No
26 (17%)

Total votes: 151

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Re: Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:43 am

1.85; Lanchester, Castle - 13(4hrs till 14)
2. Minister
4. Honestly I would base it on age. Merging servers of the similar age, with the assumption that the average player level is also the same. If you merge the three oldest servers, and keep the chain going then it might work out. Since it seems servers are about the same age, then merging the three oldest would work. When you merge them there should be a warning, say a full week. When the servers merge it should be a fresh start in so much as everyone keeps their castle level and all they have worked for but gets a new chance to pick a kingdom. Possible pick new starter heroes, any ones payed for would remain and if new starting heroes are chosen then they start at level one. Also have it repopulate the map with new PvE of a much higher level. Maybe with a tiered system so that it is based somewhat on your castle levels. Thus giving everyone something to do while cities are being taken, houses are being formed, and politics are happening.

Also it would be great as previously said. If accounts that are inactive, say two weeks or more are sent to a purgatory of sorts. Where the accounts are not deleted but they are not automatically dropped into the new merged server. They get put into a holding bin, and when or if the player comes back then they can choose which server they go to. Either into the merged server or another one with which they are in the same as the average power level. Thus having less people and lag in the new merged server.

Secondly if a server is merged give the low end players a chance to not join the merged server. Give them the option to join a newer or lower level server. Since the point of merging is to keep things fresh and have high level players a chance to fight people on their own tier/level. With the added bonus of making much smaller numbers on any new servers. Once a server is merged new players are not allowed to join it, possibly hiding them from the server list. Thus keeping a more level playing ground with the titans having full court to fight among themselves. Maybe give merged servers a larger map to play with, since it will have more active people/houses. That would give houses more cities to take and more room to play in. Make the no-mans land higher level so it takes more time to take cities for the kingdom. Really anything you can do to stretch the game play for the merged server.

Eventually have the three oldest merged servers merge again. Say do it every three months to keep the game fresh. Sort of like a season if you will, how other ranked games do it. Somehow giving prizes to the people at the top of the leader board, not just players but also houses, and maybe Kingdoms. So it would give people a reason to keep working and fighting to stay on top. After a few rounds of this then end the servers. Award final prizes and let them start again on newer open servers. Give them medals or something to have bragging rights and maybe bonuses to help them rebuild faster and have an edge on existing players for a time while they rebuild.

5 - Well I would have two issues, one being lag and server insatiability. The servers are bad enough if you double the load and don't balance the game so the servers can handle the load. You only make a bad situation worse, in that people would just get fed up and leave or start anew on new servers and make those servers have the same issues and start a never ending cycle.

My second concern is the lack of an end game. Every game needs some sort of end, merging servers just prolongs your problem but does not fix it. I know you want people to play this game forever and continue to pay money, either Patron or outright buying Lunari. Since obviously you want to stay in business and you need customers to do that. However with no end game or reset in mind, then it is just and endless grind till people just get bored and quit. Eventually that sort of way of working gets toxic and can kill a game. I dunno how you make an end game, maybe just do seasons like I mentioned previously. Regardless there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel,eEven if that light is just a lure to make you start down a new tunnel.

Lanfeust
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:33 pm

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).

Server 87: Anubaris - Castle Lvl 18

2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.

King of Icarum, lord of the strongest house in the server (Forged)

4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)

I think server merging is necessary. The realm I am in is only 1 week old and a lot of the top players from other kingdom saw how my house was dominating the map so most decided to migrate into our kingdom while they still could. Now we are the top house by almost 2x the amount of power compared to the second best house in the server.

Other kingdoms are losing players constantly as they have no chance to migrate anymore and just quit the game or joined the newest server that appears every few days. Now my house is stuck in nearly a dead server where we completed dominate and have no competition. What is there to do? Kill the remaining weak ones? Then what? Daily PVE only? I don't think that is enough to keep players active or spending money on your game. There needs to be more actions/events specially larger maps with a lot more players as right now a 1 week realm is essentially over there is just no content left. We want competition, but we also do not want to be paired up with players who have been playing for many weeks and are a lot stronger then us. You can not pair a server that is 1 week old with one that is 3 weeks old. This is extremely disadvantage unless your going to give the other side 2 weeks worth of resources.

DangerDuD
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 am

1) server 38(starfall), Pyramid lv-23
2) Justice
3) I want to marge
4) Yes i want to choose which realm i want to marge with
5) My biggest concern would be, i don't wana marge with a overly dominated one sided realm

ZiMi
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:42 am

Zimi server 57 stronghold 23

First of all it was the migeration fault and this what kills servers more. Poeple ( payers and strongs ) trying to show up and take everything by their own power even against their kingdom members. And if they didnt take it or they were not happy with the result they migerat to enemy kingdom and start hitting their last kingdom.. which cause this kingdom do fall faster .. and make everyone quit and start over again .. thats what does happen to server 57. Its totally dead now. People is playing because they paid money there. And they dont want to start zero again from 2-3 months ago.

