Squire
Squire

Re: Merging Realms - Discussion Topic

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am

Hi
1. Lv 25.
2. Duke
3.I do want that
4.If merge, only by developers decision, it means, dont let anyone chose which realm they r gonna merge.Merge it by the average power of players of whole server , or stronghold lv.{It d merge mostly the older servers together and the new ones together} If y allow players to merge/migrate to server of their own choice , there s gonna be power imbalance.Merge only whole servers together, not only individuals.I am playing with friends from real life, so we d like to stick together obviously.
Another possibility is merging houses by the power to different servers.
5 - Biggest concern is , its gonna create overpowered kingdoms, like when kingdom migration started.So it leads only to dead game.So pls work on the end game.Restart kingdoms after while, or when the one kingdoms take over whole map/ or by some time.Let be rewards for those who win the season and start over again with whole map.This should exist on new merged servers..or some other end game policy, otherwise there wont be anything solved by merge.

Fawksito
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

ArtemisQuinn wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
Just saw this very interesting video and it made me think of this conversation, and why merging will not do anything.
Agreed, this is an infinite game, so eventually you are going to run into the problem mentioned in the video. We will run out of rss, and people will drop out. Merging servers is a temporary band-aid for this issue. Eventually their does need to be an end game to keep it fresh, however what that will eventually turn out to be is anyone's guess, and doubt something the Devs are really thinking of at the moment. They just want to keep the game alive and people spending money short term so they can have the time to figure out the long-term goal.

there is no other issue at the moment, and eventually someone will win the realm, thinking that all kingdoms will be with the same power and will be a balance is a very romantic idea, and its not the fault of the top players is just the way a game is, so merging realms will put some strong players with rrss to fight and this will become super interesting.
BOOM

Gaudolth
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:29 pm

1- 38 starfall, pyramid lvl 28
2- advisor and governor
4- i would like a power based system based both on top players strength and number of active players
5- on starfall we almost conquered the all map as purple and first of all the map is made for around 1000 players and only about 200 are active. second all the remaining active players in other kingdoms have non chances of fight us so they spent time and maybe money for nothing

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:09 am

hengli wrote:
1. Your realm and the level of your stronghold (Castle, Engine, or Pyramid).
2. Your status - whether you are a King, an Advisor, a Lord, a Governor, or other.
3. If you do not want to merge realms, why not?
4. If you do want to merge realms, do you have a preferred way that the merging take place? (For example, would you want to choose which realm you merge with, would you prefer that the King make that decision, or would you perhaps first like to wait to hear about the official strategy and then point out areas that could be improved?)
5 - If your realm merges what is your biggest concern?

1 - Realm 61, Pyramid Level 24

2 - Just member of a house

3 - I want to merge realms

4 - At the end of each month, all active players are given rewards (e.g. Linari, etc) based on three factors:
  • A: the honor they gained that month
  • B: the number and size of cities their kingdom controls DIVIDED BY the number of active players in their kingdom
  • C: the average castle level of active players in their realm
Total rewards factor = A * B * C

(Note: my definition of an active player is a player that has logged in within the last 5 days)

After the rewards are given, all houses will moved to new realms based on their highest member's castle level to the kingdom with fewest players.
Then, players not in a house will be move to new realms based on their castle level to the kingdom with fewest players.

Players keep all their progress (e.g. units, research, buildings, resources) but start in the capital.
Houses keep their members and their level.

This will result in full realms with mostly balance castle levels and number of players, while allowing houses to stick together.
Also, it gives a clear objective for players to aim for each month.
Lastly, it encourages players (especially those with high honor) to join kingdoms with fewer players and to help them conquer cities.

5 - Players with similar castle level are place together on the same realm (unless they belong to a house)
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

Kryton13
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

1. Realm 14, Engine lvl 30 (nearly 31)
2. Duke/governor + Ambassader
3. I want to merge realms
4. I spent a long time thinking about different implementations but then i read SilentNSly's ideas and they seemed much better then mine. I fully endorse SilentNSly's ideas.
5. Same again as SilentNSly.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 pm

1. Realm 24, Level 30
2. King of Neferak
3. I wish to merge servers
4. I would like to choose which server I can move to for a fee (cos obviously nothing in this world is free)
5. My concern is that if we are unable to choose where we can move to, we will be forced into playing versus players that are much too strong and then there's no point in playing the game. Such as the God on Server 18. If the option to move servers stays available with a fee ofc, then if we are joined by someone that is strong we can just move to another server. Imagine the endless possibility of money in this situation. Someone hates you? They follow you everywhere. Costs them money to move, costs you money to keep running away. Infinite money plan. Go.

