Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Jacques and overall hero balance in duels

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Also if you look at the strategy section if the AoC official discord you will see some experiments done. Me and. My friends on the ptr with the jacques free hero boxes.

I spent 1200 linari and I got a level 18 jacques with 20 might with no items equipped. My one friend got to lv 24 with 3000 linari and solo'd tactics school up to 2-14. Without any supporting troops. Literally just jacques.

That's one hero vs a dozen or more silver 8 legions and he wins. That is not balanced I'm sorry. If a hero can literally solo an army past the mid game that isn't fair. And this is only a 40 might jacques if we spent 100$ 14,000 linari you would easily have a capped jacques day 1 and boom you win gg server over.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Zinek wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
Fair play - i respect that position. Jacques really does need a balance pass - personally i hope they dont mess with his mech support skill and just gut his damaging powers.

I just get a bit frustrated when i see the devs improving the game and making good changes and yet people still complain en mass to them, its like they can't win.

His mech support skill only affects jacques himself btw.

AS far as i am aware that applied to his ability extended capacity not to Mech expert.

Mech expert reads:' Jaques is an expert at making careful modifications to mechs. When he is on the battlefield, all allied Mechsuits, Mechwalkers and Battlemechs have their damage and max hitpoints increased.'

A lot of people got confused because extended capacity said that it gave extra ammo to all mech units - but Jaques is the only mech unit that uses ammo so it only applied to him. Note i am making the distinction between units that are in the Mech line and all mechanical units here.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

tofuu
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Jacque is op early but not late. Avalon is extremely op,late but not early. That was my point. You guys play at early game level and that's all you see which is not the correct way to look at the game. Jacque does nothing for your army.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:17 am

I play plenty of late game, I've two servers with 30 castles. Jaques is still a whacked out POS late game that rips through units for no reason. Avalon is totally broken late game but everyone is given him for free if they chose so, so he can be stacked with command for everyone the same way.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

shaunus
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am

tofuu wrote:
Jacque is op early but not late. Avalon is extremely op,late but not early. That was my point. You guys play at early game level and that's all you see which is not the correct way to look at the game. Jacque does nothing for your army.

On old servers where jacquez doesn't have that much might? Sure.
Castle level 30, jacquez still cuts through anything like a hot knife through butter.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I have a server I just dawdle on, i got jaques for fun on it. He's level 22, 30 might and he carves through level 7/8/9 gold and silver troops like butter. I do nothing but deploy bronze on asshats who want to pick on low power players on that server. Think my gold troop kill count is getting past 100 with him lol, I don't even attempt to duel people myself on that server and i've spent the entire game in capital with patron and jaques.

that is not to count the amount of injury time people have received for LITTERALLY Nothing but 2 squads of bronze miners and a jaques.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 pm

dorianGREY wrote:
I have a server I just dawdle on, i got jaques for fun on it. He's level 22, 30 might and he carves through level 7/8/9 gold and silver troops like butter. I do nothing but deploy bronze on asshats who want to pick on low power players on that server. Think my gold troop kill count is getting past 100 with him lol, I don't even attempt to duel people myself on that server and i've spent the entire game in capital with patron and jaques.

that is not to count the amount of injury time people have received for LITERALLY Nothing but 2 squads of bronze miners and a jaques.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

shyke
Knight
Knight

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:31 am

Getting really tired of dueling people to protect our own area and getting jacques dropped and him causing 7 hours heal time and doing 200k damage in one ability. Basically kills my motivation to actually help my own kingdom because the trade off is not worth it at all. I've talked to many others and they don't even bother anymore because people dropping Jacques on your face for 1 hour downtime isn't enough punishment when you spend way more in energy/heal time. I can't believe he hasn't been changed yet when Cleo/Gazul were just as bad as he is yet because he is a 3 energy hero most people consider him "fine" when he is most definately not. If I do quit or stop duelling at all its basically due to the Jacques population being so high and it just is never worth it to actually duel even on your own territory, I would rather hero drop if possible otherwise I would just run and let them run over and hit someone else and waste their energy so they go away. The fact that is the conclusion I've come to is so pathetic because there is literally nothing you can do if you do not have him to counter snipe.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 pm

I haven't fought a Jacques yet but that sounds stupidly unbalanced, especially considering the energy potions they've been giving in buckets lately... the heal time in this game is no joke, and to be able to incur hours of time due to a single champion due to his now irrelevant 3 energy cost is a severe lack of balance that should have warranted him a very quick hotfix to nerf him.

Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:27 pm