Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Jacques and overall hero balance in duels

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Lol your jacques must be pretty weak if it can't solo a dragon.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Had my first experience against a Jacques, I am #1 power in my kingdom against the #1 of another kingdom with very similar power, dueling in my own territory. So I just go full swing on him with silver/golds along with heroes. Dude deploys only bronzes and heroes, one of them being Jacques. I do defeat him but get over 12 hours of injury time. Jacques did more damage in that battle than my whole army combined.

iphit
Knight
Knight

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:41 pm

ddelucca wrote:
Had my first experience against a Jacques, I am #1 power in my kingdom against the #1 of another kingdom with very similar power, dueling in my own territory. So I just go full swing on him with silver/golds along with heroes. Dude deploys only bronzes and heroes, one of them being Jacques. I do defeat him but get over 12 hours of injury time. Jacques did more damage in that battle than my whole army combined.

Asking this out of curiosity but what's your power level? i mean you didnt manage to counter a jacques covered by a bronze army?

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:50 pm

iphit wrote:
ddelucca wrote:

Asking this out of curiosity but what's your power level? i mean you didnt manage to counter a jacques covered by a bronze army?

125k, human castle level 16 with all relevant research/building done.

Think
Squire
Squire

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Was he using lich

iphit
Knight
Knight

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:07 pm

understandable , what did you do to counter jacques?

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 am

He didn't iphit because you can't. You literally summon swords on him and hope he didn't stack enough stamina and night to tank the swords you lose half your army in the process and then fight on. The other counter is use your own jacques to kill their jacques first
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 pm

I used both summon cavalry and swordman on it because I've been reading threads like this. Like I said, I could defeat him but he caused way more damage and injuries than it sounds reasonable. One hour later after the white flag and hero injury elapsed he just resumed attacking as he didn't injure a single silver or gold unit of his.

He is a dwarf but he used bronze spiders for the frontline as meat shields, with no research they did negligible damage.

Edit - Happened again. Another dude literally uses just bronze tanks to back it up.

qaswex
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Colombiadragon
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Jaques is a one man gold army, I don't know why he haven't be nerfed yet