ksq
Squire
Squire

Response (Developer Diary Sept 4) Bullying

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:01 pm

So with the supposed changes of:

"Whenever an enemy wants to challenge you to a duel while you are on your home territory, they will need to pay a "fine" in the form of Honor before they can do so."

This will stop or halt bullying at all for the following reasons below:

1) Honor past the early game has no use at all.

2) Bullies (Whales and other high level players) have ten's of thousands or even 100 thousand or more honor stored up. Since, it has no significant use past the early game and it does not impact game progression, it won't stop bullies from what they do best bullying.

3) If you are on servers dominated or almost all dominated by one kingdom(color), like me on the receiving end of Dunwulf on server 16 Avril. Everything, is enemy territory for us. Therefore, all the other kingdom's would have to pay honor to duel the bullies with this new/supposed change. The bullies and whales would not have to pay anything.

From the points above, this won't lessen bullies, but will help them especially on servers dominated by one color already. Sadly, these players even gloat and harass all the other kingdoms on world chat regularly like masters to slaves.

An Actual FIX

So, it can be fair, I recommend that ALL PLAYERS who initiate a duel no matter where they are on the map or power level should be required to use half of their total heroes energy points (rounded up). If they have,

4 heroes they would use 2 energy points,
5 heroes they would use 3 energy points,
6 heroes they would use 3 energy points,
7 heroes they would use 4 energy points.

If the duel actually, happens, then they would be limited to the standard rules of 1 hero 1 point used on the battlefield.

If the duel does not happen, they would chose the heroes that would lose 1 energy point. So, if they have 4 heroes then 2 would lose one energy point.

In this way, those initiating a duel are putting some "skin" into the game when they run around the whole map targeting weaker players who end up running away because of fear of massive troop loss, resource loss (due to troop loss), and long hospital times. The problem is that those who run away

Lose [list=]1[/list] energy from all heroes

The player that initiates the duel (usually a bully or whale)

Has NO loss whatsoever, so they can bully as many players as they want as many times as they like.

I feel this change would be reasonable and would not target any player specifically as it would be for only those wanting to initiate a duel.

[b][/What are your thoughts?b]

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: Response (Developer Diary Sept 4) Bullying

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:56 pm

My thoughts are im fed up and out of patience. There are a lot of big issues that have been brought up many times over the past few months, and lilith is addressing bullying over literally any other thing they could have focused on in their diary. Its completely messed up and makes me feel they have no idea what theyre doing.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 pm

So you want me to spend my energy defending my city from attacks? People just flee when someone challenages them at your own city. How am I supposed to play the game. That solution doesn't fix the game at all. It would just solve one issue and create new ones.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 pm

If you are worried about fixing being duelled in your own territory, you do not know your player base at all and are focused on entirely the wrong thing.You just starved your game of resources, now you want to starve smaller players duelling eachother? like i care how much honour I spend, the bullies will earn it back wiping the armies they bully. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:23 am

Guys, please wait for the next update to see other game improvements. This is just one change to help players to feel more protected in their own territory. Honor WILL be useful, so I am sure players won't want to waste it like this.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 am

hengli wrote:
Guys, please wait for the next update to see other game improvements. This is just one change to help players to feel more protected in their own territory. Honor WILL be useful, so I am sure players won't want to waste it like this.

Awesome!
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Skarn

ksq
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:42 am

hengli wrote:

That is good to know that Honor will have some use. Finally!

Even if it does have some use, this change will benefit the whales and the higher level players.

1) Whales and higher level players have much more disposable honor than low level players.
2) Whales and higher level players tend to chose the winning team/kingdom where they already own most of the map. For example on Avril (Server 16) Dunwolf has basically conquered the whole entire map. You can see the picture of our map on the Facebook site. This means they already have speed bonuses (easier to chase us down on the map), recovery bonuses (less downtime to attack us again), and now dueling bonuses among other things.

From time to time, I have experienced whales and high level players (Dunwolf kingdom) purposely hunt us down as soon as we exit our territory. We have no more cities on our server except the starting city. Their tactic to bully us is to position 3 to 4 players around our borders. As soon as we exit, we get dueled. We surrender to cut our losses. To add insult to injury, they gloat and harass us on world chat. We can't do anything against these 400K+ players.

Do you think this enhances the gaming experience?

Can you just see how unfair this is becoming?

If whales and higher level players own most of the map this change benefits them over the little guy who will need to waste honor just to try to fight the bully whales and higher level players and that is if we have a chance. This just gives the common player an additional disadvantage.

Please explain to us how this does not benefit them?

If you want to make it fair, make ALL players have a loss of honor when initiating a duel.

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 am

Yeah, that is the problem with no end game. Once a kingdom has taken over the map then it won't and cannot be fair for anyone but the winning kingdom. No matter your power or honor no fix will change that. So once a server gets to that point then it is all for not. Which is why the game needs an end game for servers. One that either lets servers merge and reset, or lets players migrate to other servers once that map is more than lets say 70% controlled by one kingdom. This will hopefully get all the insanely high level players all one one server to fight each other, or at least give people some time to gain power on a clean map before it gets run over by high level/power players again.

With a server merge, then players with in certain power levels should be forced to play with each other on set servers. So you have tiers that players fall into depending on their power level. Thus giving lower level players a chance to start on somewhat fresh servers that don't yet have as many whales on them. While also forcing whales to merge with other whales and have a grand fight to see who can out spend the other. Eventually after that there does need to be a real reset for whales and high level F2P people alike with metals or something they can use to gloat with. Say tiered ranks or something that makes them reset and gives them bonuses.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:40 am

hengli wrote:

Why not give more detail to us rather than vague, statements? or less devblogs that are more like reading a 4th grade what i did on the weekend assignment (apologies if you write them mate, but they are about as fun to read as blank paper and give generally very fractional information to your community about what is going on.

Perhaps I came to this forum with the idea that the devs wanted community interaction and feedback but it seems patience or ask support on facebook/game rather than community help and discussion with the devs or community managers. The server merge might be community involved but so much of the community has asked why they are releasing new servers rather than letting old ones fill up with new blood.... and you guys can give no clear answer. So telling us to be patient is just silly, if you dont want to answer something, you just ignore it.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm

This will just benefit whales and cause the rest of us to suffer. Really all the changes lately are just to get us to spend more. Even the resource changes have starved us of resources - most ppl can't upgrade anything now. Even for the average player who does like to spend a bit it's reached the point it's not worth it with the cost of troops. U lose more than you get from attacking walls now on our realm. Maybe if the increased the respawn rates of the All the pve content and introduced a repeatable tactics school with less resources it might be fun again but ATM I feel like there is no chance even for a medium spender like me.