No
22 (20%)

Total votes: 110

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 pm

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
50, level 25 Castle
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
Crown Prince
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place?
So I've heard this idea tossed around and I really like it. With some tweaks by the design team, everyone wins.
Divide the game into season. Every month, a season ends. At the end of the season, the kingdom holding the most cities wins that season and gets rewarded. Additionally, each player in every faction gets a reward for each city held by their faction at the end of the season.
Then, all players from that server get moved to a fresh server. Anyone who hasn't logged in for 2 weeks does NOT get moved. If there's not enough people for the new server to create a healthy community, 2 servers now become one. People retain their castle level and heroes as well as stay in the same kingdom. For balancing, the new server would not necessarily contain the same kingdoms as the old server (for example, if athaly was #1 at the end and icarum was #7, they might end up on different new servers). NPCs on neutral cities get level bumped to a higher level to accomodate higher castle level.
Fixes the following issues people have:
- Dying kingdoms. They'd get merged after a month and get a fighting chance again.
- People on a dying kingdom still have a reason to login or stay where they are
- Conquest has a purpose! Unlike now...
- There is actual conquest taking place after the first 2 weeks. Right now, most kingdoms have so few active players on a lot of servers that the map is very stale. Nobody's taking over cities because nobody has the manpower to hold any, and nobody wants anything to do with small cities.
- A kingdom that dominates gets put on a new server in the next season with other dominating kingdoms, giving them all a bigger challenge
- Casual kingdoms get place with other casual kingdoms making it more fun for them as well
- Hardcore communities will developed as people get determined to climb the ranks in the leaderboards month after month.

You can tweak this in tons of ways with modifyers. Maybe don't retain castle level, don't retain hero level, don't retain active army, I don't know. I'm not a designer or balancer. But I like the concept of this and with the right amount of attention, you guys could turn this into a really fun new mechanic that keeps the game fresh and viable for years to come.

5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?
I don't think you can just merge as is. How do you merge 2 worldstates together? How do you ensure balance? You might merge a mostly F2P server into a whale fiesta. It''s a disaster and a quickfix that breaks more than it fixes

Destroyer
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Me parece bien lo de la unión de reinos pero no estoy de acuerdo es Q va seguir siendo lo mismo con los de alto nivel ya Que abusan de los de bajo nivel inclusive con mi clan derrotamos una ciudad pero no pudimos gobernarla por que nos atacaron unos muy fuertes y no la quitaron lo malo es que gastamos todos los recursos y ellos se quedaron con todo y nosotros sin nada y ni modo de aser les frente ya que Q su poder es muy difícil

Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Realm 42: Herabe Castle Level 20 Power: ~63K

I agree with point #5 on this post, but for now my vote is NO!

Fix the problems with the realm (server), and quit trying to make the game more difficult for FREE TO PLAY players.

I don't want to lose my progress and end up lower on the proverbial totem pole than I already am. If realms are merged, I don't want to end up in a realm where I have to compete against several more (and probably even BIGGER) PAY TO WIN bullies that don't play fair.

New game mechanics are needed to stop the P2W bullies.
Last edited by 22774848277 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrAhcir
Squire
Squire

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 am

1. Realm 60, level 21 Pyramid. (Realm 58, level 9 Castle)
2. Status: Other.
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not? Main issue with merging of realms is who get to keep which cities? If it would be a reset after the merging, it is about the same as switching to a new server except with more players in it. Merging 2 dead realms into 1 equals another dead realm. Merging 2 realms with the same players equals the same realm before merging except with duplicated roles.
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? It would be unrealistic for a king to make the decision - there are many or maybe none. Decision from system officials would be more reasonable due to partiality and less likely to lead to overbalance of powers.
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern? With more active players in each realm and same number of cities, there would be a lack of duke and prince titles to hold amongst the players.

Alternative to merging: lower the rate of new servers being released to encourage players to work harder on the one they are on, open up more territories from each colour to be explored and conquered, reset of current servers after 1 colour has conquered the majority of lands for more than a specific period of time, reset or closure of current servers after low activity for a specific period of time.

