% because I am a dwarf. I am not sure if the spider's health or damage is boosted however.

Tanks.. they are supposed to be strong and great for clearing out a mass of troops. However, they are limited by ammo and become a walking, or should I say sitting target when they run out. Spiders on the other hand are great for slowing down enemies, practically killing troops with 2 hits of poison and spawning these bullet-soaking spider lings which my tanks always seem to waste ammo on.

Again, lich beats dwarf.. anyone seeing a pattern here- a one-sided pattern? It's almost as lichs we're created to counter dwarfs. Quite annoying if you ask me.

Oh and by the way, tanks are very expensive to train. 900 blood diamonds and 10000 gold. And. They. Cannot. Be. Healed. So, when they die I am left with a bill of a large sum and forced into the tyranny of the developers and lich players alike.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:54 am

If you borrowed the spiders for testing then they will not have the buffs. How did you do the damage test?
It is possible you need to think about jumping on the Lich wagon until fixes have been made :D
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 am

Aluminara wrote:
If you borrowed the spiders for testing then they will not have the buffs. How did you do the damage test?
It is possible you need to think about jumping on the Lich wagon until fixes have been made :D

A battle with someone of similar power. There was a 10-20K difference between us. Knowing this, our technology is probably similar. My tanks would always run out of ammo killing the spawned spiders while the large spiders can kill robots and everything else well without running out of ammo.

Again, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:15 am

Yeah, I have seen a spiderling hold its own against a Mech of similar level, was funny and sad. The mech never got to the spider. Do you have ammo wagon?
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:46 am

Aluminara wrote:
Yeah, I have seen a spiderling hold its own against a Mech of similar level, was funny and sad. The mech never got to the spider. Do you have ammo wagon?

Of course, however it does not help much. It's basically still a win for the spiders.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 am

I am a firm believer that spiders at least need to lose spiderlings or they spawn on death.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Aluminara wrote:
I am a firm believer that spiders at least need to lose spiderlings or they spawn on death.

I am fine with a decrease in the poison damage because it is supposed to be damage over time and not every hit kills 1/3 of your troops health and then the poison withers away the rest which makes a 2 hit kill.

Spiderlings might be annoying, but they are beatable to some degree.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Agree with everything in this thread. If spiders are meant to be poison aoe cannons then fine, but with the spiderlings and being resistant to aoes and alot of damage types (including holy - which its primary counter of priests use) they are almost unreachable let alone unkillable. As mentioned they two
Or three hit KO many human squads. Glass cannons should be made of glass, and a spider isn't a magical creature just a giant one, which it already gets the giant bonu for. Magical creatures are things like elementals, spirits, etc.
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Agree with everything in this thread. If spiders are meant to be poison aoe cannons then fine, but with the spiderlings and being resistant to aoes and alot of damage types (including holy - which its primary counter of priests use) they are almost unreachable let alone unkillable. As mentioned they two
Or three hit KO many human squads. Glass cannons should be made of glass, and a spider isn't a magical creature just a giant one, which it already gets the giant bonu for. Magical creatures are things like elementals, spirits, etc.

Im quite curious about the opinion of a lich player. Do they know just how OP spiders are? Probably. However, if they don't, I would like to see an explanation.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Tanks vs Spiders (Gold)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I play Lich because I know they are OP. I can clear all the PvE content (even after the boost in the last update) and not scared to PvP when guarding my caravans. My dwarf struggles with the 3 spider undead and I have not tried on my human because it has become the oldest server where I just jump on and knock down some walls.

Not to mention the added bonus of having a lot more gold to spend on shop rare resources and hero exp :D
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Raist and 5 guests