Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

This game needs an "end of game(round)" condition

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 pm

As the situation is now, each server sooner or later ends up with one kingdom being superior than all other kingdoms. At this point it would be good to reset the map and "restart" the server. If nothing is done about this situation a server will simply die and people move to the next server, just to see the same happening on that next server. Sooner or later people will give up on the game and move on to a better game.

Implementing a win condition and resetting the server once any kingdom meets this win condition will help to keep the excitement and keep players motivated - they might be the winner in the next round.

Now a few things that would need to be ensured:

- heroes, troop, building levels will NOT reset
- all items will be kept (heroes and inventory)
- houses will be kept and of course also their tiers and members
- only thing that resets is the map: all players are moved back to their respective main city, all cities go neutral and are repopulated with NPCs (which should give exp and loot when sieged and conquered)
- a good number of world map NPC fights respawn according to each players castle level (in difficulty)
- honor is accumulated during each round of the server and is being reset when the winning condition is met (its not the honor that can be used up by players - but like the lifetime honor is now)
- each kingdom needs to have about the same number of active players - inactive players (not online for over lets say10 days) will be removed from the map and be parked in a "void" - if they decide to return to the game from the "void" they can do so at anytime - if new players come to the server they will be added to the kingdom with the lowest power total

Ok, meeting a winning condition isnt worth a lot, if there are no prizes to gain!

Therefor I will suggest a few options for prizes if your kingdom meets the winning condition:

- every player of the winning kingdom gets the option to chose one out of three different new models for their horse and can chose which hero they wanna display on their horse - on top all three horses have a bonus to runspeed (10%)
- as long as players are in their main city they gain a ressource production bonus of 40%
- the king is granted a different mount that is unique to the server
- every player of the winning kingdom is granted the following: 2.5K x castle level of each ressource and 10 x castle level of each rare ressource plus 10K x castle level hero experience on top a rare item per chance

The winning condition:

winning conditions should vary from roudn to round. possible options would be:

- conquer x number of cities (every city only counts one time and you need x cities at a given point)
- hold x amount of mine x for at least x days (countdown is visible at all times for all players, if any kingdom reached the needed number of mines)
- earn x amount of honor as a kingdom (numbers for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)
- rob x wagons (numbers of robbed wagons for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)
- win x duels as a kingdom (numbers of won duels for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)

and I bet you can come up with more winning conditions to keep it interesting. you could even implement different world maps ... or change the existing one once in a while to keep things interesting, new races would do their share in that regard also.

Well, just wanted to suggest it here, cause I think the game has potential, but doesnt use it to the utmost yet.

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Re: This game needs an "end of game(round)" condition

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 pm

This dosnt matter anymore since the kingdom migration, everyone is now waiting for the Ream Merger.
BOOM

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:35 pm

The game lacks mechanics to balance things out. If your kingdom is behind and you reach level 15 you can just migrate to a stronger kingdom, being on a weak kingdom stuck with the capital or very few cities, you have no benefits (besides more targets to raid, but you'll be far weaker than them as time goes on) and you just lose on daily quests.

What you suggest feels good. Makes a losing situation seem temporary, but with the possibility of migrating to another kingdom people will just hop on the winning side when it's about to end and reap the benefits, or maybe hop as soon as they can so they can help the end conditions occur faster.

The migration system and the upcoming merges feels like placeholders for something better they could do, be it end conditions like this or the server gate suggestion to invade other servers in another thread I saw.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:29 pm

The game is still lacking content but the move on Void Mirror is just one of a great step to add more to the game.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am

on server 33 we have the situation that blue practically has "won", but we are hardpressed to keep on playing (cause many of us bought heroes and invested in other game items and noone wants to leave the server) on a dead server ... there is no real opposition anymore, which makes the game pretty boring. Before I switch servers I will rather quit the game ... maybe server merge can help a bit, but that will sooner or later lead to the same situation we have now - the game mechanics are just not supporting an interesting gameplay for a longer time period (PvP wise).

Implementing a winning condition the way I described above would help and would present players with an incentive to keep playing and stay on their server for a longer period.

I would really be interested to hear a statement from hengli on this ... or any other lilith representative.