Sargon
Knight
Knight

Devs - Please remove wood as a research cost

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:08 am

Nobody can afford to pump millions of wood in to army upgrades while also keeping buildings upgrading. The demand placed on gold / elixir due to building / replacing units is no where near the demand for wood generated by city upgrades.

QntaQinta
Squire
Squire

Re: Devs - Please remove wood as a research cost

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:23 am

I have different experiences so far. I feel there is proper demand/supply of wood. I'm castle level 21 and things can change in future. For now wood is OK.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:18 am

The resources drying up late game is a serious issue for players that slows so much of this brilliant game down to a crawl and empties servers of players. Being hit by bigger players wouldnt matter so much if you could come back from it in any way shape or form, but most cant and then the middle class die out from the fatigue of finding resources the whales dont loot.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

DeLoungville
Squire
Squire

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:46 pm

The wood thing is working well together with the new warehouse, complete starvation. It's still doable on new servers in the first month, but the older one's are in a horrible spot right now.

BobtheBuilder
Squire
Squire

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:54 pm

It's been mentioned on several posts now about the imbalance in the resources and how wood is extremely scarce while elixir is becoming ridiculously common...A simple scan of the cities on new and old servers will prove this point.

Fawksito
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Yep, making wood part of research sucks, atm im castle 29 and wood is the most dif rrss to get
BOOM

Rajjeq
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Agreed. All possible wood is sucked up by building, research should be gold/elixir with wood used being refunded.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 am

As much as I enjoy the idea of making players think "do I want another castle level or that sick ass academy x bonus trait" I will agree it needs changing. Either lower building costs by 50-75% or remove wood from academy research.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 am

I think the thought was that wood used to be pretty common because of how much you could stock pile between the 12 to 32+ hours it takes to upgrade builds. That being said, I do feel like this was an over correction. I side with Zinek idea that it is nice to have that "do I want another castle level or that sick ass Academy x bonus trait" and to reduce costs somewhere, though I would suggest the reduction be in the research because it is something that can be skipped where as building upgrades can not.
There is that added part of this being another way that whales can surpass everyone but that beast is a different can of worms.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Bhaphomet
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 am

There is a very easy remedy to this, which would solve a few other probelms on top:

Let PvE battles respawn at a certain rate at the level of the players castle (just like dailies do).

Now developers can balance out which ressource needs to be respawned the most until a good balance is found.

This way we have another way to level up heroes as well, which really starts to become difficult once you have emptied the whole world map and dont have any PvE fight left anymore.

Devs of games like this are way too much focused on making revenue than to come up with easy solutions like this, cause they fear people will buy less ressources in the shop ... instead of finding other good ways to make revenue. Each and every ftp game I ever played suffers from this illness. Developers blindness towards an rewarding and satisfying gameplay ... in the end we play to have fun, but devs build the game to make money not to deliver the best gaming experience.