Dazed
Baron
Baron

Re: Response (Developer Diary Sept 4) Bullying

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 pm

dorianGREY wrote:
hengli wrote:
Guys, please wait for the next update to see other game improvements. This is just one change to help players to feel more protected in their own territory. Honor WILL be useful, so I am sure players won't want to waste it like this.

Why not give more detail to us rather than vague, statements? or less devblogs that are more like reading a 4th grade what i did on the weekend assignment (apologies if you write them mate, but they are about as fun to read as blank paper and give generally very fractional information to your community about what is going on.

Perhaps I came to this forum with the idea that the devs wanted community interaction and feedback but it seems patience or ask support on facebook/game rather than community help and discussion with the devs or community managers. The server merge might be community involved but so much of the community has asked why they are releasing new servers rather than letting old ones fill up with new blood.... and you guys can give no clear answer. So telling us to be patient is just silly, if you dont want to answer something, you just ignore it.

+1. Couldnt agree more dorianGREY
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:36 pm

hengli wrote:
Guys, please wait for the next update to see other game improvements. This is just one change to help players to feel more protected in their own territory. Honor WILL be useful, so I am sure players won't want to waste it like this.

Uhhm no. This is what you get with these diaries. You KNOW there's massive issues with the game right now (new academy resources, no more looting because of the warehouses, server inactivities, etc.). These are concerns that are making people think about quitting your game. And you post a diary about something literally nobody is asking for right now, completely ignoring the major issues and just saying "just wait".

If you make an update, give us some insight as to what you're planning. Otherwise, you just piss off your playerbase by ignoring the issues and giving us information that makes us feel like you're not listening to a word we're saying.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:32 pm

hengli wrote:

I really hope we don't need to pay honor to plunder cities, it would be terrible for a hundred of different reasons and would make the new warehouse/academy system even more frustrating. With dueling I'm fine, don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 pm

hengli wrote:

Because this looked like the best place to post this;

Thank you Hengi for adding the Developers reasons and thoughts behind the change. I think this Dev Diary was great, maybe just needed the "Honor shop is coming soon" or something.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:01 am

dorianGREY wrote:
hengli wrote:

Why not give more detail to us rather than vague, statements? or less devblogs that are more like reading a 4th grade what i did on the weekend assignment (apologies if you write them mate, but they are about as fun to read as blank paper and give generally very fractional information to your community about what is going on.

Perhaps I came to this forum with the idea that the devs wanted community interaction and feedback but it seems patience or ask support on facebook/game rather than community help and discussion with the devs or community managers. The server merge might be community involved but so much of the community has asked why they are releasing new servers rather than letting old ones fill up with new blood.... and you guys can give no clear answer. So telling us to be patient is just silly, if you dont want to answer something, you just ignore it.

Would you join a server with cities all conquered to play? Why do you think players always wait new servers to open before they start playing the game? Because timing is something very important in Art of Conquest, specially the first few days of each server. There are lots of new players coming to the game so we need to open new servers, but at the same time we are working on merges. The way to solve the low activity from an older server is not to overpopulate it with low level players that won't be able to enjoy the game at all, so this assumption that opening servers means not caring about old servers doesn't make any sense.

Developer diaries are intended to give a sneak peak of what is coming to the game to the players, there is no intention to share very detailed info as you will see this detailed information when the patch notes are released. Sometimes having some patience and waiting for certain things to happen before making statements will go a long way.

I understand that players are upset over many game issues, and I can assure you that we are working on them. Please have a little patience, the game took more than 2 years to be developed and the team worked very hard to bring you guys what you are seeing right now. We want you to have the best game experience possible and I know that right now this could be improved, with your support I am sure we will be able to do it. But I just ask you to help with more constructive criticism and less negativity, let's build a nice community here where we can make this game better, not just a place of complaining please.

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 am

hengli wrote:
I understand that players are upset over many game issues, and I can assure you that we are working on them. Please have a little patience, the game took more than 2 years to be developed and the team worked very hard to bring you guys what you are seeing right now. We want you to have the best game experience possible and I know that right now this could be improved, with your support I am sure we will be able to do it. But I just ask you to help with more constructive criticism and less negativity, let's build a nice community here where we can make this game better, not just a place of complaining please.

Alright, here is some constructive criticism:

- Many people have complained about the server issues. There has been no comment on it other than 'looking into merges', but you're opening new servers. From a player's perspective, that makes it look like you don't care. I understand you can't send new players to server 20, everyone understands that. But right now you're looking at 70+ servers that are currently on the verge of dying. It's important for a company to retain a player base if that company wants to retain revenue. If a player is unhappy, they need to be told at what kind of timeline we're looking at and what possible solutions are coming. Asking someone to have patience doesn't work, because if they can't have fun for the next 2 months, they might as well stop playing.

