timmy64
Squire
Squire

Server for english speaking nations possible?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 am

Hi lilith,

we are a group of about 100 players, coming from usa, australia, and all over europe. We kindly want to ask if it is possible to seperate the servers from chinese. it is not possible for english speaking players to play the new servers. communication is hard, because the translaters don't work proper. maybe every 20 th server You open could be for the rest of the world?

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Server for english speaking nations possible?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am

Translation seems to be fine. I'm able to communicate with the Chinese, Russians, and Vietnamese. Even Arabs. I don't think isolating yourselves will be a good solution.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:49 am

I think this request is just partly concerned to the language barrier... :)
94 Culwood
Castle 32, Dwarf
Jacques 41, 130-9-45-37

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:42 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
I think this request is just partly concerned to the language barrier... :)

I know, what I'm saying is that the translation is not as completely broken to the extent that there's a complete language barrier between the two players. It's still understandable.

SirLolwutz
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:01 pm

I for one would be a big fan of this.
Or perhaps regional servers to be added.
US region, Asian region, European region.

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Translation works amazing, i play with guys from all over the world, that make the game even more exciting
BOOM

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 pm

timmy64 wrote:
Hi lilith,

we are a group of about 100 players, coming from usa, australia, and all over europe. We kindly want to ask if it is possible to seperate the servers from chinese. it is not possible for english speaking players to play the new servers. communication is hard, because the translaters don't work proper. maybe every 20 th server You open could be for the rest of the world?

Well let's plan a server then. So lots of English speaking players have a place to go and work together. I myself am currently planning on server 1111 if you care to join me. More details in this post.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=13802
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ServerOneHundred
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 am

Just wanted to let you know many people have played with Zinek's crew on 100.

They do not care about anyone else only themselves. They migrate only if it benefits them and after 3 weeks into the game they will do whatever they can to survive. They also abuse the shield bug and have massive loot (one of them has over 1mill of every resource right now by using farm accounts)

I just wanted to let people know before jumping in to play with these people... You have been warned.

I'm sure i will get a rebuttal, just remember they have destroyed 2 kingdoms on the same server at this point with their antics.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:09 am

ServerOneHundred wrote:
Just wanted to let you know many people have played with Zinek's crew on 100.

They do not care about anyone else only themselves. They migrate only if it benefits them and after 3 weeks into the game they will do whatever they can to survive. They also abuse the shield bug and have massive loot (one of them has over 1mill of every resource right now by using farm accounts)

I just wanted to let people know before jumping in to play with these people... You have been warned.

I'm sure i will get a rebuttal, just remember they have destroyed 2 kingdoms on the same server at this point with their antics.

Uh oh, exposed.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 am

From my own experience the communication between different languages is sorta working with some words not fully translated properly but there is enough information getting through so that the translation system could be said to be working.

That being said there is entire houses with only chinese players all using very similar names, none of which we can read or distinguish between unless they have certain characters used like 'running man' etc. Can the translation system not work on their names aswell ? We have selected english language yet these chinese names are everywhere and unreadable.

This is not as much a problem with the russian acc's as there is stil letters and distinguishable names used. This could help to lessen the divide between the different languages just being able to interact with them in game in english like we selected ..so in short the player and house names in other than selected language could be auto translated to the users selected language...
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.