26 (17%)

Total votes: 151

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Re: Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Server 62 , First sword , Prince.

dorianGREY is right. The community is fed up and leaving in droves. This new merger is just a way of the dev's getting a little more $$ out of the couple whales per server by rolling them all in together so they start spending again. This sounds great in theory but does nothing to address the resource problems faced in almost all servers. Like u can merge all the servers together it stil wont change the fact that all the resources are protected or u gotta eat whale to get any feed at all. This is their way of pushing the Whale vs Whale fights and they sit bak and watch the $$ roll in. The important issues like unit pathing , hero balance etc go unanswered and we get devBlogs about them focusing on bullying ? Like enough is enough. This nxt patch gonna be make or break for this game.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Rockoverlord
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:21 pm

1. lv 25 castle realm 28 Skyrend
2.considered noteworth but not in a high postion
3.yes, but there needs to be some form of benefit say if it's a clean slate when the merge happens give players the option to reduce build times overall cost in miniscule ammounts like .2% lumber reduction for all buildings for every upgrad added with a max of say 20% this is only an example. my thoughts where on the line of your acount has points assigned to it at the endgame of a server one can assign points before they join a new server through merging. points can be based on castle level, the number of accumulated honor and how many completed upgrades in your acadamy. after the endgame server merg/cleanslate those that work hard for long periods of time can earn quite a bit compared to someone who joined at the very end of the server's lifetime. any heros you have purchased i believe should still stay with you. even if bullies/whales apear with benefits accumulated overtime f2p players can catch up. a sorta clean slate with perma upgrades becomes availabe thats my idea for merging. an idea for endgame was once all cities lose npcs if a kingdom has no cities held before the next king drawing that capital becomes a large province containg say a large dungeon of sorts that can reward players. players that were a part of that kingdom are given two options do the clean slate as mentioned with upgrades or change kingdoms to what everone they want regarless of strength. once a kingdom controls the whole land the endgame apllies and those that stick around till the end get a ending bonus of points and benefits. maybe a medal indicating how many servers they have conquerd. thats my idea (( i ended u mixing the last 3))

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 am

ok so they want merge idea's :

how about 'big boy' servers where u need castle 20-25 w/e to actually join, retain ur upgrades, hero's etc , but the map is geared around those kinda power lvls. So the small cities be similar in power to the current big cities and it scales accordingly. This will not only give high lvl players the 'end game' they desire but also keep it fresh and interesting as u now got a whole new server to conquer thats scaled in difficulty to suit ur current power lvl. This can help take the 'bullies' away from the little guys and u could hard cap the 'normal' servers at the 25 so ppl cant sit forever growing in power on those servers, they would have to move to the 'big boy' server to continue their progression. Aside from the obvious power gaps between recent and late servers this probally the easiest way of every1 getting what they want without too much fuss on the devs end.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

hedragon
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:18 pm

1. Server 21, Pyramid level 28
2. Duke of Sunglove, First Sword of Neferak
3. I do not want realm merge: there are relationships even with enemies and we shall merge with people we totally do not know? I would allow merge only to servers where there is one dominating kingdom and give all players option to migrate to it and then merge it, turning it into a single nation on a new map.
4. I do not want merge as in unification of kingdom basis.
5. Disballance, anxiety, chaos, reluctance.

Besides, I would much rather prefer server to server wars with some new contents, such as each server being a continent, ships to travel over the ocean to attack another server, portals where you need to pay, treating different realms as levels of heaven/hell from which you can summon players and pay them for help or fight them, etc.

NBSerG
Knight
Knight

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:40 pm

1. 28. 30 lvl castle
2. Lord
3. -
4. 5. i want that admins merge many realms to one with live people +- same lvl. because in realm 28 its only 50-100 active players.. we have castles free...

Unruly
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:00 pm

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
- Realm 100 & Level 10 Castle

2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
- Governor and soon to be General

3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
- being a new realm, I think 100 is fine as it is

4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)
- I don't want my realm to be merged but if realms are merged I'd like to see them grouped with other realms of similar power levels and maybe revert all cities back to original npc ownership but allow players to keep all of their power.

5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?
- I like realm 100 the way it is, so my only concern is that it would become perhaps over populated and all of the work my House has done in the field would inevitably and unnecessarily go away unrewarded.

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Unruly wrote:

2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.

4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)
- I don't want my realm to be merged but if realms are merged I'd like to see them grouped with other realms of similar power levels and maybe revert all cities back to original npc ownership but allow players to keep all of their power.

- I like realm 100 the way it is, so my only concern is that it would become perhaps over populated and all of the work my House has done in the field would inevitably and unnecessarily go away unrewarded.

Bro, this is for far ahead Realms, i believe from 1 up to 60 or so, new realms should have a 'waiting time' before merging.
BOOM

Lanfeust
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:08 am

Fawksito wrote:
Unruly wrote:

Bro, this is for far ahead Realms, i believe from 1 up to 60 or so, new realms should have a 'waiting time' before merging.

This is incorrect, I am in realm 87 and Icarum already won the realm.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 am

Just saw this very interesting video and it made me think of this conversation, and why merging will not do anything.

Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Just saw this very interesting video and it made me think of this conversation, and why merging will not do anything.
Agreed, this is an infinite game, so eventually you are going to run into the problem mentioned in the video. We will run out of rss, and people will drop out. Merging servers is a temporary band-aid for this issue. Eventually their does need to be an end game to keep it fresh, however what that will eventually turn out to be is anyone's guess, and doubt something the Devs are really thinking of at the moment. They just want to keep the game alive and people spending money short term so they can have the time to figure out the long-term goal.