21 (20%)

Total votes: 107

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

Recently lots of players have been discussing the possibility of merging realms together. This is an important decision under our consideration.

As we consider your ideas, we hope to understand the needs of players of different levels and Advisor positions. To help us better analyze the feedback we receive so we can come to the most informed decision possible, we ask that you provide the following information:

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?

Please also remember to vote!

Thanks!

Sparkles
Squire
Squire

Re: Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

1. Server 17, castle lvl 29
2. Advisor and Lord
4. Wait to hear the official strategy
5. Biggest concern honestly is merging with a mega whale dominated server (i.e the whale on server 18).

FWIW i am fairly active on server 17 and as the whole entire map is Yellow the feeling among the server is pretty unequivocally in favour of a merger.

shaunus
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am

1 - 43 -Vallari Castle level 27 / 50 - Silvercourt Pyramid level 26 / 61 - Roseden - Pyramid level 24
2 - A governor / A magister / An inquisitor

4 - Personally I would prefer it if a multitude of servers of around the same (average) castle level should merge but I think it's best to wait until the official strategy is released before being able to provide more useful and specific feedback. I reckon the best part about server merging in the first place is to increase the number of people who are active on a server but I don't think the king can really represent a realm here nor do I think realms of substantially varying average castle level (among the active player base) should be able to merge.

Cosine
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

1 - Server 61, Castle 24
2 - governor
3 - I think merging should be optional. Just open a new transfer realm that everyone can go to with their current houses (possibly restricted to blocks of server #'s). Also, I don't want merging to happen because I'd prefer if all servers were killed after 2-3 months with a winner declared based on predetermined victory condition and awards (titles, linari, cosmetics) passed on to them to use on a new server.

Last
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:22 pm

1. Server 75, castle 19.
2. A governor.
3. This wont solve the main issue quiting players due to they got raped much. They can start over again in new servers. Servers are dying as all new players decide to start over and over again.
Create some starter bonus on old server. Raise starter zones with bigger cities so weak faction can catch up. Dont do merges just free swaps for characters if they want change too old servers. Stop creating new servers!! This is main reason ppls escape...

Lysander81
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm

1.sanctus realm 15
Castle lev 27
2. Magister
3. Merge plz, so little active
4. Please be fair with castle separation
Thx

Khorio319
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Server 35, Pyramid 19
Marquis
and i'm ok with Cosine "I think merging should be optional. Just open a new transfer realm that everyone can go to with their current houses (possibly restricted to blocks of server #'s). Also, I don't want merging to happen because I'd prefer if all servers were killed after 2-3 months with a winner declared based on predetermined victory condition and awards (titles, linari, cosmetics) passed on to them to use on a new server."

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Name: Zinek
City lord on most servers after 21.
Currrnt chanceller of server 61

I agree with cosine as if there was an end game of a kingdom winning and players are rewarded for playing to the end and then move on I think this would help with keeping players attention for example here's how I would have it setup in my ideal case.

Let's say athaly absorbs all of Neferak like we did on 61 once Neferak loses all of its cities each player on Neferak regardless of level is given the choice of taking the reward for playing (which will be based on how well your team did before your team was slain) and moving to a new realm to start over or move to "carry over" server where you can continue to play with your current progress achieved.

If the player does. Not choose this option they are also given the choice to migrate to another kingdom now that their kingdom has been "defeated" doing so will increase the reward for play when the server ends with one kingdom taking over Nore.

Repeat the above process until the server is completely one colour. Once a server is one colour that team is declared the winner and get the best rewards, ie cosmetics and what not.

Then we could further down the line add on server wars where completed servers will in some way fight against other servers that are also completed and the cycle continues.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Cosine wrote:
Also, I don't want merging to happen because I'd prefer if all servers were killed after 2-3 months with a winner declared based on predetermined victory condition and awards (titles, linari, cosmetics) passed on to them to use on a new server.

That is what I have been thinking, give the game some end game conditions, though there might need to be a balance on how many players can join a faction so it is not completely one-sided.
Last edited by Aluminara on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Jahio
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:58 pm

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid): 21 Stormbluff, 25 Engine
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other: Advisor, Lord
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not? - No, because:
a, people have paid money for this game and shouldn't be forced to leave their server
b, as far as I am concerned about activity on older servers, merging is not solution because of players not being on the same level / not having comparable strength, upgrades, heroes etc...
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?) - Don't merge realms but let players transfer to new created 'infinite' realm(s), start new realms, where people can start fresh and limit them for example to 3 months and at the end of cycle, give linari rewards to players with most power, lifetime honor, tactics school and probably something else and restart the realm
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern? - old way too strong players, players having multiple characters in 1 realm