Kato42
Squire
Squire

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 am

1. S21: level 27 lich/dwarf. S61: level 21 human
2. Crown prince, royal guard, sometimes governor

3/4. Yes to merger.
1. servers should be allowed to vote if their server will be part of merger. Either total popular vote or king vote
2. If yes, then servers to be merged into a sort of "merged server+". Basically hard mode servers.

a. Lilith games should decide on optimal server active population size. For example: 1000 active players, 200 per kingdom
b. Lilith games to merge servers based on # of active powers and total power.
c. Kingdoms can be made up of multiple old servers, but median power levels should be similar between kingdoms. This will mean some merged servers are harder than others.
d. If p2w whales are in the server, each kingdom must have at least 1 to balance the game. I am certain you keep a list of these super players
e. All players start again in their capitals
f. In "merged server+", all enemies and resources reset. All increased in difficulty. This Includes cities - even the "free cities" each kingdom gets. Every city should be a battle
g. More ideas pending...

5. Most concerned that the end game is still not fixed. I do not like the idea of closing kingdoms and then having achievements. We have spent a lot of time on building up our castles and heroes. A fancy badge won't make me feel great about having to start over

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 am

Servers 45, 62, 77
Castle 26 pyramid 23 engine 20
Duke, Ambassador, Crown Prince
Hyral, Nef, Hyral

If merging was done correctly and fairly I would consider it....... but only after the games big issues were fixed. Pushing something like this through now would only succeed in killing the game further. As it stands now you have only made changes that have succeded in increasing the gap between f2p and p2w players which shows in the speed at which servers die and new servers are created......... fix the balance between p2w and f2p and I promise you will have solved your biggest issue. All can be solved simply fixing the spend adjusted whale shop and putting restrictions in place to prevent god mode.

Puero
Squire
Squire

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:02 am

1) Realm 80 / Pyramid 18
2) I'm a Governor
3) "No answer"
4) To merge a the castle levels should be balanced, like: "I'm a human with a castle lvl 30 going to a server with players around lvl 12 (the strongest player on this server is lvl 20), so when I join my castle level will drop to 18 (2 levels under the strongest guy in this server) and the same will happen to my researches and resources, [optional ]but if I leave this server and join another one, I get back to my original power and then the balancing system will calculate my power again [sugestion] and maybe do an new map (with level restriction of 15 ~ 20), like a new continent where u can go without leaving you home realm, where many others realms can fight to conquer new cities with better buffs (like Giant Cities), but this map will be reseted every week and the player will be sent back to old cities from original servers (the old city spot remain occupied but they dont get extra bonus there), Cities on this map must be hard to get.
5) Strong players ruin the new players game,

WackAMole
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:15 pm

1. Server 18 Castle Level 30
2. Prince of Lunamere
3. Optional Merge decided by the house leader. Merge is required to increase player activity, preserve the investment of paying members and keep the game fresh.
a) Leader decides to merge with a new server and clicks a button
b) a 48 hour notice is sent out to all house members they will be merging. If they don't want to leave the server they can discuss further or leave the house.
c) Using the house power, # of users, perhaps the strongest and weakest members. The system can balance the server and place houses in the appropriate color. The randomness is on purpose to create change and forces houses to revise strategies. Two houses that were both yellow on the server may not be the same color on the merging server.
d) Once enough houses from all servers can be evenly match and create a new full server an email is sent to all the houses notifying them of a merge.
e) To prevent everyone from merging to often a limit of how often you can merge should be incorporated (perhaps once a month). As well you could provide GOOD! incentives to keep members on the server such as time on the server bonuses.
f) You should also define an end game such as if 85% of the map is one faction. This winning faction should receive a bundle prizes (GOOD ONES!). Each server win should provide a trophy that stays permanently with the house/members across all servers.
g) When a house merges and leaves a server they will leave a big hole. The merging house leader should be able to assign a beneficiary which holds the city for 24 hours for the beneficiary if they wish to take it. This helps with diplomacy.

Obviously lots of gaps that need to be filled in but the results are Lilith creates new servers for new new people while the older servers cascade up into experienced member servers leaving the inactive houses behind.

The main goal of the game changes from who wins the Realm to how many Realms have you won with the number of trophies to show for it.

Pretty strange idea but it's been rattling around in my head and I'm glad I put into text.

Happy Battling All

Whack

Gemrock
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 am

There should be an option to change realms/server.
I join wrong sever and now want to join my group of friends on a different server but cant. I think we should be able to change server as we wish maybe cost of 10 or 20 linari?

Ryu1977
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 pm

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid). 13 - Devilmar - Castle level 23
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other. - Lord and governor
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not? - Yes, this server is dead and boring, and I would like the opportunity to take my account to an active server.
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?) - I'd like to be able to choose the realm I move.
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern? - Not sure.