For. Merging realms. I would say it will help getting some activity and should be 2 or 3 if merged togather and almost equivelant in their powers. And What does you mean by merging realms ? ( kingdoms or servers ). if its servers there is will be cities problem .. if merging faced two different kingdoms in two different servers having same city

... and please try to do more things to attracte free to play players. What kills the games is updating everything related to pay to play players and they get more powerfull against the slow leveling free to play players.

Those two facts make more activity in games

1- migeration
2- more attractive things for free to play players

For migeration i guess you must put some rule that stop it from revenging his kingdom for specific time ( 2 weeks or month )

For F2p players i guess make the shop higher prices to make those pay money to pay alot money to get this things. If it cheap they can go faster and kill every F2P in the game

One more thing i would suggest you add more mine inside the player city to produce for him ( crystals and mithril and blood diamond ) this will add more challanging

Thank you

TheFlow
Squire
Squire

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:16 am

Dear Lilith,
Here is my opinion on the current game

1. Castle lvl 27
2. Your status - Lord
3. Inwant merge
4. Player in the house should be go with their house. They should go out of house if they dont want to go with their house merging strategy. All people in their capital should not be left out and do have option to move as well.

When choosing merging server it should consider the kingdom power, mean there should be time tondecide before the merger and people count and power need to be count to balance the system. The top 20 power and number of people should be in in percentage tolerance so new server will be balance.

Unless you develop bigger map, everybody should be atart from capital after merger all capital resident should start from capital. For house that is joining new merge server should choose the city base on the ratio of their previous city count in old server. It doesnt mean if house that has 20 city will get 20 on new server but by ratio, let said it was booked 20 city per kingdom, so the house will got anfair percent of the assign house for their house and can expan later on the game.

The one that killing game faster is the new migration system. I think you justvdevelop a traitor and politic winner on everybserver by allowing this to happen. The issue is the way you control the migration. City count is not representing kingdom power. It should be top 20-30 player who on every kingdom representing the kingdom power. So you should only can migrate to the kingsom who has less city count AND less Total top player Power. Also you need to find a way that there is always 3 kingdom compete for the server.

People also stop playing because no more pve interest such as nonmore dragon left. Academy was stuck at 4-15 after last update, if you have the whole map there should be interest to gain rank.

5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?

The merge server will die again if you dont fix the migration system.

Thanks

HunterxHunter01
Squire
Squire

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 am

1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
1. My realm S53 level22 Pyamid, realm 74 Engine.

2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
2. Governor of Blackmore in S74.

3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
3. Merge is must but how you make it right.
Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13223

4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)
4. Merge realm and server is the best thing to save old and new realm. But also may kill low player in mid or new realm. Do it right or everyone will blame p2w and also some high power players.
Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13223

5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?
5. I was realm S53 and happy there with about 500k to 1mil rss then 1 day all gone due to group raid my base and that make me sad about defend and most of the house members defended my base, we have full gold wall but they still raid.
So I went Realm S74 and now i have about 2mils rss, this time I was the strongest kingdom.

Please also remember to vote
Voted
HunterxHunter

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:39 pm

I play on 54 Rufio, Dead server, I am the Neferak Crown Prince.

We probably need a server merge but stuffed if i care when my spiders spin round in circles attacking stationary targets.

I also play on dragonroost 63, currently King of Neferak - need a server merge here already but you open a thread like this, release an update that starves all your late game kingdoms and players, keep releasing new servers, and you expect me to believe you care?

Your community interaction is quite clear in these forums. 1 moderator/staff that responds infrequently and not to everything that is relevant on these forums (which are not very active by any means)
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:34 am

dorianGREY wrote:

We probably need a server merge but stuffed if i care when my spiders spin round in circles attacking stationary targets.

I also play on dragonroost 63, currently King of Neferak - need a server merge here already but you open a thread like this, release an update that starves all your late game kingdoms and players, keep releasing new servers, and you expect me to believe you care?

Your community interaction is quite clear in these forums. 1 moderator/staff that responds infrequently and not to everything that is relevant on these forums (which are not very active by any means)

Hi Dorian,

All the feedback written on this topic was passed to the team working on the updates from the game. We do care about player feedback and we are doing our best to improve the game. This discussion was created so we could come up with the best way to improve old server activity without affecting the players in a bad way. I hope you can understand that.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 am

hengli wrote:
dorianGREY wrote:

Hi Dorian,

All the feedback written on this topic was passed to the team working on the updates from the game. We do care about player feedback and we are doing our best to improve the game. This discussion was created so we could come up with the best way to improve old server activity without affecting the players in a bad way. I hope you can understand that.

let old servers fill up with new players by stopping the release of new servers? Archive inactive accounts so you can bring in fresh blood if the 30+ day inactives are taking up room on these servers, problem solved.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Yes we should merge but once again we should not be allowed to go to the highest level faction