Ortiran
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 am

1. Realm 55, Level 27
2. King of Hyral and Lord of the most powerful house on the server
3. I wish to merge servers
4. I would like chunks of servers to be merged. So for example servers 1-3 get merged, 4-6, 7-9 and so on.
5. My concern is how the city allocations would work. Another concern is if people are allowed to move to whichever server they want, I don't see anything stopping me from bringing my old accounts from dead servers to this newer one. I can easily bring back 500k+ power account to a new realm where the average power is still in 250k-300k range.

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:11 am

Kryton13 wrote:
1. Realm 14, Engine lvl 30 (nearly 31)
2. Duke/governor + Ambassader
3. I want to merge realms
4. I spent a long time thinking about different implementations but then i read SilentNSly's ideas and they seemed much better then mine. I fully endorse SilentNSly's ideas.
5. Same again as SilentNSly.

Thanks very much!
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

IcyPanda
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:29 am

1. Realm 60 Castle 22. Realm 91 Castle 17
2. Realm 60 Governor/House Lord Realm 91 King/House Lord.

3. it would be great if u can choose realm to merge with, but there can be problem because of player can choose to merge with their old server and can be super strong if everything get combine. For Example if merge happens i hope the Developer choose which realm to merge because they can check which realm need balancing between the six kingdom with active players. Also i would like that if the developer happen to choose realms that have been played on, the hero the player brought on those realm that are being merge will be kept along with resources,linari,tech,and troops. The Highest Castle/Engine/Pyramid will stay and the rest will get combine. As well as equipment too will be combine. and merge like 5-10 consecutive realm, for example merge 1-10,11-20,21-30,31-40,41-50, 51-60,61-70, 71-80, 81-90,91-100,101-110,111-120. Instead of random or choosing. The new merge server would be simple call Server 1 from 1-10 and so on. For this to Happen map expanding would be great like adding more than 20 city maybe like a whole new continent, making use of the water on the map, the continent would be connected by a frozen body of water where theres new dimension to explore making use of the Mirror, Diary or make player have building dock allowing them to train War Boats/Transport Boat to travel to the new continent. Dock unlock with rank(1000 Honor) or castle 15. This will also make a new way of battle experiencing allowing player to do Sea raid and such.
4. If your realm merges what is your biggest concern? Power and Active Player.

mag1C
Squire
Squire

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:29 am

1. Athaly, 31 Castle, Server 33 Griffinhold

2. King

3. Merge 5-10 servers perhaps incrementally over a period of 6 months.

4. When merging the balance of server should be brought back to the map so that one kingdom does not steamroll the server in a month time after the server merge. A few recommendations for this to happen:
a) Merge kingdoms from different servers so that if one kingdom of less activity and power is compensated and balanced out by merging them with the winning side on another server.
b) Therefore the criteria on choosing which kingdom from different servers should be merged; the choice should be made from overall power of kingdom while including lifetime honor. This avoids joining kingdoms that have great overall power but many inactive players by embedding the data from lifetime honor.

5 - Greatest concern of the game at the moment is the imbalance there is on many servers and one kingdom steamrolling and the map being wiped out by one kingdom as well as the servers dying. My recommendation is to implement something that was implemented by other games. If a kingdom has less of the map then a bonus should be given to the losing kingdom to help them and encouraging them to play:

For example:
1. If one kingdom has 20 mines on map and other kingdoms have 3 then a +30% resources boost should be given to the weak kingdom. If the other kingdom has even loss even a 80% resource boost.
2. If one kingdom has 20 quest buildings on map then the kingdom with less quests should get a +50-90% experience boost
3. If a kingdom controls much less territory then perhaps provide losing kingdom with +30-90% might, magic, stamina and command.

Then when all kingdoms are on equal scale there would be no boosts.

In this way people will not be disappointing when losing too much territory.

Providing Kingdom boosts when too much territory is lost in terms of +50-80% resource gain, experience, might, magic, stamina and command will enable the longevity of the game and servers while providing a balance on many servers. Implemented by many other well known games and has been proven to work.

Thanks!

mag1C
mag1C House -X- Athaly Server 33

Tutorials, Hall of Fame Plunders and much more on our YouTube Chanel Below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswjt8WnzYtDjSKvwVIvtdA