Shu
Baron
Baron

Re: Jacques and overall hero balance in duels

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm

ASTA wrote:
Please fix, try to defend my kingdom and guy just drops Jacques and one bronze army and puts 24 of my gold troops in the hospital and I was 60 more power than him. Also since you are giving out Energy positions like candy I have over 300 there is no downside of three energy costs. I am willing to spend money have spent over $200 but will not continue if this continues. also, my heroes 4 over 22 his was 25. Edit might as well wait for Blizzards upcoming RTS mobile game if this continues as they know how to create a lasting franchise it's about the balance that's why they are around for 25 years. Let's see how long this will be up?

I'm sure all the players wanting a nerf for Jacques appreciates your comment, but you need to take a chill pill. The game is still progressing and developing from time to time.

It's rude to question the longevity of the game and to compare with other large companies just because you're not getting what you want in an instant. I'm sure Blizzard's nerf takes time before they implement it the same as the upcoming Overwatch Mercy nerf. So, just give the game some time and try to play safely away from Jacques. Because obviously he's incredibly strong in the current patch.

With HotS having 200~300+ seconds queue just to get on a match and D3 getting whooped by Path of Exile, owned by an indie company. I don't think you should be taking Blizzard as an example.

Emoticon
Squire
Squire

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

So yeah, I just got Jacques-and-copper dropped like 4 times in a row. I think any of the below would work to bring him back in balance:

Damage -50%, Health -95% (yes, really). Turn him into a fragile sniper type, you have to think about defending him.

Or

Range -> Melee, Health -50%. More of a high-damage fighter.

Or

Range -50%, Movespeed -90%. Walking tower of damage, gives other player ability to play strategically.

Or

Cannot seige or enter void mirror. Which would mean devoting all your items to him would require sacrifices elsewhere.

Or

Affected by all negative debuffs, duration of them is +300%. Gives the ability for another hero to at least temporarily knock him out of the fight.

As is, there is nothing that can actually be done against him, and no hero has any spell that affects him much at all. There’s no real downside to just stacking him with everything you have, so there’s no real strategic depth to the game if you either have him or play against him.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Emoticon wrote:
So yeah, I just got Jacques-and-copper dropped like 4 times in a row. I think any of the below would work to bring him back in balance:

Damage -50%, Health -95% (yes, really). Turn him into a fragile sniper type, you have to think about defending him.

Or

Range -> Melee, Health -50%. More of a high-damage fighter.

Or

Range -50%, Movespeed -90%. Walking tower of damage, gives other player ability to play strategically.

Or

Cannot seige or enter void mirror. Which would mean devoting all your items to him would require sacrifices elsewhere.

Or

Affected by all negative debuffs, duration of them is +300%. Gives the ability for another hero to at least temporarily knock him out of the fight.

As is, there is nothing that can actually be done against him, and no hero has any spell that affects him much at all. There’s no real downside to just stacking him with everything you have, so there’s no real strategic depth to the game if you either have him or play against him.

Locking a hero out of content is a bad idea I don't suggest doing that.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

sunbow
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 pm

again, i think jacques is fine late game. if you want to nerf him, make him weaker for the first 25 levels (maybe lower the amount of damage he gets per level for the first levels and increase it when he gets to the late game to keep him the same as before there).

you should also take a look at bane: he only costs one energy and has crazy stats compared to other heroes. at level 35+ he gets a monster.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 am

sunbow wrote:
again, i think jacques is fine late game. if you want to nerf him, make him weaker for the first 25 levels (maybe lower the amount of damage he gets per level for the first levels and increase it when he gets to the late game to keep him the same as before there).

you should also take a look at bane: he only costs one energy and has crazy stats compared to other heroes. at level 35+ he gets a monster.

Nerfing would be useless if they were to keep the old Jacques in late game. Cleo/Gazul didn't had the same fate.