1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
50, level 25 Castle
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place?
So I've heard this idea tossed around and I really like it. With some tweaks by the design team, everyone wins.
Divide the game into season. Every month, a season ends. At the end of the season, the kingdom holding the most cities wins that season and gets rewarded. Additionally, each player in every faction gets a reward for each city held by their faction at the end of the season.
Then, all players from that server get moved to a fresh server. Anyone who hasn't logged in for 2 weeks does NOT get moved. If there's not enough people for the new server to create a healthy community, 2 servers now become one. People retain their castle level and heroes as well as stay in the same kingdom. For balancing, the new server would not necessarily contain the same kingdoms as the old server (for example, if athaly was #1 at the end and icarum was #7, they might end up on different new servers). NPCs on neutral cities get level bumped to a higher level to accomodate higher castle level.
Fixes the following issues people have:
- Dying kingdoms. They'd get merged after a month and get a fighting chance again.
- People on a dying kingdom still have a reason to login or stay where they are
- Conquest has a purpose! Unlike now...
- There is actual conquest taking place after the first 2 weeks. Right now, most kingdoms have so few active players on a lot of servers that the map is very stale. Nobody's taking over cities because nobody has the manpower to hold any, and nobody wants anything to do with small cities.
- A kingdom that dominates gets put on a new server in the next season with other dominating kingdoms, giving them all a bigger challenge
- Casual kingdoms get place with other casual kingdoms making it more fun for them as well
- Hardcore communities will developed as people get determined to climb the ranks in the leaderboards month after month.
You can tweak this in tons of ways with modifyers. Maybe don't retain castle level, don't retain hero level, don't retain active army, I don't know. I'm not a designer or balancer. But I like the concept of this and with the right amount of attention, you guys could turn this into a really fun new mechanic that keeps the game fresh and viable for years to come.
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?
I don't think you can just merge as is. How do you merge 2 worldstates together? How do you ensure balance? You might merge a mostly F2P server into a whale fiesta. It''s a disaster and a quickfix that breaks more than it fixes