- Many people are complaining about the state of loot in raids after the patch. You have said nothing on this matter. However, the issue is so urgent that people are literally just out of resources and out of realistic raid targets (nobody can hit the whales with 2 million resources). Having a 5 day build timer is rough enough, but then waiting for another 5 days before you have enough resources to even do anything kills all sense of progression and all sense of fun. We know you know this because it's been complained about enough, here, on reddit and on the servers itself. And yet you say nothing. This is again bad for retaining a playerbase. If people have no sense of progression, they see no reason to log in. If they see no reason to log in, they stop being a player, therefore making the problem even worse.

These are 2 of the biggest examples, but there's a lot more (mech/undead permadeath, spinning units, morale loss bugs, etc etc.)

As a company, there are 2 things you can do

1. You choose not to communicate with your playerbase. You let them know their concerns have been noted and are being looked into. Patchnotes will have to do. This is risky because players may not want to wait for a mythical patch that might take a month and not fix the issue you've been waiting for.

2. You choose to communicate with your playerbase, let them know what you're thinking / planning. This makes players feel listened to, but takes more time and you will ofcourse take criticism as well to people that don't like your ideas.

What you're doing here however is a mishmash of both. You're not really communicating what you're planning for big fixes. Server merge has been uttered, but no details. Resources have not been addressed at all. I mean it's not wrong, you have no obligation to tell us what you're doing of course. However, you ARE communicating on things that do nothing with any of these concerns. You introduce the king concept (great idea! ... if the game was perfect at that time). And now the honor ideas. And by talking about things that arent really on anyones mind at all, you're making us feel like you're ignoring us. And that's when criticism turns into bitterness, because "well they're not listening anyway so fk 'em".

So you can ask us to be more constructive, but it would go a long way if you were to be more constructive yourself by letting us know what you're actually working on to address player concerns. You don't have to, I'm just saying constructive feedback goes both ways.

hengli

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

Blueynoes wrote:

So you can ask us to be more constructive, but it would go a long way if you were to be more constructive yourself by letting us know what you're actually working on to address player concerns. You don't have to, I'm just saying constructive feedback goes both ways.

Many changes in the game like hero balance changes and game features were done based on player feedback. But you have to understand that it takes time to develop anything in the game, announcing things before they are done only make players lose their patience and update plans often change. Based on that I can only tell players like I already do that we are working on certain things, I can't give specific details or dates.

Honor is useless? There is a shop coming this update.
Too much useless equipment? There is a feature coming this update.
Some colors have a lack of resource points and cities? This will be improved this update.
Realm merges? Our team is working on that and got all the feedback from the topic I created. It is coming very soon. And I already explained about the new servers part in my last post.

So, we are listening to player feedback and improving the game. It's not like the next update is just about the dev diary, it's just the subject they picked to talk about. That's it.

I am also aware about many game bugs that haven't been fixed and I will do my best to push the team to solve these problems. I am creating a topic now at the bugs section to organize that.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:31 am

hengli wrote:
Blueynoes wrote:

Many changes in the game like hero balance changes and game features were done based on player feedback. But you have to understand that it takes time to develop anything in the game, announcing things before they are done only make players lose their patience and update plans often change. Based on that I can only tell players like I already do that we are working on certain things, I can't give specific details or dates.

Some colors have a lack of resource points and cities? This will be improved this update.
Realm merges? Our team is working on that and got all the feedback from the topic I created. It is coming very soon. And I already explained about the new servers part in my last post.

So, we are listening to player feedback and improving the game. It's not like the next update is just about the dev diary, it's just the subject they picked to talk about. That's it.

I am also aware about many game bugs that haven't been fixed and I will do my best to push the team to solve these problems. I am creating a topic now at the bugs section to organize that.

This info here is what we are ALL craving. thank you! you have my patience just for this direct statement mate and believe me and the other here when we say we ALL want the best community we can have where devs and players alike are listened to and heard. We have been a little disrespectful and for that I apologise, but we have been shown quite little respect ourselves as a community so far, and we truly hope that changes. You are a step in the right direction for that, the need another 1 or 2 of you.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 am

hengli wrote:
Blueynoes wrote:

Finally some indication that the 'real' concerns of the community are going to be addressed. Thankyou for finally stepping up and providing insight its just a shame it took so long for the information to come forward.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:24 pm

hengli wrote:

I would just like to add my +1 to this being what we have been asking for. (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13173)
I can only guess a road map is meant to have dates but one without is still great to me. Have an official thread that has the known issues and what you are working towards fixing and another with what might be getting added into the game, something for us to look forward to and be patient for. Hopefully, this isn't too much to ask or impossible.

I understand your job would be frustrating with all the negativity and I know I have been a part of that, sorry. But I don't know how to fix some problems I have mentioned or I feel like I have been ignored so I too get frustrated. My only suggestion here is to try and tease it out of us, asking what would you suggest and if you can explain why it wouldn't help or work. If it is something you can't explain straight up say it. Sadly you have to treat some people like they are kids (and some might be) so you have to hold their hand a bit.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing