Apollyon
Baron
Baron

lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Apparently there are several power players on my server that have set up 4-5 alts in other kingdoms that they use to farm resources from. These alts hide In capitals while they gain resources, then move out to let the main acct hit them for 100k+ resources in one attack, I have seen higher than 200k in one attack.

This lets them use the gold to buy every singlehero buff and gear offered for gold, giving a massive advantage since its basically a lifetime supply of free gold in large mounts.

This is the worst kind of alt abuse, because its not even something you cam ask your house members to do like lend troops, but blatantly writing yourself a blank check with in game currency

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 am

People have been doing this since day one. You can't really stop it since it's a free to play game and it helps free players who have more time compete against whales who just pay and play in bursts.

Though I agree I don't like people abusing it. It's just not cool at all.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 am

I don't mind alts at all - its fun playing different races, for example - or focusing on different things. But an account shouldnt exist for the sole purple of doing nothing except providing for another account - its bypassing game mechanics and vastly tilting the scales.

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 am

Of all the huge imbalances and pure game mechanics favoring wallet players its alt farming that gets to you? While it might seem unfair if someone wants to start an alt and work to build all those resources to help them then seriously need to stand back and look at the work to achieve this.

Secondly as it stands right now this game is running a knife edge calling it free to play. More often than not to actually have a chance to play you need to pay

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 am

I am against many of the mechanics that favor payers to the extent that it does, but at the same time I expect people to pay something for the pleasure of playing a game they enjoy. I don't expect them to drop hundreds by any means, but patron and the $10 hero seems reasonable i belive.

Having said that, money spent should go towards variety and options, not simply power. Take for example the new mechanic which rewards the side with the most hero stats - totally unfair, adds nothing to the game, and only rewards those that have spent or alt-farmed to the point they can buy out the shop of cards. No purpose at all to add any depth to the game. Simply a win-more mechanic.

. Also, i dont believe it is much "work to achieve this" - just log on and do the quests twice a day, after you get done with your normal acct after a few weeks - presto your farm is ready to harvest.

Just because there are other mechanics you don't agree with doesn't mean that it is OK to have other bad mechanics - sorry.

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:48 am

Apollyon wrote:
I am against many of the mechanics that favor payers to the extent that it does, but at the same time I expect people to pay something for the pleasure of playing a game they enjoy. I don't expect them to drop hundreds by any means, but patron and the $10 hero seems reasonable i belive.

Having said that, money spent should go towards variety and options, not simply power. Take for example the new mechanic which rewards the side with the most hero stats - totally unfair, adds nothing to the game, and only rewards those that have spent or alt-farmed to the point they can buy out the shop of cards. No purpose at all to add any depth to the game. Simply a win-more mechanic.

. Also, i dont believe it is much "work to achieve this" - just log on and do the quests twice a day, after you get done with your normal acct after a few weeks - presto your farm is ready to harvest.

Just because there are other mechanics you don't agree with doesn't mean that it is OK to have other bad mechanics - sorry.

Well said.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

if you want to play different races, do this on different servers (this is appreciated by the team).
abusing alt accounts on the same server should be considered as cheating.
on server 41, 2 kingdoms teamed up for alt accounts, so each new account gets 4-6 gold troops on loan and i guess it takes 1-2 hours to rush through the bosses and then leech the account.
it should be possible to prevent this at least to some degree (IP checks, check if an account has a very short life-span to get drained, massive plundering results). of course, this would not find all feeder accounts, but would be a good start.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Athaly on server 62 did this(particularly the house called “the 53s”)
They made alts, borrowed gold snipers, killed bosses and let themselves be attacked for loot with no garrison and collecting mines all the time

SlanithOtaku
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Seems like the best way to resolve this would be to put a cap on the amount of resources that can be pillaged from a target based on their city level. Say 500 of Each Primary Resource and 5 of Each Secondary Resource total per city level in a single raid.

In this way cheaters can't efficiently steal massive amounts of resources in a single attack via alt abuse, Lilith Games doesn't have to waste time and resources playing account police, and low levels also get a measure of protection from being rolled by high level players as well.

This could be taken a step further by putting a cooldown on targets where you can only raid the same person for resources 3 to 5 times in a 2 hour period of time, you should still be able to damage their walls as much as you want though.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am

Nobody would pillage if the cap was 500. 2-3k seems fair, that way if you want to farm tens of thousands at least you're paying in stamina.